Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
15234 posts
 

Re: Taking PS3 to a next level, CHANGING GRAPHIC CARDS

Jan 21, 2013

The_Big_Shadow wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

The_Big_Shadow wrote:

It's terribly easy to pirate, hack and mod games? Do your research please, it's terribly easy to ban people who do it and it's always IMPOSSIBLE to do it on the latest firmware, unlike PC which is the home of all hackers and modders, hell you can even take a cod game, illegally decompile it and design a whole new map and edit everything that you can possibly edit, not happening on consoles because there is way more control, and consoles are cheaper than those monster PCs that can run on Ultra 130 FPS... And I'm sure they would still be if consoles could do the same.


It may be "terrbily easy to ban people who do it"..... but my buddy hasn't been banned in the 2 years he's had his setup.... he doesn't hack/mod games.... he just pirates them, and have a library of about 250 games so far.

And no, its not "IMPOSSIBLE" to do it on the latest firmware, because there are programmers hard at work on it. BTW, he's on FW 4.1 still and can get online EASILY. 

 

See now, you're pulling things outtta your behind, because now you're going off on the deep end of the scale bringing up "monster PCs" which not everyone can afford to buy/build.

 

If you want upgradablilty.... stay with PC. Plain and simple. 


There are programmers hard at work doing what? They are just editing what is already released, hacks for the latest firmware are not gonna happen, simple as that, read this:
 Trying to keep this as short and understandable as possible. I discuss why installing a modified PUP (CFW) on a OFW of 3.60+ will not happen anytime soon, so don't get your hopes up.

In 3.56 Sony fixed the metldr exploit (hardware) by wrapping its security around bootldr (hardware)
In 3.60 Sony fixed the ECDSA Algorithm, making the variable which was supposed to be randomly generated work as intended

What does this mean?

The ability to sign files (PUP, PKG, etc...) is lost because of the change of private key (not hardcoded) and the fix of ECDSA prevents us form getting the key again.

TO CLARIFY:

The recent exploit of bootldr (lv0) (hardware, Sony's Final Defense) allow the ability to modify PUPs 3.56+ which is why we are getting 4.21, 4.25, 4.30

BUT since the private key used in the OFW has been changed and is unknown, 3.60+ IS NOT POSSIBLE (Rogero 4.21 and E3 4.30 are still using 3.55 private key which is why you need 3.55)

ECDSA WILL NOT BE CRACKED. If it is, GLOBAL security will be compromised, as many other databases, websites, etc. are using ECDSA




If you need proof or further reading, google ECDSA.
What this means is that the hackers would need a PS3 with lower fw to get their PS3s customized and pirate, and a hack for the latest fw won't be happening any time soon as other important securities like FBI computers would get compromised as they depend on the same algorithm, it would the world's fastest computer millions of years to crack a key, the reason sony got hacked before is because they did a mistake but it's now fixed, now that you understand that part you also said that your friend has taken it online, he could have taken it online but by this point he would be banned because they are banning people who have modded to 4.0+ and taken it online from there, anyways it's just a few ppl left unbanned compared to the millions of hackers for PC.

 


Trust me, its being worked on. Theres always work arounds to everything.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 62 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
15234 posts
 

Re: Taking PS3 to a next level, CHANGING GRAPHIC CARDS

Jan 21, 2013

Toe_Tag_ wrote:

Correct me if i'm wrong but was it not 4 years ago when Socom Confrontation came out they had to flash the video card and the network card.Sorry chips.

 


This is the first time I've heard of it

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 62 (106 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
15234 posts
 

Re: Taking PS3 to a next level, CHANGING GRAPHIC CARDS

Jan 21, 2013

The_Big_Shadow wrote:

Yes they would do it because consoles are made for gaming, it would allow consoles to survive longer, who would buy a new console just for a few new features and updated specs? Why not just give us ability to do this ourselves, they can, there's a possibility, PC gaming will still be different from consoles with all the modding that they can do and some PCs can't run some games, it's a mess that PC gamers have, console gamers will always be able to run the games, there is usually no need to get a new console after a few years so right now they would worry that console gamers are getting full experience, more and more people are switching to PC because it has better specs, do you think Sony is in favor of that? Sony has a competitor, Microsoft, what if they do it or what if they have better specs than sony, is that how it will always go? Honestly I wouldn't run my business in peace if I knew another business will keep getting better, they don't wanna keep it like that, again they would want to step it up, look at what happened to Microsoft, they never had Blu ray and it's one of the reasons why people buy PS3s over xbox's.... And making games for people with different types of graphic cards has always worked, why do you think major developers have made PC versions? There are many more, even millions of games for PC, making games that work on every graphic card wouldn't be a problem, many people have PC's with old graphic cards, I have a PC that can't even run the original call of duty, my console has been able to run all cods just not a maximum settings, again if the default graphics card is good and they make it so that all games can run on default graphics card then everyone's good to go...


