MVP Support
13653 posts

Re: The PS+ "space devowering" effect...

Mar 15, 2013

NIGHTRAVEN3 wrote:

Dude, chill. Why even post if you can't say anything good? It's not even that big of a deal bro. I have not been on here in YEARS and when finally return, your post in the warm welcome i get, aye? Also, try reading before posting because:

-True, one could simply just redownload later... but what if one does not have the fastest internet and does not want to wait hours?

-Your mind works best when you actully use it to read the entire post!

-What am i searching for?? I have not been on here in years! So how would i know to even think there was a post like this??

-Look at when the thread was started. I just made this thread.

-Actully READ my post before assuming i said SDD. I CLEARLY said Seagate Montous XT HDD/SDD hybrid. Seagate does not make consumer SSD's... but of corse you wouldn't know that. Huge diffrence and the HDD/SDD hybrid does have benfits for PS3. Also, PROF because it does exsist... http://www.thegameraccess.com/reviews/tech/accelerate-ps3s-speed-with-seagates-momentus-xt-review

Protip bro: Take your own advice before dishing it.

Moving on, back to being on topic. 

Um dude, all that extra stuff? That's his signature. Not his post.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 18 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Yeah, this is something I am constantly running into on my Vita (8GB Card) and PS3 (320GB). Conversely, it makes me focus more on completing certain games so that I can delete them and move onto others. Overall, I'm definnitely not going to complain that I have too many games to play-- I definitely like having that problem. 

Message 12 of 18 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

NIGHTRAVEN3 wrote:

So, with PS+ being the only counsole service to offer you free games, i have found myself slowly encountering a growing issue that is actully a problem... PS+ is so awesome, it's slowly becoming hard to contain the awesomeness it brings, on my HDD/memory card! Whever we get a new Vita game that i do want, i this in revurse http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-fzGqfI70k. At one point, there were so many PS3 games that were free that i wanted, i had to ponny up and buy a 500GB Seagate Momentus XT (yes, the HDD/SSD hybrid that works magic on PS3) . Has anyone else been hit with the PS+ space devowering effect?

Everybody is different but 500gb can be enough (I use a 500gb hdd). I downloaded almost every plus game and beta offered through plus over the past 9 months, and have a whole bunch of game installs due to my gamefly subscription and I still have plenty of space left (around 280gb left). If I deleted the plus games and data install of games I beaten and don't plan on returning back too to can easily free up an additional 50-60gbs.

Message 13 of 18 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

I was going to come into this Thread and offer my advice, but it seems advice is not wanted.  None the less, I will do so anyway.

When the answer that you seek, in in the question that you state..... Come what may?

gR had a perfectly good answer, as well as GrayGargoyle.  As long as PSN Supports the title, and you have effectively, and fully downloaded the game at least once, it is capable of being deleted and re downloaded at a later date.  I am not entirely sure what beating the game 100% has to do with it, but I digress.

Download speeds aside, it is possible.  If you wish to further complicate the matter, by introducing external drives, then that is your prerogative.  Drives are not my specialty, so I will not comment to that point.

The title of the Thread was "The PS+ "space devowering" effect...", and the OP was:

So, with PS+ being the only counsole service to offer you free games, I have found myself slowly encountering a growing issue that is actully a problem... PS+ is so awesome, it's slowly becoming hard to contain the awesomeness it brings, on my HDD/memory card! Whever we get a new Vita game that i do want, i this in revurse >LINK REMOVED< At one point, there were so many PS3 games that were free that i wanted, i had to ponny up and buy a 500GB Seagate Momentus XT (yes, the HDD/SSD hybrid that works magic on PS3) . Has anyone else been hit with the PS+ space devowering effect?

While gR wished to help, his signature was misconstrued as a direct reply to the OP's choice of Drives.  This is just a case of pure coincidence, which is understandably confusing at first glance.  

All this being said; this response from the OP, "-True, one could simply just redownload later... but what if one does not have the fastest internet and does not want to wait hours?" remains a situation; of someone asking a question and immediately biting the head off the first responder, because it was not the answer they wanted.

Do I have this correct so far?

So I will answer the ONLY Question asked in the OP, "Has anyone else been hit with the PS+ space devowering effect?".  

Yes, I have.

Solution... See 

gR had a perfectly good answer, as well as GrayGargoyle.  As long as PSN Supports the title, and you have effectively, and fully downloaded the game at least once, it is capable of being deleted and re downloaded at a later date.  I am not entirely sure what beating the game 100% has to do with it, but I digress.

I hope this helps to clear the air.Smiley Happy

Moble

Message 14 of 18 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2547 posts

Mar 16, 2013
I have this problem as well as the "Not enough time for all the games" problem. Not a bad problem to have I suppose.
 photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 15 of 18 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Mar 16, 2013

I was almost out of space on my 320gb before PS+ but ever since it launched Ive been deleting games to make room for new ones. So I bought a couple  1tb HDDs  from Best Buy 3 weeks ago for my PS3 and for my son's  and I am already down to 368gb...

Message 16 of 18 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Mar 16, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

I was going to come into this Thread and offer my advice, but it seems advice is not wanted.  None the less, I will do so anyway.

When the answer that you seek, in in the question that you state..... Come what may?

Download speeds aside, it is possible.  If you wish to further complicate the matter, by introducing external drives, then that is your prerogative.  Drives are not my specialty, so I will not comment to that point.

The title of the Thread was "The PS+ "space devowering" effect...", and the OP was:

So, with PS+ being the only counsole service to offer you free games, I have found myself slowly encountering a growing issue that is actully a problem... PS+ is so awesome, it's slowly becoming hard to contain the awesomeness it brings, on my HDD/memory card! Whever we get a new Vita game that i do want, i this in revurse >LINK REMOVED< At one point, there were so many PS3 games that were free that i wanted, i had to ponny up and buy a 500GB Seagate Momentus XT (yes, the HDD/SSD hybrid that works magic on PS3) . Has anyone else been hit with the PS+ space devowering effect?

While gR wished to help, his signature was misconstrued as a direct reply to the OP's choice of Drives.  This is just a case of pure coincidence, which is understandably confusing at first glance.  

All this being said; this response from the OP, "-True, one could simply just redownload later... but what if one does not have the fastest internet and does not want to wait hours?" remains a situation; of someone asking a question and immediately biting the head off the first responder, because it was not the answer they wanted.

Do I have this correct so far?

So I will answer the ONLY Question asked in the OP, "Has anyone else been hit with the PS+ space devowering effect?".  

Yes, I have.

Solution... See 

I hope this helps to clear the air.Smiley Happy

Moble

I love you... no **bleep**

Furiously Chaosing
Message 17 of 18 (42 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Mar 16, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

I love you... no **bleep**

Smiley WinkSmiley LOL

Moble

Message 18 of 18 (33 Views)
0 Likes