Sackboy
489 posts

Re: The One and Only "PLAYSTATION®3 Setups" Thread

Sep 7, 2009

furlog wrote:

They might be talking about tube TV, And maybe the subwoofer is not magnatically shielded, Speakers with very strong magnets can cause data loss when placed close to computer hard drives, magnetic disks, and magnetic tape. It will distort the picture of tube tv(CRT), It will not distort the pic of LCD or PLASMA, Plus a sub does not belong on a shelf or where you have it now. Place it on the side of your tv entertainment center on the floor. I would keep it away

thanx for the info man, i really appreciate it. i guess ill place it down to the right where the empty shelf is.

are sub-woofers supposed to be in a clear spot? or can be places in some enclosed shelf like mine?

jor21
Message 2690 of 3,769 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6137 posts

Sep 7, 2009

Updated:

Message 2691 of 3,769 (68 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1126 posts

Sep 7, 2009

frenshie420 wrote:

jettamatt wrote:

My setup:

Cheers, Matt

Message Edited by jettamatt on 09-02-2009 06:44 PM

flames sucks lol go washinton blachawks

Did you just say Washington Blackhawks?

I'm a Calgary Flames fan too and Patrick Kane / Jonathan Towes are homos (especially Kane hitting a Taxi driver). 

PS3: DecoyMantis (add me!)

Message 2692 of 3,769 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
881 posts

Sep 8, 2009

CWEBB04z wrote:

REBEL21 wrote:

Still workin on the setup lol. I bought this TV couple of weeks ago

DSC07021.jpg PS3 Tv setup picture by ackad

DSC07020.jpg picture by ackad

Are you deaf?

He explained in the original post that his dad is trying to learn English as a second language.
I-Nick- Trophy Card
Message 2693 of 3,769 (68 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Sep 8, 2009

jor21 wrote:

furlog wrote:

They might be talking about tube TV, And maybe the subwoofer is not magnatically shielded, Speakers with very strong magnets can cause data loss when placed close to computer hard drives, magnetic disks, and magnetic tape. It will distort the picture of tube tv(CRT), It will not distort the pic of LCD or PLASMA, Plus a sub does not belong on a shelf or where you have it now. Place it on the side of your tv entertainment center on the floor. I would keep it away

thanx for the info man, i really appreciate it. i guess ill place it down to the right where the empty shelf is.

are sub-woofers supposed to be in a clear spot? or can be places in some enclosed shelf like mine?

Do not put it in an enclosed space. It will rattle your whole stand if it's putting out descent bass. Usually putting it in a corner of a room is a good place, but it won't hurt the TV being right next to the stand.
Message 2694 of 3,769 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Sep 8, 2009

nice table, i have the same one best ikea purchase ever

and i have a storm too

Message 2695 of 3,769 (68 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2195 posts

Sep 8, 2009

AudioFenix wrote:

jor21 wrote:

furlog wrote:

Do not put it in an enclosed space. It will rattle your whole stand if it's putting out descent bass. Usually putting it in a corner of a room is a good place, but it won't hurt the TV being right next to the stand.

a trick for correctly placing a subwoofer in a room is to put the sub on your chair/couch where you sit most often, then move around the perimeter room with the system on and playing to find the "sweet spot" where the sub sounds the best.  bingo! that is where you place the sub.  granted there are better ways with a calibration mic and what not, but this is the best, cheap way to place the sub.

PLmike wrote:

Updated:

mike, where did you get those shelve ends, and how much weight can they support?

Message Edited by inginear on 09-07-2009 08:45 PM
Message 2696 of 3,769 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
532 posts

Sep 8, 2009

Sneeches wrote:

My setup right now.

new ps3 slim, my red elite. and all hardwired to erase all nat issues.

Dang dude, you need some swiffer dusters.

Message 2697 of 3,769 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6137 posts

Sep 8, 2009

PLmike wrote:

Updated:

mike, where did you get those shelve ends, and how much weight can they support?

I got them at Ikea...as for the weight...I'm not really sure. Theyre very sturdy though. Just gotta make sure you install it properly...don't want all that stuff to fall.

Message 2698 of 3,769 (68 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1303 posts

Sep 8, 2009

isolatebody wrote:

SharpShot152 wrote:
My Setup!

Photobucket

I hope you open the glass doors when your console's are on. 

yeah thats what i was thinking dude.  u gotta take those glass doors off

Photobucket
Message 2699 of 3,769 (68 Views)
0 Likes