Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Re: Target store canceled my PS4 pre-order ...aarrrrgg!!

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2013

@OP

Don't worry.

Best Buy is taking more pre-orders online AND in store.

Walmart is now taking pre-orders IN STORE.

So you have more options now.

And, if you don't pre-order it, don't sweat it.

It will not be impossible to find a PS4 on day 1.

If you are willing to make some calls and drive out of town (if need be), you will get a PS4 -- trust me.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 21 of 54 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1581 posts

Aug 25, 2013

peckdogg68 wrote:

Nightwish_1990 wrote:
Peckdogg. Dude stop...

Stop what?  Dude...   I am stating a fact i dont shop at target hardly at all, but if you sign up for a credit card from a store, break the ToS and call that company crap because you made a mistake and didnt pay your bill that is just crazy.  This is a forum and I am aloud to share my point of views, I didnt say he was a 5 year old I just said he sounds like one complaining about a company following thier own ToS.  Own up to your mistakes and dont throw a company under the bus unless they deserve it, such as not following thier ToS.

Forget the ToS, its a low move for target to do this to customers.  They are holding your preorder money hostage if you use their card.  Miss a payment, goodbye preorder.  Legal, yes.  Low move, Yes.  Is Target worthy of your future business, Thats for you to decide.  My opinion is that I won't shop there if Target are willing to take advantage of their customers in this manner.

doc shady signature
Message 22 of 54 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Aug 25, 2013
I don't really have much sympathy. I'm sorry you won't get your PS4, but Target isn't the one to blame. You probably wouldn't get anything different from any of the other stores selling preorders because they want to make sure they aren't being taken advantage of by those who can't or will not pay, get a console, and then put them in the red due to it (not saying you're one of those people, but it does happen more often than you'd think).

They want to make sure that they get the payment before so you won't get something only for them to have to get it back at a lower value.
Message 23 of 54 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Aug 25, 2013

docshady wrote:

peckdogg68 wrote:

Nightwish_1990 wrote:
Peckdogg. Dude stop...

Stop what?  Dude...   I am stating a fact i dont shop at target hardly at all, but if you sign up for a credit card from a store, break the ToS and call that company crap because you made a mistake and didnt pay your bill that is just crazy.  This is a forum and I am aloud to share my point of views, I didnt say he was a 5 year old I just said he sounds like one complaining about a company following thier own ToS.  Own up to your mistakes and dont throw a company under the bus unless they deserve it, such as not following thier ToS.

Forget the ToS, its a low move for target to do this to customers.  They are holding your preorder money hostage if you use their card.  Miss a payment, goodbye preorder.  Legal, yes.  Low move, Yes.  Is Target worthy of your future business, Thats for you to decide.  My opinion is that I won't shop there if Target are willing to take advantage of their customers in this manner.

How do you forget the ToS, that is everything any consumer must understand that.  If you are signing up for something you better read the ToS and understand the terms and conditions of what you are signing up for.  Every store has them and every store follows them, they have you sign the line stating you read and understand them.  If you dont read the ToS, as a consumer shame on you and that doesnt give you a right to come on to forums and trash a company.  If you shop at target with thier red card to save 5 percent you agree to pay the bill on time and if you dont it states they will cancel your preorders.  I dont have a card from target and dont plan on getting one, I dont like shopping at Target but i also dont like when people trash companies for not following the terms they agreed to with getting a store credit card.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 24 of 54 (325 Views)
Gaming Beast
1581 posts

Aug 25, 2013

peckdogg68 wrote:

docshady wrote:

peckdogg68 wrote:

Nightwish_1990 wrote:
Peckdogg. Dude stop...

How do you forget the ToS, that is everything any consumer must understand that.  If you are signing up for something you better read the ToS and understand the terms and conditions of what you are signing up for.  Every store has them and every store follows them, they have you sign the line stating you read and understand them.  If you dont read the ToS, as a consumer shame on you and that doesnt give you a right to come on to forums and trash a company.  If you shop at target with thier red card to save 5 percent you agree to pay the bill on time and if you dont it states they will cancel your preorders.  I dont have a card from target and dont plan on getting one, I dont like shopping at Target but i also dont like when people trash companies for not following the terms they agreed to with getting a store credit card.

