Dec 20 2012
By: GrayGargoyle PlayStation MVP 11457 posts

The How, When and Where of determining your Plus savings.

3 replies 181 views Edited Dec 20, 2012

So I've been going over the savings I've taken away from Plus after all this time. My question is a little complicated, given the nature of the PlayStation Plus service. What I'd like to determine, or establish if you will, is a set of parameters that can root out how much I've saved exactly in one subscription plan versus another. This is where things start to get confusing for me, as my Plus renewal came long before the first plan would have run out.

Up to that point I've had less than the $50 spent, but then it brings to mind where the counting for the second term begins. Does it happen straight away when you've paid for the plan or does it happen during the annual term that was tacked on? Does anyone have their own set of guidelines for counting up the numbers to find out how much savings you've accumulated with Plus?

Message 1 of 4 (181 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
50760 posts

Re: The How, When and Where of determining your Plus savings.

Dec 20, 2012

GrayGargoyle wrote:

So I've been going over the savings I've taken away from Plus after all this time. My question is a little complicated, given the nature of the PlayStation Plus service. What I'd like to determine, or establish if you will, is a set of parameters that can root out how much I've saved exactly in one subscription plan versus another. This is where things start to get confusing for me, as my Plus renewal came long before the first plan would have run out.

Up to that point I've had less than the $50 spent, but then it brings to mind where the counting for the second term begins. Does it happen straight away when you've paid for the plan or does it happen during the annual term that was tacked on? Does anyone have their own set of guidelines for counting up the numbers to find out how much savings you've accumulated with Plus?

I just basically track what I save and add it up monthly.  My ~50 bucks for the year is ~$4.00/month for plus.  I figure I have downloaded one free game that would be at least 5 bucks every month so I've actually gotten more for my dollar than I would have without Plus.

The things like auto updates for game patches and trophy syncing automatically aren't things you put a price on but the value of these options, for me, is huge. 

Message 2 of 4 (165 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5980 posts

Dec 21, 2012
I usually save like 10$ a month with plus.

I mean in this past year I've spend 580$ on the ps store.

Without plus would be probably 700$

I get ALOT of full games when they're on sale. (Herp like when just cause 2 was 10$ for the game and all the DLC, then the next week it was free for plus)
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 3 of 4 (138 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Dec 21, 2012

This is exactly the way I always considered my PS+ costs (and in turn savings).  I started off at $3.33/month (original subscription + 3 bonus months).  At some point I got a $10 voucher for spending x (don't remember how much x was), and in turn I used that $10 voucher to re-up and get Jurassic Park for free as part of a renewal deal last year.

My subscription just renewed, but without any bonus games, extra months, or discount vouchers, so my mark is back at the $4.16/month price point, which I don't think will be that difficult to hit.  Really depends on the sales and games being offered.  As mentioned in other threads, recent offerings for me have been suspect at best, but that could change depending on what Sony does with the Vita rotation of PSN, PSP, and PSOne titles.

The real value add is the cloud saves and auto downloads.  I think music unlimited for $12 will also be a big win from a value standpoint.

Message 4 of 4 (131 Views)
0 Likes