Fender Bender
3400 posts

Re: The Fight to Get MGS PO to work in US Continues...

Sep 11, 2012
No I pappreciate the help but, I'm telling it doesn't work. For some reason Peace Walker has been tested and does work but, Portable Ops does not. Portable Ops actually can't be installed into the PS3 either way. Even when I click it just gives me the option copy it onto a psp.

It's not that I don't know how, it's the fact that it isn't compatible right now. This is why I'm keep whining on these forums so it can eventually work and SCEA can shut me up for a little while.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Only a coward accepts Death"

"
Only a coward accepts death"
Message 11 of 41 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Sep 11, 2012

Shadyhere wrote:
No I pappreciate the help but, I'm telling it doesn't work. For some reason Peace Walker has been tested and does work but, Portable Ops does not. Portable Ops actually can't be installed into the PS3 either way. Even when I click it just gives me the option copy it onto a psp.

It's not that I don't know how, it's the fact that it isn't compatible right now. This is why I'm keep whining on these forums so it can eventually work and SCEA can shut me up for a little while.

While you're at it, can you throw in a few mentions about Metal Gear AC!D? That's what I want on the PSN.. it's not even on there at all.

Message 12 of 41 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3400 posts

Sep 11, 2012

Arliman wrote:

Shadyhere wrote:
No I appreciate the help but, I'm telling it doesn't work. For some reason Peace Walker has been tested and does work but, Portable Ops does not. Portable Ops actually can't be installed into the PS3 either way. Even when I click it just gives me the option copy it onto a psp.

While you're at it, can you throw in a few mentions about Metal Gear AC!D? That's what I want on the PSN.. it's not even on there at all.

Man just email them with the same thing. If we can get  a few people to band toghether and troll there inboxes it might a bit of a difference. Not big but, a bit. I'm the type of a guy that will try(even if it falls short).

MG AC!D

MG Portable Ops

Tony Hawk Underground 2 Remix

Spiderman 3

and a **bleep** load more but, people need to keep trolling them adn they might get a few games up. We all have request and games we loved on the PSP. Let's get sony to give in to a few of these demands.

A few years ago I tried my best to make Mortal Kombat Shoaolin Monks backwards compatible ont the 360. After months of calling,emailing both Midway and Microsoft. My attempt wen't absolutely no where. Now I know PSN is going under maintenance but, if they coincidentally put MGPO on the store I'll know I made some type off difference.

ONce again, all it takes is a few guys banding together to get one game compatible. What pisses me off is the fact that I'd pay for it again so I'm not just free loading, I'M WILLING TO PAY!

Let's see what happens.

"
Message 13 of 41 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Sep 11, 2012
"Trolling" Sony will make absolutely no difference. They are a massive company. They have no obligation to listen to a handful of whiny, PO'ed customers, who are being BARELY (if you can even call it that) inconvenienced.
Message 14 of 41 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2033 posts

Sep 11, 2012

IT made a difference with the ps1 on vita deal. They came on this formn and replied to us. I respect them more for that. Thanks sony somrtimes a little info is all thatis needed.

Message 15 of 41 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Sep 12, 2012

It's the 25th anniversary of Metal Gear. Lately there's been the MGS4 trophy patch, MGS HD collections, Peace Walker HD, MGS: Social Ops, announcement and trailer for Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes. I think there's a high chance of more past Metal Gear games hitting the PSN, hopefully the AC!D games like I want, but also making Portable Ops working for the Vita also. I mean, honestly, how hard could it be to make this happen? Not that hard. And demand for Metal Gear right now is going to be pretty high.

Message 16 of 41 (234 Views)
Gaming Beast
2033 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Just something to think about. A umd disk is burnt from a digital copy loaded on a computer (mind you a really nice computer) formated for the psp. So the digital copy is there already to put on psn. Like other psp copies it would work on the vita. All they have to do is give it to them. I am sure it is not as easy as this but it does not seem like it would rocket science either.

Message 17 of 41 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3400 posts

Sep 12, 2012

johngie wrote:
"Trolling" Sony will make absolutely no difference. They are a massive company. They have no obligation to listen to a handful of whiny, PO'ed customers, who are being BARELY (if you can even call it that) inconvenienced.

Your right, once they sucker us in for there product they no longer have to worry about keeping us happy. A stupid consumer like me who is willing to shell out more money for games on there older console to be ported over. They shouldn't have to worry about keeping maintining there consumer  into there product. That's great business.

"
Message 18 of 41 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Sep 12, 2012

fantasyplayer wrote:

Just something to think about. A umd disk is burnt from a digital copy loaded on a computer (mind you a really nice computer) formated for the psp. So the digital copy is there already to put on psn. Like other psp copies it would work on the vita. All they have to do is give it to them. I am sure it is not as easy as this but it does not seem like it would rocket science either.

The only thing is, I'm sure there's some cost associated with having Sony host the file on their servers for download, so I guess they have to justify it. Make sure that it's going to be worth it.. but there are much much worse games on the PSN.

Message 19 of 41 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2033 posts

Sep 12, 2012

And that my dear Watson is the root of the problem. A lot of the games we wont are there but 95% of the problem is probably the money exchange between the two partys.

Message 20 of 41 (208 Views)
0 Likes