Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Feb 06 2011
By: glaciusx25 MVP Support 12331 posts
Online

The OFFICIAL PSP Phone

7 replies 421 views Edited Feb 6, 2011

Sony Ericsson actually went through with it????

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=137829062947556

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 8 (421 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/05/2009
Online
7615 posts
 

Re: The OFFICIAL PSP Phone

Feb 6, 2011

Yes, they did. SE created the Xperia Play.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Message 2 of 8 (421 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/28/2009
Offline
1362 posts
 

Re: The OFFICIAL PSP Phone

Feb 7, 2011

I think it's a good idea, but ONLY if they implement it right and advertise it to the right market.  Also, phones are already expensive, can you imagine how much this one with a 1 GHz processor and gaming hardware will cost?  Expect a $500-$600 price tag without a plan.

Message 3 of 8 (421 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/13/2005
Offline
5525 posts
 

Re: The OFFICIAL PSP Phone

Feb 7, 2011

Tony72495 wrote:

I think it's a good idea, but ONLY if they implement it right and advertise it to the right market.  Also, phones are already expensive, can you imagine how much this one with a 1 GHz processor and gaming hardware will cost?  Expect a $500-$600 price tag without a plan.

Photobucket

Alright, so the same as pretty much any other Android operated phone?  I believe it was the Droid Incredible that had the 1GHz processer first, and that came out a while ago.  This should be just the same as any of the other high-end phones that are coming out this year.

I find it great that this XPeria is running on Android.  GREAT platform, and should be stable.  I'm really looking forward to this.  While I'm not going to get one because I already have a phone, I think it's awesome that something like this is coming out. 

EDIT:  Oh yeah, the Super Bowl commercial for it is pretty good. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
Rest In Peace, BoW.
Message 4 of 8 (421 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/29/2008
Offline
5465 posts
 

Re: The OFFICIAL PSP Phone

Feb 7, 2011

On the surface, it doesn't sound so bad, considering other phone prices without the plans.  Would this be on the major companies though? A PSP Phone would make the Go obsolete though, but Sony Ericsson isn't exactly the greatest phone brand in the world, so I'll wait for reviews.  I like the gaming aspect of it, but if it's dropping calls like crazy, then I don't know.  Would the touch screen feature be available as well when playing games?  I figure if you're playing a game, it'll pause so you can talk on the phone.  What about applications?  Would this open up into more mini's and PSP games on phone?  Sorry about this post being directed towards you, but it's actually in general.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 8 (421 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/13/2005
Offline
5525 posts
 

Re: The OFFICIAL PSP Phone

Feb 7, 2011

killla_that_dude wrote:

On the surface, it doesn't sound so bad, considering other phone prices without the plans.  Would this be on the major companies though? A PSP Phone would make the Go obsolete though, but Sony Ericsson isn't exactly the greatest phone brand in the world, so I'll wait for reviews.  I like the gaming aspect of it, but if it's dropping calls like crazy, then I don't know.  Would the touch screen feature be available as well when playing games?  I figure if you're playing a game, it'll pause so you can talk on the phone.  What about applications?  Would this open up into more mini's and PSP games on phone?  Sorry about this post being directed towards you, but it's actually in general.

Photobucket

Well, in the past, the Ericson's been mainly on AT&T.  So it'll likely be an exclusive there.  If it's running on the Android OS, it should be compatible with most apps.  I can almost guaruntee that the touch feature will work in games.  It'll just add control options to games.  From the commercial it looks like the graphics are sub-par, worse than the PSP-1000s, but it has the redeeming quality of being a phone.  As for making the Go obsolete, I don't think this is the case.  The XPeria doesn't look to be a solely gaming device, so the Go still has a foothold.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Rest In Peace, BoW.
Message 6 of 8 (421 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/03/2011
Offline
105 posts
 

Re: The OFFICIAL PSP Phone

Feb 7, 2011

so this will be playing anything thats on the psn, including games we've already purchased and on our accounts?

Message 7 of 8 (421 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/28/2009
Offline
1362 posts
 

Re: The OFFICIAL PSP Phone

Feb 7, 2011

TheBigSalad wrote:

so this will be playing anything thats on the psn, including games we've already purchased and on our accounts?


I'm not sure.  I think it might actually have it's own line of games.

Message 8 of 8 (421 Views)
Reply
0 Likes