You are missing the point.  What I am saying is that, though legal and well within the terms of the ToS, its a low move to pull on a paying customer and gives others a heads up to others as to where their business belongs...elseware.

doc shady signature
Message 25 of 54 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Aug 25, 2013

Why does thier business belong elsewhere?  Because you didnt read the ToS and make the required payment on your card.  I am sure some appreciate the heads up and did not do thier due dilligence in reading the ToS but most people should.  There is nothing wrong with this policy is what I am saying, that is what is says and they follow that.  Again thank you for letting people who didnt know, know.  Why throw in that people should not shop there that is you opinion because you broke the ToS and got you preordered cancelled.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 26 of 54 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1581 posts

Aug 25, 2013

peckdogg68 wrote:

Why does thier business belong elsewhere?  Because you didnt read the ToS and make the required payment on your card.  I am sure some appreciate the heads up and did not do thier due dilligence in reading the ToS but most people should.  There is nothing wrong with this policy is what I am saying, that is what is says and they follow that.  Again thank you for letting people who didnt know, know.  Why throw in that people should not shop there that is you opinion because you broke the ToS and got you preordered cancelled.

Peck, I'm not the OP.  Your post seems a little confusing.  Also, you still missed the point.  You seem to want to focus on the ToS and that its legit.  YES.  Its legit.  Target was totally within its right to do what they did.

But from a consumer standpoint, its bad.  This policy does nothing but protect Targets bottom line and does nothing for the customer.  As a consumer, I have every right to put my money where it deserves to be, which is why I stopped using steam for my PC game purchases, and why I chose Playstation of Xbox.

Yes, the OP signed up for the card.

Yes, the OP paid for his PS4 preorder on the card.

Yes, the OP missed a payment.

Yes, the OP lost his PS4 preorder to cover the missed payment.

Yes, it was the OP's fault.

Yes, the OP will take his business elseware.

Yes, Target likely lost a customer while competitors gain one because of this anti-consumer policy.

My point, take care of your customers and they will take care of you.

doc shady signature
Message 27 of 54 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1786 posts

Aug 25, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

The fact that you went with Walmart for your pre-order, and applied for another in-store credit card is pretty insane....

If you can already afford it, why bother with credit cards. If you can't afford it, then why bother getting anything on credit or buying things that you can't really pay for? This is one of the reasons why our economy is the way it is.... not JUST from large corporations and banks.... but from people of their own irresponsible volition.

And I bet you financed a car and a house.... Why did you buy those items you couldnt afford? you could have just saved up and bought a mobile home that was easier to afford....

This is a game forum, not a financial adivsory pannel. Go home.

Message 28 of 54 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Aug 25, 2013

docshady wrote:

peckdogg68 wrote:

Peck, I'm not the OP.  Your post seems a little confusing.  Also, you still missed the point.  You seem to want to focus on the ToS and that its legit.  YES.  Its legit.  Target was totally within its right to do what they did.

But from a consumer standpoint, its bad.  This policy does nothing but protect Targets bottom line and does nothing for the customer.  As a consumer, I have every right to put my money where it deserves to be, which is why I stopped using steam for my PC game purchases, and why I chose Playstation of Xbox.

Yes, the OP signed up for the card.

Yes, the OP paid for his PS4 preorder on the card.

Yes, the OP missed a payment.

Yes, the OP lost his PS4 preorder to cover the missed payment.

Yes, it was the OP's fault.

Yes, the OP will take his business elseware.

Yes, Target likely lost a customer while competitors gain one because of this anti-consumer policy.

My point, take care of your customers and they will take care of you.

It does plenty for the consumer, do you know about the 5 percent savings on purchases you get from the red card.  In my area there is a 6 percent sales tax, that five percent discount he got for using his red card would have save him at least 24 dollars, plus a few dollars if he purchased games.  Is there a catch to getting this 5 percent savings?  Yes a very simple one and that is to pay your bill on time until your preordered product is paid off in full.  Is there a negative to the card on preorderers?  Yes, they cancel it if you miss or make late payment prior to fully paying off your preorder.  That does not sound unfair to me, it doesnt call for a blacklist request of a company.  It tells me if I am going to use a target card for a preorder I need to make my payments on time until my product is paid off in full.  I expressed my full opinions on the subject and will no longer take part in the conversation, or at least try not to.

Message 29 of 54 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1581 posts

Aug 25, 2013

peckdogg68 wrote:

I expressed my full opinions on the subject and will no longer take part in the conversation, or at least try not to.

Fair enough.  I'm sure it felt like talking to a wall on both sides.  it did from this end.  Atleast you are not a troll.

doc shady signature
Message 30 of 54 (278 Views)