Apr 14 2013
By: Tim81DE Wastelander 845 posts

Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition

9 replies 646 views Edited Apr 14, 2013

Tales of Xillia: Collector's Edition

I'm not sure why this stuff is never mentioned on the PS Blog. It's one of the big JRPG that is exclusive to the PS3! You'd think they'd want as many people to know.

If you're interested, the Tales of Xillia collector's edition will run you $100 in North America and €100/£86 in Europe. While various participating retailers will have the collector's edition in NA, Europeans are are only able to purchase it at the online Tales' store (limited to 10,000 copies).

(http://www.gamepodunk.com/_/industry-news/sony/tales-of-xill... )

Includes:
  • The Game
  • Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
  • 100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
  • Tales of Xillia Original soundtrack of the game
STORY

Spoiler
Tales of Xillia follows Jude Mathis, a clever medical student attending school in the capital city, and Milla Maxwell, a mysterious woman accompanied by four unseen beings. Players will be able to choose either Jude or Milla at the outset of their adventure through the world of Rieze Maxia, where humans and spirits live together in harmony. The kingdom of Rashugal has been experimenting with a powerful source that led to draining the mana from the world. Realizing the harm it is inflicting on the world, Jude and Milla set off on a journey to destroy it and restore the mana back to the world.

FEATURES

• Two Heroes - Choose one of two distinct heroes: Jude Mathis, a medical student or Milla Maxwell, a mysterious woman accompanied by the Four Great Spirits, and experience the story from their unique point of view.
  • Dynamic Battles - Action packed, real-time battles including the all-new dual raid system that expands the strategy and combo potential by linking with a partner during skirmishes.
  • Creative Collaboration - Beautiful characters designed by renowned artists Kosuke Fujishima and Mutsumi Inomata inhabit the lush, expansive world of Rieze Maxia.
  • Expansive Gameplay - New and traditional RPG elements expertly crafted and designed featuring dozens of locations to explore, fierce enemies and adversaries to battle and secrets to uncover.

***********NOW GO PREORDER ***********
My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 10 (646 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Re: Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition

Apr 14, 2013
Yes tales of silica is a masterpiece from what **bleep** reviews are saying. Finally an rpg with replay value. I will not be getting the collectors edition though. Anyone paying forty extra for a toy something is wrong with you.
Message 2 of 10 (639 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9116 posts

Apr 14, 2013

I am an RPG fan, so I will definetly be getting "Tales of Xillia". But I will not be getting the Collector's Edition. If the Collectors Edition had some DLC and a guide book, then maybe I would get the Collector's Edition. I don't care about figurines or art books or music CDs with video game music.

tumblr_miw7vsXOK81rb3ea0o2_250.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 3 of 10 (632 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11716 posts

Apr 14, 2013

While I'm sure the statuette is a nice collectible to have, I'm not much of a collector. Knowing me, I'd look at it once and then tuck it away forever. It would be nice having the soundtrack though, but I don't think that's worth spending an extra $40 bucks on.

Message 4 of 10 (619 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Apr 14, 2013
Not at all I bet some people will buy the figurine just cause its female. I will get the game once again I have heard masterpiece. I haven't heard that word thrown around in a long time
Message 5 of 10 (612 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10011 posts

Apr 14, 2013
I'd love to get the collectors edition but i'm sure when my wife finds out how much i spent on it she'll be unhappy
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 6 of 10 (608 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Apr 14, 2013
I wont be getting the CE but I'm dying to play this game.
Message 7 of 10 (602 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Apr 14, 2013

The CE could be a nice investment. If only 10, 000 are being made I would get one and keep it sealed for a few years and flip it for a few bucks on eBay.

I'm hoping my sealed The Last Story on Wii will make a few dollars down the road. Smiley Happy

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 8 of 10 (596 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3217 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Very cool. CE are not something I care for though. Kind of think they are for chumps personally but to each their own! Smiley Very Happy Will definately be picking the game up though!

Message 9 of 10 (593 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
845 posts

Apr 14, 2013

I'm a huge artbook and soundtrack guy! I feel they just add a little more value and experience to the game. It's the same reason I bought the Mecenary Edition of Ragnarok Odyssey. I even bought extra packs of those useless cards Smiley Tongue (though I wish they could be used with some AR function or atleast thrown in the game). I won't say statues aren't my thing as I love the Killzone Helghats helmet and the Uncharted 3 Drake statue, but this will hold little value as the character isn't a huge name in the Playstation line. Still, I love that they included it!

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 10 (585 Views)
0 Likes