Highlighted
Feb 20 2014
By: TGC_Sunni thatgamecompany Studio Manager 1 posts

The Flower Thank You Avatar Thread

[ Edited ]
3152 replies 55512 views Edited Apr 3, 2014

Update:

Hey everyone! The response to this thread has been, in one word, AMAZING! We loved seeing all the positivity from the gaming community =) . Just a note that today is 3/12, and therefore, it's the cutoff point for getting in on the exclusive avatar. You're welcome to keep posting, but please note that any further posts after today, 3/12 at 5:30PM PT won't be able to be eligible for the avatar. But please do keep posting =) We love to see this thread continue to grow ^__^

Howdy, folks! It’s amazing how milestones sneak up and catch us by surprise. In case you didn't know, Flowerthatgamecompany's video game version of a poem, was first released to the world on PS3 a whole 5 years ago this month!

Flower Color.jpg

A mere three months ago we enjoyed the launch of a new console generation and Flowers debut on the PS4 and PS Vita. The gaming community celebrated with Flower hitting the top of the sales charts and earning the highest reviews of the PS4. What a great time for Flower - 5 years, 3 systems, and a permanent spot at the Smithsonian American Art Museum.

Surely that’s nothing to sneeze at.

Of course, none of this would have been possible without the ongoing belief of Sony Santa Monica, the excellent work of our friends at Bluepoint Games, and, most importantly, the support from players new and old. Whether you first played the original PS3 download title, the Journey Collector’s Edition disc, or enjoy dancing and soaring along on the newer platforms, we’re so happy you’re a part of the Flower community.  

As our thank you to the Flower community, we’d like to give everyone a unique Flower avatar for making Flower a perennial favorite these past 5 years. This PSN avatar will only be given out this one time, and to everyone who responds in this thread by March 11, 2014. Simply post your response to: “Who or what would you plant a flower for?” and a special avatar will be headed your way by March 31, 2014. It will be sent to you via voucher code to your inbox on PS3, as well as the email account associated with your PSN ID. 

Flower Thank You Avatar

So, post away and together we’ll watch a thousand flowers bloom! 

For the latest news on Flower and more, please follow thatgamecompany on Twitter @thatgamecompany

Sunni Pavlovic, Studio Manager at thatgamecompany

@thatgamecompany
@sunnipav
http://thatgamecompany.com/
Message 1 of 3,153 (55,512 Views)
Naughty Paw
20485 posts

Re: The Flower Thank You Avatar Thread

Feb 25, 2014

I like this very much. Smiley Happy

I'd plant a flower for the very special woman in my life. She showed me that love can come even from the most unexpected, and darkest, places there are, but still work.

Thank you,  @renatabls . You mean a lot to me.

Congratulations for the 5 years of Flower you guys! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3,153 (55,462 Views)
MVP Support
9311 posts

Feb 25, 2014

I would plant a flower for my parents.They have always stood for me on the good and bad times for that i will always be grateful to them.

Congrats on the 5 anniversary.

KANE-FIRE

Message 3 of 3,153 (55,437 Views)
Last Guardian
10060 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2014

I'm assuming the avatar code is US only? Because I'm European.

In any case I would plant a flower simply for aesthetic pleasure. For myself.

This is unrelated, but I just recently got my hands on Jounrey CE. I was hoping for a relaxing experience but the motion controls in Flower made it quite the opposite. Smiley Sad It's beautiful graphics-wise, though, and the soundtrack is calming. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 4 of 3,153 (55,431 Views)
Last Guardian
10060 posts

Feb 25, 2014

I was initially going to say "for the glory of Satan" but would that be deemed inappropriate? Smiley Tongue

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 5 of 3,153 (55,365 Views)
Wastelander
605 posts

Feb 25, 2014
I would plant one for my mom. She has supported me all the way. I can never repay what she has done for me, from my birth till now.
Anyways Congrats on the 5th anniversary.
Message 6 of 3,153 (55,343 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Feb 25, 2014

i would plant a flower for my parents. they are the best.

Message 7 of 3,153 (55,337 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Flowers for my Friend

Feb 25, 2014

I would plant a flower for my best friend, who introduced me to Flower to begin with. She's fantastic and now a colleague of mine, and I wouldn't even know about Flower or ThatGameCompany without her.

Message 8 of 3,153 (55,331 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Feb 25, 2014

I would plant a flower for the planet earth, it seriously need more beauty and less violence.

BTW nice work guys, keep doing the fantastic/unique games =)

Message 9 of 3,153 (55,320 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Feb 25, 2014

TGC_Sunni wrote: “Who or what would you plant a flower for?” 

I would plant a flower for butterflies and hummingbirds that come around in the summer. Seeing them come around year after year is always a welcome sight and part of summer.

Message 10 of 3,153 (7,625 Views)