Splicer
84 posts

Re: The New PSN STORE SUCKS

Nov 17, 2012

what a **bleep** mess, every time i try to purchase anything i get an error, i wonder if the companies supplying content know that their potential revenue is being denied...this is the perfect example of a completely functional interface being redesigned and OVERdesigned resulting in more user frustration, the search function is useless, search the S's for instance and you'll find any word with the letter S somewhere in it LOL what a joke.

Message 21 of 49 (707 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2993 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Just took the time to login to this account and post (something I haven't done in years) to also join the chorus on how much the new store sucks.  The new store is obviously designed to add plenty of new advertising revenue streams, as there are multiple spots for companies to purchase advertising space.  Unfortunately, the layout, UI and overall speed is just horrible.  Takes 5 times as long to find something, and the overall user experience is miserable.  More proof that Sony is NOT a software company.

- Hiya.
Message 22 of 49 (697 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Nov 17, 2012

I find it awfully interesting all you gamers haveing a  hard time figuring this store out. lol  Here this 30 something guy figured it out in like five minutes and now travels through store with a breeze. Every thing that old store had is in the new one everything. Just take a few and use it look around and OMG! you just  might find it's esier to use than you think' So man up or something grow up use your brains for ounce and learn. outside of a game. See ya on home and happy ThanksGiving.

Message 23 of 49 (682 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2993 posts

Nov 17, 2012

It's not that the new store is difficult to figure out how to use...It's that:

* The new UI is ugly and inconsistant, with radomly sized icons with no rhyme or reason (unlike the old store in which everything had a consistant size and style)

* It has 10 times the paid advertising spots on it, which is just annoying and makes finding things more cumbersome

* It's 10 times slower than the old store navigating around

* It's 10 times slower than the old store even just starting up

* Currently, it's not even usable.  'An Error Has Occured' is the brand new 'feature' of this store redesign

As I said, Sony is not a software company.  If this is any indication of the new OS style for the upcoming PS4, lots of folks will be thinking of reconsidering future Sony support.

- Hiya.
Message 24 of 49 (660 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Dec 13, 2012
I really had no problem with sony and there updates for the ps3 but this new psn store is just terrible. Like trying to search for stuff is like using an outdated navagation system, it'll only let you look up things that it thinks your trying to look up. I love ps3 but please can you go back to your old version or just try something differnet.
Message 25 of 49 (483 Views)
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 14, 2012

I rarely post in forums, but in this case, I must. I have given the store every fair chance, but SONY, you have given us a lemon. My biggest gripe, is how many pages you have to go through just to download a demo. Please bring back the previous store. (I know you won't) 

And by the way SONY, I have talked to many, MANY people. None of us like it.

You dropped the ball on this one..........and it's still falling.

Message 26 of 49 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Dec 14, 2012

i'm pulling my hair out trying to find content i'm looking for. and probably will miss a lot of things i might of considered buying, due to the easiness of browsing and seeing things i might be interested in.

so in short sony wastes millions paying idiots, to not fix any psn bugs, but instead create a layout that makes them lose customers.

I guess thats the way with idiotic corps nowadays, ie xbox live front page, googletube, etc's disgusting layouts.

Message 27 of 49 (455 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 15, 2012

I don't like it either. The organization is so AWFUL.

I want to be able to search by game title and find the DLCs for the game like I was able to before. Now I'm out of luck because the DLCs I was looking for happen to be older than 30 days. Oops?

Thanks, Sony? Smiley Tongue

Message 28 of 49 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3285 posts

Dec 15, 2012

kiapurity wrote:

I don't like it either. The organization is so AWFUL.

I want to be able to search by game title and find the DLCs for the game like I was able to before. Now I'm out of luck because the DLCs I was looking for happen to be older than 30 days. Oops?

Thanks, Sony? Smiley Tongue

Um there's this handy SEARCH feature in the top left that let's you .... you know.....  search. And when you go to a game's individual screen the add-ons are listed there.....  besides the slowness (especially loading the store itself, not to mention that ugly **bleep** welcome sound) and ugliness of it and the 5894859834594839503 ADS, the ONLY problem we really have is not being able to search by game like the old A-Z list of games under DLC in the old store. Now it's seperated by type like costumes, and dlc for one game is all over the place.

BUT, someone pointed out the other night and I'm surprised I never noticed....  YOU CAN STILL SEARCH BY GAME.  Go in the Store, go to GAMES in the first menu, then PS3 GAMES in the next (right over PS3 Add-ons), then ALL PS3 GAMES and there's your list like the old one. You can filter things in the top left and sort it A-Z or by price or by Newwest in the top right.

Message 29 of 49 (446 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 15, 2012

I like the new layout but it is entirely too slow. AAnd lags very often and even freezes up for extended periods of time.

Message 30 of 49 (435 Views)
0 Likes