Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Re: Target store canceled my PS4 pre-order ...aarrrrgg!!

Aug 25, 2013

Uh, maybe I'm missing a key piece of information but I'm optimistic that unless you live in the middle of nowhere with only one or two retail outlets then you should have no trouble picking up a PS4 on release day. Haven't preordered a thing in years and I've always been able to to find what I'm looking for on release day or shortly thereafter. The whole preorder process seems silly especially when different places get exclusive DLC which usually amounts to a different costume or something.

Message 31 of 54 (462 Views)
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Aug 26, 2013

I am nothing against peckdogg68 and I hope he has nothing against me.  I just felt as if he was defending Target and making me the bad guy because I missed a payment which or may not be part of Target's policy and their reason for canceling my order.

I admit,  I don't read all the fine print when simply making a purchase, because I really did not expect to miss a payment and I surely did not expect Target to have a policy in which one missed payment would make them cancel my order without any warning or chance to fix the problem.    Mutltiple missed payments, I can understand.  But one payment and I am now labled as a customer whose pre-orders must be canceled is ludicrous.

Like I said in my other post.  What if I was sick?  Is that part of Target's policy too?  Cancel a customer's order because he was ill and missed a payment?

But Target did not even check why or warn me that I missed a payment.  They just canceled my order. 

You can say this is all my fault as much as you want and yes, I do take some responsibilty.  But is it in Target's best interest to lose a customer, especially over once missed payment?  Let me remind you again.  I paid off that credit card,  so I am not some irresponsible guy that has an outstanding debt with Target.  But if that is how Target's policies want to define me as,  then I need to do my shopping elsewhere.

All right then,  I am done posting about this.

Have a good day all.

Message 32 of 54 (432 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1198 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Well hey, just be glad you're not getting an Xbox One LOL

Message 33 of 54 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2013

DannyK11 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

The fact that you went with Walmart for your pre-order, and applied for another in-store credit card is pretty insane....

If you can already afford it, why bother with credit cards. If you can't afford it, then why bother getting anything on credit or buying things that you can't really pay for? This is one of the reasons why our economy is the way it is.... not JUST from large corporations and banks.... but from people of their own irresponsible volition.

And I bet you financed a car and a house.... Why did you buy those items you couldnt afford? you could have just saved up and bought a mobile home that was easier to afford....
Thats different.... you don't finance something that you can easily save up for like a PS4 and some games. The only time I ever financed anything was my 2009 BMW 335i (paid it off in 2 years, a brand new $48k car) and my first house (which was paid off in cash just 1 year later, a $75k 2 bedroom condo which is now my income property). EVERYTIME you apply for a credit card, you take a hit against your credit score. The more you have, the worse the hit. over time it gets better.... This is why you should ONLY ever have 1 credit card and only use it for emergencies where you NEED money now. I only have 2 credit cards. One is for gas (because I do a lot of driving, I get bigger discounts) the other is for emergencies or when go on vacation.
I'd hate to see your interest rates.... what are they? 10? 14? 26%? 
But I guess, thats the difference between you and me and anyone else who is financially responsible. I pay everything in cash when I can afford it. The last thing I need in my life is having someone hang a house or a car over my head for 4+ years and 15+years (respectively) while I struggle to stay afloat. I was $80k in debt from student loans because I wanted a 2nd degree that the military couldn't pay for because I already used my G.I. Bill. I was also living in a shack struggling to start a small business, barely making ends meet.
A house and a car are completely different... they are considered ASSETS. One is appreciating, the other is a depreciating asset. On the average income and cost of living for someone in the US, no one is going to have $15k+ in their bank account ready to buy a car in cash, unless you've been saving money since you started working your first job. Some people can accomplish it, but not without waiting for a long time for it, or those who were born into money.

