Mar 15 2013
By: NIGHTRAVEN3 First Son 22 posts

The PS+ "space devowering" effect...

17 replies 283 views Edited Mar 15, 2013

So, with PS+ being the only counsole service to offer you free games, i have found myself slowly encountering a growing issue that is actully a problem... PS+ is so awesome, it's slowly becoming hard to contain the awesomeness it brings, on my HDD/memory card! Whever we get a new Vita game that i do want, i this in revurse http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-fzGqfI70k. At one point, there were so many PS3 games that were free that i wanted, i had to ponny up and buy a 500GB Seagate Momentus XT (yes, the HDD/SSD hybrid that works magic on PS3) . Has anyone else been hit with the PS+ space devowering effect?

Message 1 of 18 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: The PS+ "space devowering" effect...

Mar 15, 2013

You can BUY the game.... an then download it when you're ready to play it.... then delete it when you've beat it or gotten 100%

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 18 (279 Views)
First Son
22 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

Dude, chill. Why even post if you can't say anything good? It's not even that big of a deal bro. I have not been on here in YEARS and when finally return, your post in the warm welcome i get, aye? Also, try reading before posting because:

-True, one could simply just redownload later... but what if one does not have the fastest internet and does not want to wait hours?

-Your mind works best when you actully use it to read the entire post!

-What am i searching for?? I have not been on here in years! So how would i know to even think there was a post like this??

-Look at when the thread was started. I just made this thread.

-Actully READ my post before assuming i said SDD. I CLEARLY said Seagate Montous XT HDD/SDD hybrid. Seagate does not make consumer SSD's... but of corse you wouldn't know that. Huge diffrence and the HDD/SDD hybrid does have benfits for PS3. Also, PROF because it does exsist... http://www.thegameraccess.com/reviews/tech/accelerate-ps3s-speed-with-seagates-momentus-xt-review

Protip bro: Take your own advice before dishing it.

Moving on, back to being on topic. 

Message 3 of 18 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

YOU should calm down... you're quoting a sig.

NIGHTRAVEN3 wrote:

Dude, chill. Why even post if you can't say anything good? It's not even that big of a deal bro. I have not been on here in YEARS and when finally return, your post in the warm welcome i get, aye? Also, try reading before posting because:

Because you post in an OPEN FORUM. You put yourself out there for all sorts of criticism... good, bad, grey area, etc etc.
You're right, its not a big deal. You're the one who's making it bigger than it needs to be by attacking me, instead of enlightening me.

-True, one could simply just redownload later... but what if one does not have the fastest internet and does not want to wait hours
You're telling me, that you don't use background downloads? You know, you set a time slot for you PS3 to turn on in a low-power state when you're sleeping or not using it the most. In most cases, this downloads things alot faster than the PS3 being active and downloading in the XMB background.

Don't take any offense to it, guy.  I am not antagonizing you

NIGHTRAVEN3 wrote:

-Actully READ my post before assuming i said SDD. I CLEARLY said Seagate Montous XT HDD/SDD hybrid. Seagate does not make consumer SSD's... but of corse you wouldn't know that. Huge diffrence and the HDD/SDD hybrid does have benfits for PS3. Also, PROF because it does exsist... http://www.thegameraccess.com/reviews/tech/accelerate-ps3s-speed-with-seagates-momentus-xt-review

Protip bro: Take your own advice before dishing it.

And still, its not a FULL SSD. the cost is STILL pretty high and STILL, the benefits of either/or, are still negligible. I USED to have an SSD in my PS3. A 256Gb Vertex3, half full. BARELY makes a dent into loading ANYTHING off the hdd. 

trust me, I've done the leg work, the experiements and research. I have experience in the matter. 

The PS3's hardware simply CANNOT take FULL advantage of SSD and Hybrid SSD/HDD technology, no matter how much you want to argue about it.

And yes, i do take my own advice before dishing it. 

Moving on, back to being on topic. 
Yes, lets. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 18 (246 Views)
Last Guardian
11777 posts

Mar 15, 2013

I'd imagine everyone who's downloading everything available through the PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection is having similar issues. Many people are equipped with larger harddrives for their system, while others will have to continue deleting items just to make space for other gaming possibilities. If you're in need of space, your options of course include increasing the harddrive or removing anything you're not playing. With your download history always available, you can always just return to the store and download a game later that you want to play again from the Instant Game Collection if need be.

Message 5 of 18 (226 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

Mar 15, 2013

I used to have an issue with this on my PS Vita, but I finally got the largest Memory Card and haven't thought about it since Christmas (when I got the card) Everything so far fits. Plus wasn't out very long for my PS Vita's enjoyment, but I was worrying about it, also couldn't really buy much digitally because of the initial 4g card I had from the 1st bundle.

My PS3's have large hard drives and can handle downloading most everything. I don't always download everything anymore though, it gets so time consuming ...

Easier to just download and install when ready to use it the first time. It'll be there in my download list. That is something I've always used like that for at least some things. I was a pro at it for my PS Vita day 1. Some people don't seem to understand how nice it is, or that it exists even (download list)

Message 6 of 18 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8202 posts

Mar 15, 2013
My 8GB Vita Card couldn't hold all the awesomeness of Plus. I have to swap games in and out using my PS3.

On the PS3, Plus takes up so much space I had to go grab a 750GB hard disk to replace the stock 80GB.
Message 7 of 18 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Mar 15, 2013

I know what you mean! But you just have to learn to treat your psn plus free/instant games in order of priority. Just keep the games you want to play on the system and the rest ou dont mind playing later on your download list so that you can access those later on aswell. I kind of like it, because it makes me play through the games I have to the end because I dont want to keep downloading, deleting and redownloading games!

Message 8 of 18 (206 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Mar 15, 2013

My 160gb PS3 filled up fast with Plus. I deleted Infamous 2 and Darksiders for the time being. As for the Vita stuff I needed a bigger card but now I've got 40gbs dedicated to Vita memory.

It's also the discounts that take up space too. If I own the game I prefer to keep it on my HDD but Plus titles I will delete until needed again.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 9 of 18 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
654 posts

Mar 15, 2013

I don't have a Vita, but I bought a 750 GB for my PS3, so I won't be having the issue again, for quite some time (ever?).

Message 10 of 18 (168 Views)
0 Likes