Aug 24 2013
By: AJPlays4 Lombax Warrior 180 posts

Target store canceled my PS4 pre-order ...aarrrrgg!!

53 replies 2763 views Edited Aug 24, 2013

I pre-ordered the PS4 throught Target using a Target credit card.  I accidently missed a payment on that credit card and apparently that causes any pre-orders on that card to be canceled.

So with the Target credit card all paid up, I attempted to pre-order the PS4 again only to find that the PS4 is now out of stock for pre-order at Target.

I called Target customer service up to more or less complain that they did not even attempt to contact me to resolve and credit card issues before they canceled my order and made me lose my PS4 pre-order.  

My shopping days at Target may of just ended.

It seems that now everyone does not have any PS4s available for pre-order.   I happened to find that Wal-Mart was still offering PS4 bundles for $517 which includes choice of  1 accessory ( I chose the PS4 eye camera ) and 1 game ( I chose FF15 ).

So I attempted to pre-order this bundle from Wal-Mart.  Even was approved for their Wal Mart Credit card.    Their online system would not accept any credit card I tried to use,  even their own Wal Mart card.

**bleep**!!!

So I reserved the order by selecting to pay at a Wal Mart store within 48 hours.  Let's see if that works

Buying a house and car is easier than pre-ordering this PS4.  Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 54 (2,763 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Re: Target store canceled my PS4 pre-order ...aarrrrgg!!

Aug 24, 2013

Never order from Target.com

Did you try Sears?

Did you try K-mart?

Astrocytoma can ruin my life but it can't break my spirit...Ghost minded and in the Shadows. Don't get it? yeah thats because it isn't normal.
Message 2 of 54 (2,752 Views)
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Aug 24, 2013
Buying a house and car is easier? All I did for the ps4 was click add to shopping cart, then checkout.

The house was about a week process with wire transfers and forms. Car... Maybe 3 days, including a Sunday, so really 2 days.

Sorry about your bad luck dude.

Message 3 of 54 (2,746 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Aug 24, 2013
Sorry to hear man, hopefully you get a better deal through walmart. I preordered my PS4 through Walmart with a 3 year warranty plan.
Enjoy life, enjoy gaming.
Message 4 of 54 (2,729 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5704 posts

Aug 24, 2013

Never pre order from target at ALL.. You can shop there but NEVER pre order at tagert for any material nor sign up for their lame credit card scam. Gamestop is the best but they are sold out on PS4 though. Good luck at walmart hope it works out for you broski

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 5 of 54 (2,725 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Aug 24, 2013

The fact that you went with Walmart for your pre-order, and applied for another in-store credit card is pretty insane....

If you can already afford it, why bother with credit cards. If you can't afford it, then why bother getting anything on credit or buying things that you can't really pay for? This is one of the reasons why our economy is the way it is.... not JUST from large corporations and banks.... but from people of their own irresponsible volition.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 6 of 54 (2,710 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Aug 24, 2013

It's your fault. How can you blame Target when you missed your payment? Now you learned your lesson.

And Target is wonderful.

YB

Message 7 of 54 (2,693 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3121 posts

Aug 24, 2013

bookepride wrote:

It's your fault. How can you blame Target when you missed your payment? Now you learned your lesson.

And Target is wonderful.

True.... but target should have contacted the card holder to attempt to resolve it without cancelling the order.   I had a problem with the

card i used for my pre order on my PS4, but best buy didnt cancel my pre order, they contacted me to resolve it.  Thankfully my pre

order was kept alive lol

Message 8 of 54 (2,686 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Aug 24, 2013

oooaznkid wrote:

bookepride wrote:

And Target is wonderful.

True.... but target should have contacted the card holder to attempt to resolve it without cancelling the order.   I had a problem with the

card i used for my pre order on my PS4, but best buy didnt cancel my pre order, they contacted me to resolve it.  Thankfully my pre

order was kept alive lol

There shouldn't be a "but" though. There's a lot of things in life where people don't warn you if you're about to forget to make a payment.

If someone can't take responsibility for owning a credit card they should have one in the first place.

YB

Message 9 of 54 (2,683 Views)
Fender Bender
3121 posts

Aug 24, 2013

bookepride wrote:

oooaznkid wrote:

bookepride wrote:

And Target is wonderful.

order was kept alive lol

There shouldn't be a "but" though. There's a lot of things in life where people don't warn you if you're about to forget to make a payment.

If someone can't take responsibility for owning a credit card they should have one in the first place.

Fair enough. 

Message 10 of 54 (2,677 Views)