Record Breaker
4155 posts

Re: The PS 1/2/3 controller is the worst controller I have ever used

Jun 22, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Anyone else notice that the completely rational answers to his original question are being ignored?  I think this fella would prefer to argue, and, that's fine.  I'm just not going to waste time explaining why something he doesn't like is good. 

DingDing.jpgWinner.jpgThumbsUP.jpg

Proud to be a Monkey!

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 43 (164 Views)
PlayStation MVP
22699 posts

Jun 22, 2013

NintendoIsMyLife wrote:

Those two handles are just waaaay too short. When you're holding the controller, you can't get your grip around it properly and it just feels really awkward.

It's like you're holding a samurai sword, but you're holding at the end of the grip so half of your hand is not touching the grip. It feels extremely uncomfortable and it makes you constantly aware that you're holding a controller which is an indication of how badly it fits in your grip.

I don't know if the majority of the Playstation audience is10 years old and so they have small hands and can fit their entire hand around the handle, but being an adult proves it almost impossible to play in comfort. I guess maybe the target audience that Sony had in mind was not adults.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 43 (155 Views)
Welcoming Committee
12645 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

NintendoIsMyLife wrote:

Those two handles are just waaaay too short. When you're holding the controller, you can't get your grip around it properly and it just feels really awkward.

It's like you're holding a samurai sword, but you're holding at the end of the grip so half of your hand is not touching the grip. It feels extremely uncomfortable and it makes you constantly aware that you're holding a controller which is an indication of how badly it fits in your grip.

I don't know if the majority of the Playstation audience is10 years old and so they have small hands and can fit their entire hand around the handle, but being an adult proves it almost impossible to play in comfort. I guess maybe the target audience that Sony had in mind was not adults.

I'm an adult.

It's fine.

Maybe you just need normal sized hands.

You could just get those controllers for fat people. known as xbox 360 controllers.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 43 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jun 22, 2013
Troll
http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=725793
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 43 (150 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1864 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

It's understandable that a Nintendo fan would argue like a ten year-old considering that ten year-olds are the only ones who even buy Nintendo products anymore. I don't think I've ever seen an adult who owns and actually uses a 3DS, a Wii or a Wii U.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 43 (144 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15926 posts

Jun 22, 2013

semajmarc87 wrote:

It understandable that a Nintendo fan would argue like a ten year-old considering that ten year-olds are the only ones who even buy Nintendo products anymore. I don't think I've ever seen an adult who owns and actually uses a 3DS, a Wii or a Wii U.

I'm an adult and I own a Wii. Granted it's mainly my daughter and her friends who play it but I've been known to play Super Mario World and Epic Mickey and other games on it too. There is nothing wrong with owning a Wii or any other platform. The only thing being done wrong is the trolling.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 43 (138 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1864 posts

Jun 22, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

It understandable that a Nintendo fan would argue like a ten year-old considering that ten year-olds are the only ones who even buy Nintendo products anymore. I don't think I've ever seen an adult who owns and actually uses a 3DS, a Wii or a Wii U.

I'm an adult and I own a Wii. Granted it's mainly my daughter and her friends who play it but I've been known to play Super Mario World and Epic Mickey and other games on it too. There is nothing wrong with owning a Wii or any other platform. The only thing being done wrong is the trolling.

Exactly.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 43 (119 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15926 posts

Jun 22, 2013

semajmarc87 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

Exactly.

You missed....I've been known to play Super Mario World and Epic Mickey and other games on it too.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 43 (103 Views)
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jun 22, 2013
As you said Grindhead Jim its a clear attempt at fanboyism, and as always very amateurish. Silly that gamers of any stripe prefer to do that over y'know, actually gaming.

But really on the original topic, I liked the PS1 once dual analogs were added, DS2 controllers I liked. Same for the DS3 with one exception. I've found the quality of their construction extremely flimsy. I never abuse or drop mine yet I'm on my second and I'm not even a frequent player.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 43 (98 Views)
Welcoming Committee
12645 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

I legitimately get cramp from the 360 pads. When I used to own one I had to buy a 3rd party pad that was shaped nothing like the original.

The Sony and Nintendo pads are designed smaller and more accessible to people with normal sized hands.

So far anyway. We'll see how this new one plays out. I'll just go on record saying that the Wii-U pad is way too big too. That is actually worse than the 360 pad.

Good thing was it was optional with most games.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 43 (80 Views)