Shinra Executive
34253 posts

Re: The Last of Us, the best PS3 game ever!?

Jun 5, 2013

I've pre-ordered The Last of Us, can't wait to play it either, as for reviews, i take them with a pinch of salt, although I'm pretty certain this'll be **bleep** good!

As for game of the year, lets now write off 2013 yet guys, Beyond Two Souls by Quantric Dream the makers of Heavy Rain is definitely on my radar too, another one for possible GOTY me thinks!

BRIT-KO

Message 21 of 29 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10184 posts

Jun 5, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Best PS3 game currently? Sure

Best PS3 game this year? Very likely.

Best game (of any console) this year? Also likely.

But best PS3 game ever? Questionable.

We'll see once it comes out. If it turns out to be a "play once, and then that's pretty much it because the multiplayer is just meh" (I'm looking at you Uncharted), then it won't be the best ever. Not to me at least.

Besides, the game's campaign can probably be beaten in 2-3 days.

I find the higher our expectations going in the less spectacular things will seem.

Lets just say TLOU will suck worse then a 2 dollar...  You get my point I think.

Happens to me for movies all the time, going to see Man of Steel right soon here and I expect it to be utter trash, F U superman!

Anyways to top the charts(pun intended) this game will not only have to surpass Uncharted(The first was my favorite) but huge games like MGS4, and that will be tough on soooo many levels.

But games like this reinforce the reason I first bought into playstation gaming at all, 1st class AAAA(Intentional 4th A) exclusives not available anywhere else.

Say it with me now, ``The Last of US will be the worst game this generation, bar none``

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 22 of 29 (327 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12753 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Best PS3 game currently? Sure

Best PS3 game this year? Very likely.

Best game (of any console) this year? Also likely.

But best PS3 game ever? Questionable.

We'll see once it comes out. If it turns out to be a "play once, and then that's pretty much it because the multiplayer is just meh" (I'm looking at you Uncharted), then it won't be the best ever. Not to me at least.

Besides, the game's campaign can probably be beaten in 2-3 days.

I find the higher our expectations going in the less spectacular things will seem.

Lets just say TLOU will suck worse then a 2 dollar...  You get my point I think.

Happens to me for movies all the time, going to see Man of Steel right soon here and I expect it to be utter trash, F U superman!

Anyways to top the charts(pun intended) this game will not only have to surpass Uncharted(The first was my favorite) but huge games like MGS4, and that will be tough on soooo many levels.

But games like this reinforce the reason I first bought into playstation gaming at all, 1st class AAAA(Intentional 4th A) exclusives not available anywhere else.

Say it with me now, ``The Last of US will be the worst game this generation, bar none``

You obviously didn't play MGS Rising Revengeance.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 23 of 29 (325 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29729 posts

Jun 5, 2013
I am confident that The Last of Us is the greatest PS3 game of all time because it is made by Naughty Dog. Any other developer I would skeptical. Didn't think I'd see a game better than Uncharted 2 this gen but here we are.
Message 24 of 29 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10184 posts

Jun 5, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Phillyblunz wrote:

The demo was pretty fun................ for the 75seconds or so it ran before crashing my ps3.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 25 of 29 (321 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12753 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Phillyblunz wrote:

The demo was pretty fun................ for the 75seconds or so it ran before crashing my ps3.

The game was short. Featured pretty much 0 stealth (there was no "Sneak", you just had to run by without anyone noticing. And stealth kills took like 7 seconds and by that time someone else has turned around)

It was just "Mash Square until dead".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 26 of 29 (319 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16138 posts

Jun 6, 2013

renstimpy3 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

.....I've beat the game already......

What? MGS4? Or The last Of Us?

The Last of Us.

Many people who pre-ordered online started getting their copies in the mail early. There's already walkthroughs on youtube. Even some stores breaking the street date.

I got my copy last Friday. Like literally, DAYS after Naughty Dog posted the picture of the string of commands which represented that they were making the master disc to send to the distributor.

Its a great game. I'll probably buy the collectors edition when it officially releases.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 27 of 29 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7524 posts

Jun 6, 2013

Dpavon12 wrote:
I just read the IGN review about The Last of Us and must say that i was excited about it, and now i can't explain how much i want to play this game... but do you think that this game will become the best PS3 ever?

BESTEST GAME EVVAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

But serisously now... This game is seriously hyped and is getting rave reviews across the board. Will it be the best game ever? Time will decide.  I personally think that it will most likely be one of those "must have" titles for a large portion of the PS gaming community. I am highly looking forward to it myself! Gonna go secure my pre-order today :smileyhappy:

Message 28 of 29 (294 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Oct 26, 2013

That's true man

Message 29 of 29 (80 Views)
0 Likes