Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Re: Tell me about the PS Vita

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2014

I've managed to use remote play to play my PS4 that was in Washington state from Georgia State (US). There was obviously a bit of lag on controls but it was still doable (but I wouldn't want any game that needed quick reflexes). It was fine for most of AC IV though. And you gotta remember distance between the VIta and PS4 makes a difference too... and that was across the United States so quite a bit of distance there.

And saved game resides on your PS4. All the Vita is doing is being a "dummy terminal". Everything in game is happening on your PS4, your Vita is just showing you the results and giving the PS4 the controller input.

Message 11 of 30 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Jan 29, 2014

Tigress666777 wrote:And saved game resides on your PS4. All the Vita is doing is being a "dummy terminal". Everything in game is happening on your PS4, your Vita is just showing you the results and giving the PS4 the controller input.

I see..makes sense now.  Wasn't thinking of it as a dummy terminal.

Message 12 of 30 (120 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10912 posts

Jan 29, 2014
Nothing is really saved to the Vita. As stated, the Vita is just the display and control device. All progress is saved on the PS4. Unlike the PS3, you can even access the PS4 Store, make purchases and start downloads. About the only things you can't do remotely is change users (since the Vita can only access one PSN account at a time) or adjust network settings.
Message 13 of 30 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2565 posts

Jan 29, 2014
Lol the remote play is the only reason I am going to buy one.
But you might want to wait a while before you get one because.

The ps vita slim is coming to the US soon according to iGN

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/24/ps-vita-slim-set-for-release-in-europe-and-north-america

If you already have a ps vita right now there is no need to upgrade because the specks are the same it's just 20% slimmer has 2 extra hours of battery life(mostly because of using a LCD screen instead of a OLED on the current vita, witch does sacrifice some screen quality but I would rather have the longer battery life)

It also uses a normal mini USB port instead of the sony one, so it will be easier to find a cable.
Also comes with 1GB of internal memory (still not enough lol)

Feels a little Better because it's so thin.

It has been in Japan for a while now
Message 14 of 30 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Jan 29, 2014

Pinktoe_ wrote:
Lol the remote play is the only reason I am going to buy one.
But you might want to wait a while before you get one because.

The ps vita slim is coming to the US soon according to iGN

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/24/ps-vita-slim-set-for-release-in-europe-and-north-america

If you already have a ps vita right now there is no need to upgrade because the specks are the same it's just 20% slimmer has 2 extra hours of battery life(mostly because of using a LCD screen instead of a OLED on the current vita, witch does sacrifice some screen quality but I would rather have the longer battery life)

It also uses a normal mini USB port instead of the sony one, so it will be easier to find a cable.
Also comes with 1GB of internal memory (still not enough lol)

Feels a little Better because it's so thin.

It has been in Japan for a while now

Yeah..just read about that, but honestly I'd rather have the better screen then the 1 hour of battery life.  The chances that I'd be playing it for more than 5 hours are pretty slim.  The thinner and lighter is interesting, but I'm not sure how much of a difference that will make.

Message 15 of 30 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2565 posts

Jan 29, 2014
I know I like the better screen also but longer battery and thinner sounds amusing

Just wanted to let you guys know

But I am still getting the newer one because of this lol
Message 16 of 30 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Jan 30, 2014

ThrowupdaX88 wrote:

How do you like it?  Are the games good?  I had a PSP a long time ago and never cared for it.  I'm mostly interested in this Remote Play thing.  How does that work?  It works with PS3 and PS4 or just PS4.  I tried to find some info on it but really haven't learned much about the remote play feature.  That's what I'm most interested in.

The answers to your questions have been pretty well covered, but I just wanted to chip in here.

I have a PSV and love it. I have only used the remote play twice -- both times from my brother's house. He lives 20 minutes away from me, so it was pretty freaky knowing my PS4 was on at home and I was sitting on his couch playing ACIV and Madden 25.

There was almost zero lag for me and the games looked beautiful on the OLED screen.

My brother was amazed and cracked a "what is this sorcery?!" comment.

I knew that the PSV would be a better companion to the PS4 than the PS3. I'm very happy with it. Even though I don't get to play a lot of my games on it, I do use it as an alarm clock every day. It's a free to play "game" called "The Wake-Up Club."

I can be a bit of a competitive gamer sometimes. My PSV made me a competitive waker. Smiley Tongue

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 17 of 30 (95 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jan 30, 2014
Once again Vita is not a remote player controller or team viewer please stop this **bleep** vita is a handheld gaming console that's all
If u want a teamviewr get it free via their website
PSVITA Lover!!!!
Message 18 of 30 (88 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10912 posts

Jan 30, 2014
"Once again Vita is not a remote player controller or team viewer please stop this **bleep** vita is a handheld gaming console that's all"

Actually, I've used my Vita more for the Remote Play than anything else, lately. It works well with Knack, ACIV and Tomb Raider DE.

Nothing like being able to play actual PS4 games on the go. Maybe once I'm done with the games I've mentioned, I'll get back to Gravity Rush and my other Vita games... Oh, who am I kidding? inFamous: Second Son will be out in a few weeks... Watch_Dogs shortly after that and The Order: 1886 before the end of the year. Yeah, it may be a while...
Message 19 of 30 (69 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 30, 2014

Man, I've been hoping for a remote play option since the psp came out! Now, does remote play tie up the ps4, or could someone at home still use it at the same time as you playing remotely?

Message 20 of 30 (64 Views)
0 Likes