Reply
Nov 14 2012
By: stevedann19 Sackboy 426 posts
Offline

Tech problem with my old PS3 transfer to new PS3

6 replies 101 views Edited Nov 14, 2012

My Ps3 fatboy is 6 years old. It might be dying i dont know. I turned it on 3 times i got no screen. then 4th time it came on. I was in playstation home last night i kept freezing. Do you know who transfers your old data to my new PS3 system? 









Message 1 of 7 (101 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 06/15/2007
Offline
10300 posts
 

Re: Tech problem with my old PS3 transfer to new PS3

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

stevedann19 wrote:

Do you know who transfers your old data to my new PS3 system? 


the ps3.....aka the data transfer utility

Message 2 of 7 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16939 posts
 

Re: Tech problem with my old PS3 transfer to new PS3

Nov 14, 2012

You can delete all your games and demos and DLC...... you can redownload them as they are tied to your PSN ID.

 

 

As for game saves, not all of them can be copied to a USB, some will only copy to the Plus Cloud. (which you need a subscription for, if you dont already have one)

 

 

If you purchased any MOVIES from the store, you'll need to call Sony to reset your Video License because only one PS3 is allowed to play any purchased Movies at any given time.

 

You should make note to write down your email and passwords for each user account that exists on your PS3, JUST IN CASE.

 

 

You don't need to perform the backup utility, or data transfer utility if you dont mind re-downloading everything. As doing either of them takes A LONG time. As noted by many people..... some have spent upwards of 20+ hours doing so.

 


What model PS3 do you have anyway?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 7 (91 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 12/10/2008
Offline
426 posts
 

Re: Tech problem with my old PS3 transfer to new PS3

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

You can delete all your games and demos and DLC...... you can redownload them as they are tied to your PSN ID.

 

 

As for game saves, not all of them can be copied to a USB, some will only copy to the Plus Cloud. (which you need a subscription for, if you dont already have one)

 

 

If you purchased any MOVIES from the store, you'll need to call Sony to reset your Video License because only one PS3 is allowed to play any purchased Movies at any given time.

 

You should make note to write down your email and passwords for each user account that exists on your PS3, JUST IN CASE.

 

 

You don't need to perform the backup utility, or data transfer utility if you dont mind re-downloading everything. As doing either of them takes A LONG time. As noted by many people..... some have spent upwards of 20+ hours doing so.

 


What model PS3 do you have anyway?


2008 fatboy  PlayStation 3 80GB System

http://www.makemoneyorsavemoney.com/wp-content/plugins/aaa-auto-bot/images/amazon/51WxPGIauDL.jpg









Message 4 of 7 (86 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/04/2009
Offline
6918 posts
 

Re: Tech problem with my old PS3 transfer to new PS3

Nov 14, 2012

I would recommend using the data transfer utility.  I traded in for a new PS3, so I wasn't able to use it.  But if you have both systems, you can transfer from the old one to the new one.  It also takes a lot of time, but you won't have to actively redownload/install your games like I did.

 


stevedann19 wrote:
2008 fatboy  PlayStation 3 80GB System

http://www.makemoneyorsavemoney.com/wp-content/plugins/aaa-auto-bot/images/amazon/51WxPGIauDL.jpg


2008 was 6 years ago?  Time flies...Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 7 (72 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16939 posts
 

Re: Tech problem with my old PS3 transfer to new PS3

Nov 14, 2012

It was probably an overstock item....... Even when the Slims were released, there were still many Fatties on store shelves. They were sold at deep discounts to make room, at least for those stores that don't have an overstock warehouse

Furiously Chaosing
Message 6 of 7 (67 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/04/2009
Offline
6918 posts
 

Re: Tech problem with my old PS3 transfer to new PS3

Nov 14, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

It was probably an overstock item....... Even when the Slims were released, there were still many Fatties on store shelves. They were sold at deep discounts to make room, at least for those stores that don't have an overstock warehouse


Yeah, I figure that's what OP meant.  When I bought my 40GB in 2008 there were several old models around still.  It was my first PS3 and I wasn't following the PS news closely like I do now; I missed the MGS4 bundle by a month Smiley Sad.  Would've waited if I knew it was coming.

Message 7 of 7 (65 Views)
Reply
0 Likes