Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Re: The PS3 should be discontinued....

Feb 22, 2013

Sony will keep supporting the PS3. That is what they do. They don't give up on their consoles like the others do.

Message 11 of 54 (375 Views)
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Feb 22, 2013
Once a new system is released, they start right away with ideas and development for the next system. They started the PS3 development right after PS2 was released. I think the same thing was for the PS3/PS4. Its takes many years of planing and ideas for these systems to happen.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 12 of 54 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Spartan9199 wrote:

...on the one-year anniversary of the PS4. If Sony is really about being a leader in gaming advancement, it should focus only on its newest system. Forget about the ten year lifespan. Gaming is all about technology evolving.

thats why theres not people like you running a company because it would be sure to FAIL...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 13 of 54 (372 Views)
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Feb 22, 2013
I think Sony has been really good about continuing the older consoles with the new ones are released. PS respects their older consoles in a way Microsoft and Nintendo does not.

I expect a good three or four years left in the PS3. Not a one year drop like with the Gamecube and Original Xbox after the Wii and 360 came out.
Message 14 of 54 (371 Views)
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Feb 22, 2013

gamevader28 wrote:

Sony will keep supporting the PS3. That is what they do. They don't give up on their consoles like the others do.

It's bad for business to keep cashing in on old products. Sony should follow Apple's footsteps.

Message 15 of 54 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Feb 22, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Really, it's been 24 hours since the ANNOUCMENT, and people are already asking should the PS3 be discontinued? Are attention spans that short? Or do you really believe that one precludes another?

Universal fact about technology: It's all about the latest and greatest. The PS3 had a good run, but now it's time to move forward. If this wasn't the case, we'd all still be playing the Magnavox Odyssey. 

Message 16 of 54 (361 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29407 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Spartan9199 wrote:

gamevader28 wrote:

It's bad for business to keep cashing in on old products. Sony should follow Apple's footsteps.

You don't know anything about cars, do you? Or even BUSINESS for that matter?

Tell you what. Take some business courses, get your degree, get a job at Sony, and when you're CEO  you can make those descisions. Then we can all watch as you drive the company into bankruptcy.

Message 17 of 54 (360 Views)
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Feb 22, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Spartan9199 wrote:

gamevader28 wrote:

Tell you what. Take some business courses, get your degree, get a job at Sony, and when you're CEO  you can make those descisions. Then we can all watch as you drive the company into bankruptcy.

Who's talking about cars? This thread is about gaming which is a completely different industry. Like it or not, you know that what I'm saying is true when it comes to gaming, specifically. Let me ask you, what's the latest on the Super Nintendo? What about the Sega Genesis? What about the original Xbox? Oh that's right.

Message 18 of 54 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Spartan9199 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Spartan9199 wrote:

gamevader28 wrote:

Who's talking about cars? This thread is about gaming which is a completely different industry. Like it or not, you know that what I'm saying is true when it comes to gaming, specifically. Let me ask you, what's the latest on the Super Nintendo? What about the Sega Genesis? What about the original Xbox? Oh that's right.

history has already proved you wrong...no since in continuing this thread..lol

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 19 of 54 (340 Views)
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Feb 22, 2013

kythunder wrote:

Spartan9199 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Spartan9199 wrote:

gamevader28 wrote:

history has already proved you wrong...no since in continuing this thread..lol

How did history prove me wrong? Enlighten me, please. Also, you might want to check your spelling.

Message 20 of 54 (332 Views)
0 Likes