Treasure Hunter
4460 posts

Re: The Last of Us, the best PS3 game ever!?

Jun 5, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

The Last of Us looks to be in good shape, however the game does not appear to be the caliber of a perfect 10. Then again, IGN has easily given 10s to a number of PlayStation 3 titles that didn't deserve that status, including everything from Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, to Grand Theft Auto IV, and even Naughty Dog's last game Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. I have a feeling that The Last of Us will not be as perfect as the critics are saying, that the game will only be good, more in vein with the 8.0 given by GameSpot.

Gamespot is bias against anything not xbox. Just go look at their history of reviewing Playstation games. Plus they gave Halo 4 a 9..like really that game did nothing new at all.

Message 11 of 29 (692 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Jun 5, 2013
definitely not , you would probably feel this way im guess you into zombies in COD , never liked it . its not my type of game, its loOkS great but it wont be the best . JMO
Message 12 of 29 (686 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11728 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Mercenary09 wrote:

GrayGargoyle wrote:

The Last of Us looks to be in good shape, however the game does not appear to be the caliber of a perfect 10. Then again, IGN has easily given 10s to a number of PlayStation 3 titles that didn't deserve that status, including everything from Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, to Grand Theft Auto IV, and even Naughty Dog's last game Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. I have a feeling that The Last of Us will not be as perfect as the critics are saying, that the game will only be good, more in vein with the 8.0 given by GameSpot.

Gamespot is bias against anything not xbox. Just go look at their history of reviewing Playstation games. Plus they gave Halo 4 a 9..like really that game did nothing new at all.

I do remember Demon's Souls earning GameSpot's 2009 Game of the Year over IGN's pick for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. GameSpot gave the game a 9 while IGN gave it a 9.4. Both sites rated Uncharted 2 equally at 9.5. This was of course before IGN, like GameSpot before them, switched over to the 20-point scale rating system and heaving more 10s and other numbers around like it didn't even matter. Though, from what I've seen recently there are games that have been receiving .1s and .7s again. Is the 100-point scale in effect?

Message 13 of 29 (678 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jun 5, 2013
Who needs reviews though when you can just play the game yourself?

And to Mercenary09 (since I don't see the "quote" option. I'm using an iPad so that may have something to do with it), a game doesn't have to do something new to be good. Uncharted didn't exactly break new ground and that franchise is amazing (same with another widely popular franchise known as ratchet and clank; there are countless other examples). Halo 4 is good not because of its "innovations" (it really has none), but because it's a game that's put together well (minus the redonkculous amount of God weapons).
"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 14 of 29 (677 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jun 5, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

.....I've beat the game already......

What? MGS4? Or The last Of Us?

PS1~PS2~PS3~PSP~PS Vita~Dreamcast.
-Killzone Mercenary Beta Tester
Free userbars
Message 15 of 29 (668 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Jun 5, 2013
If we're judging based on information available, I'd say Beyond: Two Souls will be better.
Message 16 of 29 (659 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Nah. That spot has already been taken by Demon's Souls Smiley Tongue

Seriously though, i've learned (the bad way) to be cautious about the hype train for blockbuster games. One many times i have fallen into the trap, only to be dissapointed in the long run, feeling like cheated or something. Personally i don't really see the value on these "cinematic-hollywood-action-thriller" kind of games. Not for 60 bucks that is. Haven't bought a new AAA game for almost a year because of this.

I might get the game only because it has shades of survival horror, but other than that i don't see anything that could fill my archaic tastes. I didn't care about Uncharted at all, so i don't really share the enthusiasm of my fellow PS3 owners.

But who knows. Maybe one day i'll give it a shot and i will love it.

Message 17 of 29 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013

Xuchilbara wrote:

For me it would be MGS4 that The Last of Us would have to surpass. That is MGS4, an outstanding game on its own but, that touched & delivered on emotions that have built/shaped literally throughout years of personally growing up with the series.  Since Metal Gear [NES] and still going strong. I can't wait to see that on-fire flying whale on my screen Smiley LOL

lmao at the NES games!!!
if you ever played metal gear or snakes revenge on NES you'll understand why i find it funny that people continue to lump them in with the Playstation(s) versions.
Oh and as an answer to the OP, no.

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 18 of 29 (650 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 5, 2013
Last of us could easily be best game ever...think about what you consider best game ever. It always seems to be that because its released right now that there is no way it could be the best, the same thing happens in movies and music. I will wait to play it (I have it reserved) to judge it, but from the reviews I have seen, it could be considered best game ever. Go Playstation!
Message 19 of 29 (634 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13564 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Best PS3 game currently? Sure

Best PS3 game this year? Very likely.

Best game (of any console) this year? Also likely.

But best PS3 game ever? Questionable.

We'll see once it comes out. If it turns out to be a "play once, and then that's pretty much it because the multiplayer is just meh" (I'm looking at you Uncharted), then it won't be the best ever. Not to me at least.

Besides, the game's campaign can probably be beaten in 2-3 days.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 20 of 29 (630 Views)
0 Likes