Jun 05 2013
By: Dpavon12 First Son 13 posts

The Last of Us, the best PS3 game ever!?

28 replies 2166 views Edited Jun 5, 2013
I just read the IGN review about The Last of Us and must say that i was excited about it, and now i can't explain how much i want to play this game... but do you think that this game will become the best PS3 ever?
Message 1 of 29 (2,166 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9272 posts

Re: The Last of Us, the best PS3 game ever!?

Jun 5, 2013
Its like trying to judge a movie that came out. Time will tell. But I did preorder it from the game stop..I am not doing dig downloads anymore..You cant trade ya games and if for some reason you ever got banned you stuff might be lost forever
Message 2 of 29 (2,162 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15729 posts

Jun 5, 2013

I'm really excited for the release of Last of Us, but can't imagine it will be the "best game ever".  It looks great, but there's always something better coming along.  Guaranteed.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 3 of 29 (2,151 Views)
MVP Support
18928 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Dpavon12 wrote:
I just read the IGN review about The Last of Us and must say that i was excited about it, and now i can't explain how much i want to play this game... but do you think that this game will become the best PS3 ever?

You, me and many other gamers are counting down to the time in which copies of The Last of Us will finally make it to our living-rooms.

All I can say is that The Last of Us has shown much potential to be among the top 10 best PS3 games. Will it deliver? We have yet to experience the final product ourselves but time will deliver and we will surely tell. With that said, The Last of Us being born from the Naughty Dog's womb... that's a fine pixel-gene pool. [if you know what I mean] Smiley Happy

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 4 of 29 (2,134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jun 5, 2013
I've yet to play another ps3 game with an equal or better single player experience than MGS4 & Heavy Rain. TLoF would have to be absurdly moving for me to best those other games.
"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 5 of 29 (2,128 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20408 posts

Jun 5, 2013
If the hype is to be believed, then it is shaping up to at least be in the top 10 PS3 games of all time. Personally, I'm really hoping that it does because it shows a ton of potential and I love Naughty Dog games.

We'll have to see, but I'm patiently optimistic. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 29 (2,125 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18928 posts

Jun 5, 2013

socom69 wrote:
I've yet to play another ps3 game with an equal or better single player experience than MGS4 & Heavy Rain. TLoF would have to be absurdly moving for me to best those other games.

For me it would be MGS4 that The Last of Us would have to surpass. That is MGS4, an outstanding game on its own but, that touched & delivered on emotions that have built/shaped literally throughout years of personally growing up with the series.  Since Metal Gear [NES] and still going strong. I can't wait to see that on-fire flying whale on my screen Smiley LOL

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 7 of 29 (2,115 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 5, 2013

.....I've beat the game already......

Its as good as they say, and more. its getting perfect scores from almost every reviewer.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 8 of 29 (2,104 Views)
Last Guardian
11753 posts

Jun 5, 2013

The Last of Us looks to be in good shape, however the game does not appear to be the caliber of a perfect 10. Then again, IGN has easily given 10s to a number of PlayStation 3 titles that didn't deserve that status, including everything from Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, to Grand Theft Auto IV, and even Naughty Dog's last game Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. I have a feeling that The Last of Us will not be as perfect as the critics are saying, that the game will only be good, more in vein with the 8.0 given by GameSpot.

Message 9 of 29 (2,099 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jun 5, 2013

not really, i love the uncharted series also love killzone and other PS3 games. but last of us is something else. im so excited to play it. 

i played the god of war demo. i died like 5 times and i loved it. next friday cant come soon enough. 

<script src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/youtube.xml&up_channel=PSVITAGAMES22&synd=open&w=320&h=390&title=&border=%23ffffff%7C3px%2C1px+solid+%23999999&output=js"></script>

Message 10 of 29 (2,096 Views)
0 Likes