Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

Re: The PS Vita Topic Round Up Thread.

Jul 16, 2013

There is no word from Sony Playstation that production is stopping. They haven't announced any closure or any new hardward for replacement. They have stated again and again that the PS Vita is in it's early lifecycle. The best of it's lineup is still in the future.

I just looked at the site and the only PS Vita "Out of Stock" is the 3G/WiFi bundle with an 8gb card and a free PSN game.

There's a definite possibility they might phase out the 3G model and just sell the WiFI-only PS Vita, though no formal announcement has been made.

In that case they would have sold whatever they had and fullfilled your order if they could have. You may have more luck finding the model you want in a game store. 

Do some research so you can be sure about your decision of whether to buy a 3G or Wifi-Only or nothing.

Message 51 of 146 (736 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7408 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Guys if you have the Jack and Daxter Collection and are going after Jack and Daxter The Precursor Legacy platinum trophy you have to be very careful once you get to boogy swamp there is a mission where you have to protect farthy's snacks from rats, the trophy is called Hungry? and you have to do this mission touchscreen, dont forget TOUCHSCREEN if you do it with buttons then you will not unlock the trophy and will have to replay the game or mission again, i didnt save the game before i got to the mission so i had to do a quickrun till that point again. 

Message 52 of 146 (726 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7408 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Btw Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, Little Big Planet and Sonic&All Stars Racing Transformed are freaking great!!!!! 

Message 53 of 146 (725 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7408 posts

Jul 16, 2013

GunnerMcDagget wrote:
I mean the Sony Store not selling the PSVita. Wondering if I should buy it from one of the games stores but would hate to buy it only for the production to stop in 6 months time, or are the current game worth it anyway?

They are sellng the system, they even have a 3g/wifi, 8 gb memory card and a ps network game bundle but sadly is out of stock http://store.sony.com/p/PlayStation-Vita-Launch-Bundle/en/p/PSV22131

Message 54 of 146 (723 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

I just looked at the site and the only PS Vita "Out of Stock" is the 3G/WiFi bundle with an 8gb card and a free PSN game.

There's a definite possibility they might phase out the 3G model and just sell the WiFI-only PS Vita, though no formal announcement has been made.

Actually that's exactly the case - Sony stopped production on the 3G models because they weren't selling as well as the WiFi-only models/bundles.

So yes, Gunner, if that's the one you ordered, then that would be why it's canceled. Just get the WiFi-only model...did you really want to pay a monthly fee for crappy 3G service anyway?

Message 55 of 146 (706 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

Thanks for the info everyone.

Turns out it's just the Australian Sony store that no longer sells the PS Vita. Possible it's just not selling well enough in Australia but as long as I can still get games from the US/UK then it's all good.

Looks like several other stores are now clearing their PS Vita units so I should be able to get a good deal from there.

BTW: It was the WIFI only version that I ordered.

Message 56 of 146 (691 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jul 18, 2013
I asked the Australian Sony store if they were completely cutting PS Vita sales. They stated that they are not currently selling Vita but will soon and my order was cancelled because I ordered the Wifi model. They told me that the wifi model is at the end of it's life and won't be sold anymore.

Odd that the Australian Store and the US Store are conflicting with which model is at the end of it's life.
Message 57 of 146 (660 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jul 21, 2013
first of all i love my psp vita and i got it day one. I just updated to 3g model since it can be used as a controller for ps4. I know vita has had a slow start due to games mostly and with ps4 on the way i see it getting buried more if sony dosent do something to get more vitas sold because in the end if there isnt a huge install base then there wont be a much 3rd party support. Just look at wii u and how most exclusives have gone multi due to this and no new 3rd party games are one there way. That has been rumors that a possible new vita model is on the way so mabey a price cut is too for older models but in the end i dnt think price cuts are the way to go just yet. I think vita bundles is a great start with extra incentives like game collections or yr of ps+. Another way which also been rumored is a ps4 and vita bundel and i see this as a winner. Not just for sony but sony fans. The way i see it sony makes a bundel that includes everything in ps4 base model but take out new duelshock 4 controller and replace it with a vita and sell it for 499. sony fans then get psp vita at a low cost along with ps4. I could also see mabey upping the value and addin a game or ps+. Mabey even a PS4 + Vita + 1 game for each like killzone shadow fall and killzone mercenaries for 499. This would use the succsess of ps4 sales to help vita and in the end give it a huge install base.

i.e. PS4 + Vita + KZ ShadowFall + KZ Mercenary for£499.
Message 58 of 146 (613 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Jul 21, 2013

lanie_faye wrote:
                                   I just updated to 3g model since it can be used as a controller for ps4. 

im pretty sure the wifi model will be able to do all the features with a ps4 the the 3g version can. as for a new model coming.. highly doubt it. theyd want to sell whats out there first since there are plenty to go around. i can see them dropping the 3g model since it isnt selling well, but i highly doubt theyd stop making it right now because of all the ps4 and vita features. im considering getting one just for that next month, and if there was a newer somehow better model to come after i get one ill be ticked off 

Message 59 of 146 (608 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jul 21, 2013
Ya i knw wifi model works just the same i just updated to the higher model even tho there is that rumor of a new model on horizon thats slimer and adds few tweeks but so far it looking like it wont be a whole new model. So thats why i went a head and just updated to 3g.
Message 60 of 146 (605 Views)
0 Likes