Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 07 2012
By: BIoodclaw First Son 10 posts

The New Playstation Store Layout (It really isn't that good...)

6 replies 948 views Edited Nov 7, 2012

It's just not good, to put bluntly.  It's not as easy to use (if at all),  it doesn't sort the games I search for correctly.  It looks bad.  It displays less games in a grid, forcing me to scroll and move around more which is a pain.  The pictures in the grids are bigger and won't load as fast as they have before.  So it's also slower.  This new PS store layout just isn't good at all compared to the old version, which was much, much better.  They need to change it back.  There is no sense to this.  It feels like I am shopping in the Xbox 360 store more than the PS store. They are using a list to choose from on the left.  Before there were pictures referencing that selection, well now there isn't.

I really dislike the new layout, I would prefer the old system to be restored, as I believe it was superior to this new layout,. Does anyone agree with me? I believe we need to do something about this, we are valued customers, they should listen to our imput, and I believe that it would be best to be given the option to revert to the original version of the PlayStation store or keep this new layout.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (948 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11046 posts

Re: The New Playstation Store Layout (It really isn't that good...)

Nov 7, 2012
Oh look. Another absolutely unique thread.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (935 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 7, 2012
I agree full-heartedly, I just poested a concise "this feels like microsoft garbage" post in another thread. I had no problem with the old store, I understand the need to 'spruce up' the UI but make it look so close to a competitors product is downright just wrong... unless they are planning a merger, then I would be sad...
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (921 Views)
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Nov 7, 2012
It definitely looks very "Metro" inspired...
PlayStation Network: PS_man1984
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (905 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 12, 2012

I would have to agree on that one. I really don't like the new layout. It felt really unnecessary to completely change the entire layout of the store. The way I've I experienced of the new layout, everything in general like loading to the store, or scrolling, and even searching for a title everything feels a lot slower. Not only that it all looks unorganized. I mean, before everything was categorized of games or movies/shows. Now It's all together like one big mess. It's very...Bleh.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (833 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1262 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

I dont' like this either, nothing's organized well...... And yes It's slower, bigger, and takes longer to go through. Where's the A-Z list of DLC's? I tried to get some DLC for FFXIII-2 after this upgraded and it took me half an hour to find the **bleep** game. Finally l realized you HAVE to go to the top and hit Search, and manually put in each **bleep** letter....... When the screen for JUST that game comes up there's links under the picture, such as all it's add ons. Then it took me another 30 minutes to figure out how to add funds to the wallet.  Before you could just go to CART in the top whether you had anythign in it or not, and add funds. Now.... you can't. You have to put things IN the cart, then you can add funds when you checkout. Although I have to admit THAT aspect is better, especially the fact it only adds what you need. No more need to add another 5 bucks when you need 30 cents or something.

All in all I like the LOOK of the new store, but the degisn completely sucks. It's all meshed together, it's too hard to find things, or just browse.....  christ the DLC menu is friggin stupid. Why have diff catagories for items/weapons/levels/characters/game apps/ combos/vehicles/stats.... I mean seriously? THOSE different sections should have been the A-Z list of games with DLC. When I'm looking at available DLC Ifor games I'm considering buying, I want to find the game in a list in 5 seconds (like before) and see ALL the DLC on ONE screen, not have to look at 10 diff **bleep** secftions..... Whoever designed this needs to be fired, it's so incompetent it's unbelievable.... All in all this is seriously annoying to use compared to the simple Store before this. The ONLY thing I like is the last couple lines I said of the first paragraph.

By the way, this design sucks so bad I actually felt compelled to post on here for the first time ever..... if that tells you something. Hope someone over there reads this.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (823 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1262 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ht2JUdoiL_c?feature=player_embedded

That pretty much says it all..... Sony........ use your brains for once please.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (815 Views)
0 Likes