Sackboy
611 posts

Re: The Logical Direction for the PlayStation Store

Apr 21, 2012

Thanks for the response!  What you say makes sense.  So taking your "Games Unlimited" concept, wouldn't it be great to have one location where you could search all available content from the "Unlimited" services?  That's all I'm saying.  No matter the name, I would like to have one consumer service for the PlayStation that allows me to browse and purchase what is already for sale in fragmented places.  Music Unlimited wouldn't work, as it's a subscription service, as is Video Unlimited in the UK (from what I hear).  But as far as buying content, the Video Unlimited UI in the US is excellent, and I think should be used as the UI for all content available for sale on PlayStation products.

Message 11 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Apr 30, 2012

I'd like to see them take it one step further and implement a subscription service for games and video. Think about it I'd pay for an overall subscription package of like $40-50 a month that let me browse download and play movies, music, and games as much as I wanted. I would love to just have an unlimited icon below my PSN store icon that could be selected that let's you access a wealth of movies, music, and games that can be played at any time (like mixing Music Unlimited, Netflix, and Onlive where you could sign up for each subscription indipendently or a master subscription for all the services at a discount). That would be awesome!  I used to (before they closed down) pay $30 a month to the blockbuster by my house for unlimited game rentals and honestly I miss that it was awesome to be able to check out all new games wether I was interested in them or not I mean I got to play everything. Honestly I love the interface of movies unlimited but was disapointed that it wasn't a subscription service I don't mind paying a large amount every month for content that I don't keep as long as the library of content is large enough.

Message 12 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
611 posts

May 4, 2012

While this is a good idea, I think it's more in line with the rumor of tiered Plus subscriptions.  Maybe a top tier Plus account could include Games Unlimited and Music Unlimited.

However,

Regarding my proposal of using the Video Unlimited preview app UI for the PlayStation Store and incorporating additional media, what are your thoughts?  Even if digital comics won't be around (I heard the PSP store won't be around come September), Sony still has a lot of media that it could incorporate into one PlayStation store with a fun way to navigate and find new content, which the Video Unlimited preview app provides.

Message 13 of 13 (23 Views)
0 Likes