You just don't get it.

 

Its ok.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 62 (105 Views)
First Son
Registered: 10/01/2009
Offline
24 posts
 

Re: Taking PS3 to a next level, CHANGING GRAPHIC CARDS

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

You're the one who doesn't get it, think of it like this, Microsoft releases their console with the same feature and is now competing against PC, will PS4 survive if it didn't have this feature? You're thinking of it like "Oh I wouldn't feel good if my friends could run a game that I can't run", now I already mentioned why that wouldn't happen and how it could just improve the console, if they don't do it PC specs will jump ahead again no matter what they release, and so could microsoft's console if they decide to do it...

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 62 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/01/2009
Offline
24 posts
 

Re: Taking PS3 to a next level, CHANGING GRAPHIC CARD

Jan 21, 2013

I don't think you understood, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliptic_Curve_DSA, ECDSA is worldwide security, it will not be cracked, simple as that, I'm not gonna waste my time arguing with someone who has no clue about sony's security measures, if there was a way to find that key, then the security of every computer, website, system may be compromised since a lot of systems are relying on ECDSA for their security... 

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 62 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
15234 posts
 

Re: Taking PS3 to a next level, CHANGING GRAPHIC CARD

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

The_Big_Shadow wrote:

I don't think you understood, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliptic_Curve_DSA, ECDSA is worldwide security, it will not be cracked, simple as that, I'm not gonna waste my time arguing with someone who has no clue about sony's security measures, if there was a way to find that key, then the security of every computer, website, system may be compromised since a lot of systems are relying on ECDSA for their security... 


The techonology is based on the same principles and designed by people of the same vernacular....

nothing is ever "unhackable".... if someone wants it bad enough, they'll find a way through/around it.

And it wouldn't any competition to the PC market.... because this is nothing but trouble across the board. 

 

Logistics from the manfacturing side, new warranty policies, more work for the developers, more money, dividing the overall user base etc etc.... There is nothing GOOD that can come from it.

 

And you can build a pretty decent gaming PC with about $500 and thas upgradeable.... Why would you want to sell an essentially castrated Console for $200-300 when you'd need to spend another $100 or more to upgrade he GPU to have better graphics or more RAM or a faster CPU etc etc... at that point you'd be crossing into budget PCs that can already do MORE than that.

 

PC's don't have to just be "can do everything".... some people actually build PC's strictly for gaming. Where do you think the term "PC Master Race" came from? 


If you cant understand the logic, then you shouldn't even be discussing it.


You can say "It would do things better" in so many different ways, but it still comes out the same... 

 

 

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 62 (86 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/01/2009
Offline
24 posts
 

Re: Taking PS3 to a next level, CHANGING GRAPHIC CARD

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

The_Big_Shadow wrote:

I don't think you understood, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliptic_Curve_DSA, ECDSA is worldwide security, it will not be cracked, simple as that, I'm not gonna waste my time arguing with someone who has no clue about sony's security measures, if there was a way to find that key, then the security of every computer, website, system may be compromised since a lot of systems are relying on ECDSA for their security... 


The techonology is based on the same principles and designed by people of the same vernacular....

nothing is ever "unhackable".... if someone wants it bad enough, they'll find a way through/around it.

And it wouldn't any competition to the PC market.... because this is nothing but trouble across the board. 

 

Logistics from the manfacturing side, new warranty policies, more work for the developers, more money, dividing the overall user base etc etc.... There is nothing GOOD that can come from it.

 

And you can build a pretty decent gaming PC with about $500 and thas upgradeable.... Why would you want to sell an essentially castrated Console for $200-300 when you'd need to spend another $100 or more to upgrade he GPU to have better graphics or more RAM or a faster CPU etc etc... at that point you'd be crossing into budget PCs that can already do MORE than that.

 

PC's don't have to just be "can do everything".... some people actually build PC's strictly for gaming. Where do you think the term "PC Master Race" came from? 


If you cant understand the logic, then you shouldn't even be discussing it.


You can say "It would do things better" in so many different ways, but it still comes out the same... 