This is a game forum, not a financial adivsory pannel. Go home.
I am home.... Im sitting in my backyard overlooking my pool that overlooks a lake, having a late BBQ dinner with myself and a few close friends. 
But i'm so sorry that I'm looking out for my fellow human by trying not to let them needlessly and irresponsibly put themselves into debt over a toy that only costs $400 and be subjected to high intrest rates and have myriads of restrictions because I got a credit card for a store where I can't use it anywhere else except that store. I'd hate to see what your APR is going to be when you finance a house thats going to take 30 years to pay off and end up costing double or triple what the house is actually worth.
But yea, I'm speaking from experience and don't want anyone else to experience it. Sorry for trying to give you a little perspective.
Yes, this is a game forum, but this is also a forum for people to post their own opinions.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 34 of 54 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Aug 26, 2013

oooaznkid wrote:

bookepride wrote:

It's your fault. How can you blame Target when you missed your payment? Now you learned your lesson.

And Target is wonderful.

True.... but target should have contacted the card holder to attempt to resolve it without cancelling the order.   I had a problem with the

card i used for my pre order on my PS4, but best buy didnt cancel my pre order, they contacted me to resolve it.  Thankfully my pre

order was kept alive lol

No, thats his own irresponsibility with not reading the details of the contract he/she entered..... you're SUPPOSED to read the fine print before signing your life away on anything. It is YOUR OWN responsibility to make sure you understand the rules of the contract. No one is going to hold your hand. Companies don't have to give you any courtesy calls, because its not an obligation.

Target and their finance arm had every right to do what they did. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 35 of 54 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Aug 26, 2013

AJPlays4 wrote:

I pre-ordered the PS4 throught Target using a Target credit card.  I accidently missed a payment on that credit card and apparently that causes any pre-orders on that card to be canceled.

So with the Target credit card all paid up, I attempted to pre-order the PS4 again only to find that the PS4 is now out of stock for pre-order at Target.

I called Target customer service up to more or less complain that they did not even attempt to contact me to resolve and credit card issues before they canceled my order and made me lose my PS4 pre-order.  

My shopping days at Target may of just ended.

It seems that now everyone does not have any PS4s available for pre-order.   I happened to find that Wal-Mart was still offering PS4 bundles for $517 which includes choice of  1 accessory ( I chose the PS4 eye camera ) and 1 game ( I chose FF15 ).

So I attempted to pre-order this bundle from Wal-Mart.  Even was approved for their Wal Mart Credit card.    Their online system would not accept any credit card I tried to use,  even their own Wal Mart card.

**bleep**!!!

So I reserved the order by selecting to pay at a Wal Mart store within 48 hours.  Let's see if that works

Buying a house and car is easier than pre-ordering this PS4.  Smiley Mad

You're trying to pre order the console way after it was possible to do so, of course it's gonna be hard.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan.
Message 36 of 54 (408 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1398 posts

Oct 20, 2013

might happen to me too. after I preorder my PS4 at Target. I went ahead and paid off my Target card completely including the ps4 purchase and a few days ago I received a check of $412. and some change from Target saying I overpaid on my card. I login to check my order status and my Ps4 is no where to be found. wierd i contact them but they never replied. ill have to call in. sigh

The 3 C's in Life: Choices, Chances, Changes. You Need To Make a Choice To Take A Chance Or Your Life Will Never Change.
Message 37 of 54 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Oct 20, 2013
It's up to the retailers curtesy to try and resolve it with you before canceling it. Turned out the bad way.

Amazon would NEVER do this. Best customer support on this planet.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 38 of 54 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1650 posts

Oct 20, 2013
@gR3y- I'm not saying the OP wasn't irresponsible here, but what happens if there would be an issue with a CC that wouldnt be the OPs fault? In a situation like this would it not be right for a company to give a courtesy call? Not everything that goes wrong is the persons fault.
Message 39 of 54 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5702 posts

Oct 20, 2013

I don't trust anyone that says "They cancelled my pre order"  meaning they could be saying that for another console so they can scalp them for more money.. So, yeah I don't trust it

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 40 of 54 (170 Views)
0 Likes