Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1646 posts

Re: Target store canceled my PS4 pre-order ...aarrrrgg!!

Aug 24, 2013
Try best buy!! Walmart i beleve is doing more pre orders tomorrow!

Yeah i hate target! Glad your done there
Message 11 of 54 (623 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
238 posts

Aug 24, 2013

I cant defend you on the Target thing, because missed payments is a little fickle topic.

However, I tried to pre-order a second PS4 at Walmart, but my credit card kept getting declined, over and over. Then after calling my bank they eventually approved. Only to realize that walmart deducted the full balance for the PS4 without any guarantee that I will get it Day 1.

I eventually cancelled and my money back. Thankfully, I got my second perorder from my local gamestop.

Message 12 of 54 (597 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1744 posts

Aug 24, 2013

Gamestop is the way to go for preorders, no credit card necessary they let you pay as much as you want per month or week until you pay the system off.  No need to be charged any interest go into debt for a gaming system or sign up for another credit card that you really dont need or cant afford. 

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 13 of 54 (594 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1016 posts

Aug 24, 2013

Seems to me like unfair punishment.

I'm assuming they used the preorder cash you used for the PS4 to make the payment you missed?  This is **bleep** poor customer service hidden in the guise of a ToS agreement.  A companies number one concern should be customer happiness and loyalty, both of which they've quashed here.

Yes, the OP needs to be more responsible for his obligations, that goes without saying, but for a company to go out of its way to hinder a customers future purchase or purchases?  

Its easy to defend a company you've had good experiences with, but your attitude will change when they turn around and pull this sort of stunt on you.

doc shady signature
Message 14 of 54 (588 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1744 posts

Aug 24, 2013

docshady wrote:

Seems to me like unfair punishment.

I'm assuming they used the preorder cash you used for the PS4 to make the payment you missed?  This is **bleep** poor customer service hidden in the guise of a ToS agreement.  A companies number one concern should be customer happiness and loyalty, both of which they've quashed here.

Yes, the OP needs to be more responsible for his obligations, that goes without saying, but for a company to go out of its way to hinder a customers future purchase or purchases?  

Its easy to defend a company you've had good experiences with, but your attitude will change when they turn around and pull this sort of stunt on you.

There was no stunt involved if your read the ToS of the card you just signed up for it says you must pay your minimum balance on time or any preorders will be cancelled.  I dont agree with the policy so I dont have a card from Target but if you have a card it is what it is and thats what it is.  If you dont like it use your regular card, you cant hold a company accountable for ToS when you agreed to and broke them.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 15 of 54 (586 Views)
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2013

I did not think about Kmart or Sears at first.  Thank you for mentioning them.

I was going to get the bundle from WalMart,  but then looked at Sears and they had the console in stock for pre-order for the $399 price. So then I went ahead and ordered from Sears rather than getting the more expensive bundle from Wal-Mart.

So I am happy about that.

About the issue of my missed Target Credit Card payment,  I admit it was my fault of making a late payment. I am very good at making all my payments.  I actually paid my entire Target card balance off, but just a few days late.    It was not like I was missing payment after payment and had a huge outstanding balance.  

It is not rare that people make late payments.  That's why they have late payment fees and interest charges.  But is that a reason to cancel  my order without warning or  not give me any chance to resolve the issue?  What if there was a very good reason other than simply being late?  What if I was sick in the hospital and could not make my payment right away?   Even if that was not really the case,  it COULD of been, and Target just basically said, "Oh, A.J. is sick and could not get online and missed a payment?  Well F- him and his PS4....CANCEL HIS ORDER!!!  That one late payment good-for-nothin'   SOB....!!"

Target,  sorry for being such a bad customer.   After frequently shopping at Target and choosing you over  Wal-Mart,  I disappointed your highness with a late payment.  I am not worthy to purchase from Target again.

Gee, where else can I shop???  

Message 16 of 54 (561 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1744 posts

Aug 24, 2013

AJPlays4 wrote:

I did not think about Kmart or Sears at first.  Thank you for mentioning them.

I was going to get the bundle from WalMart,  but then looked at Sears and they had the console in stock for pre-order for the $399 price. So then I went ahead and ordered from Sears rather than getting the more expensive bundle from WalMart.

So I am happy about that.

About the issue of my missed Target Credit Card payment,  I admit it was my fault of making a late payment. I am very good at making all my payments.  I actually paid my entire Target card balance off, but just a few days late.    It was not like I was missing payment after payment and had a huge outstanding balance.  

It is not rare that people make late payments.  That's why they have late payment fees and interest charges.  But is that a reason to cancel  my order without warning or give me any chance to resolve the issue?  What f there was a very good reason other than simply being late?  What if I was sick in the hospital and could not make my payment right away?   Even if that was not really the case,  it COULD of been, and Target just basically said, "Oh, A.J. is sick and could not get online and missed a payment?  Well F- him and his PS4....CANCEL HIS ORDER!!!  That one late payment good-for-nothin'   SOB....!!"

Target,  sorry for being such a bad customer.   After frequently shopping at Target and choosing you over  Wal-Mart,  I disappointed your highness with a late payment.  I am not worthy to purchase from Target again.

Gee, where else can I shop???

Again you sound like a ranting 5 year old, I dont agree with the terms of service on the target card so i dont own one, if i shop there (which is rare) I would use a credit card of my choice or debit card.  I realize you save 5 percent using thier card but part of it is you must abide by the terms and conditions you agreed to.  Before going online and bashing a company pull out the ToS you signed when you got the card and read what it says.  If it says they will cancel preorders if you are late on a payment then i dont see what the problem is and why you are throwing a tantrum about it.  People need to take responsibility for thier own actions and quit blaming others for our own mistakes.  Hopefully everything goes well with your new preorder and you get your product with no more issues.

Message 17 of 54 (555 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Aug 24, 2013

I sound like a ranting 5 year old?   Because I simply explained my thoughts on a company's poor customer relations which you disguise as their TOS?

Sounds like you work for Target, because why else would anyone be so against me for my rant against Target?   

Honestly, dude.  

Message 18 of 54 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1646 posts

Aug 24, 2013
Peckdogg. Dude stop...
Message 19 of 54 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1744 posts

Aug 24, 2013

Nightwish_1990 wrote:
Peckdogg. Dude stop...

Stop what?  Dude...   I am stating a fact i dont shop at target hardly at all, but if you sign up for a credit card from a store, break the ToS and call that company crap because you made a mistake and didnt pay your bill that is just crazy.  This is a forum and I am aloud to share my point of views, I didnt say he was a 5 year old I just said he sounds like one complaining about a company following thier own ToS.  Own up to your mistakes and dont throw a company under the bus unless they deserve it, such as not following thier ToS.

Message 20 of 54 (524 Views)
0 Likes