 

 


I will not mention anything else regarding the ECDSA keys if you really mistrust Sony in terms of security go ahead and wait for those hacks, and yes it would compete against PC as PC is designed to do much more than gaming therefore is more expensive than consoles, and there has always been differences between consoles and PC, they are not played the same way, consoles are not as easily hackable as PC, consoles are not severily pirated either, this argument is getting ridiculous, I'm just saying things that you don't say, you have 7,521 posts in these forums you should know this,  If you use your account in a jailbroken PS3 you'll likely get banned, in PC you can do so many things because you when you can access and edit the files you don't have to go anywhere or do anything, the hack is already there, at this point you can get a decent PC with $500, but a console isn't a PC, a console is designed for gaming and just for gaming, it's not made to do all of the other thousands of tasks that PC need to do and without giving you bugs or errors, in a console you don't hear friends complaining about not being able to run games, in a console your eyes are not all up in a computer monitor, in a console you're not running across so many hacks, and my question for you is, which side are you on, the PC side or the console side? It seems like you want PCs to always have the benefit over consoles.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 62 (81 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
15234 posts
 

Re: Taking PS3 to a next level, CHANGING GRAPHIC CARD

Jan 21, 2013

The_Big_Shadow wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

The_Big_Shadow wrote:

I don't think you understood, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliptic_Curve_DSA, ECDSA is worldwide security, it will not be cracked, simple as that, I'm not gonna waste my time arguing with someone who has no clue about sony's security measures, if there was a way to find that key, then the security of every computer, website, system may be compromised since a lot of systems are relying on ECDSA for their security... 


The techonology is based on the same principles and designed by people of the same vernacular....

nothing is ever "unhackable".... if someone wants it bad enough, they'll find a way through/around it.

And it wouldn't any competition to the PC market.... because this is nothing but trouble across the board. 

 

Logistics from the manfacturing side, new warranty policies, more work for the developers, more money, dividing the overall user base etc etc.... There is nothing GOOD that can come from it.

 

And you can build a pretty decent gaming PC with about $500 and thas upgradeable.... Why would you want to sell an essentially castrated Console for $200-300 when you'd need to spend another $100 or more to upgrade he GPU to have better graphics or more RAM or a faster CPU etc etc... at that point you'd be crossing into budget PCs that can already do MORE than that.

 

PC's don't have to just be "can do everything".... some people actually build PC's strictly for gaming. Where do you think the term "PC Master Race" came from? 


If you cant understand the logic, then you shouldn't even be discussing it.


You can say "It would do things better" in so many different ways, but it still comes out the same... 

 

 


I will not mention anything else regarding the ECDSA keys if you really mistrust Sony in terms of security go ahead and wait for those hacks, and yes it would compete against PC as PC is designed to do much more than gaming therefore is more expensive than consoles, and there has always been differences between consoles and PC, they are not played the same way, consoles are not as easily hackable as PC, consoles are not severily pirated either, this argument is getting ridiculous, I'm just saying things that you don't say, you have 7,521 posts in these forums you should know this,  If you use your account in a jailbroken PS3 you'll likely get banned, in PC you can do so many things because you when you can access and edit the files you don't have to go anywhere or do anything, the hack is already there, at this point you can get a decent PC with $500, but a console isn't a PC, a console is designed for gaming and just for gaming, it's not made to do all of the other thousands of tasks that PC need to do and without giving you bugs or errors, in a console you don't hear friends complaining about not being able to run games, in a console your eyes are not all up in a computer monitor, in a console you're not running across so many hacks, and my question for you is, which side are you on, the PC side or the console side? It seems like you want PCs to always have the benefit over consoles.


It doesn't matter if I mistrust Sony or not.... that was never the point of my argument. The argument is simply, if someone wants to hack into something bad enough, they are eventually going to get through.... all they need is time. 
It took something like 3 years or so before any progress was made on hacking and modding games on the PS3..... Look where it is now. Just because a new set of keys are made, doesn't mean that they can't be found and copied.

 

Ok so if you can "do so many things with a PC" then why would anyone waste their money on a upgradable console, if the PC is going to be the better buy? I can buy a $150 GPU for my desktop PC and it will automatically have twice the resolution capability, and run any game I own a Ultra settings right off the bat.... why would I need to spend more money on an "in between" product that isn't going to do anything better than whas already coming down the pipeline?

You don't have to have a monitor to use a PC anymore... most decent PC's now come with HDMI ports to plug into HDTVs, heck, my 5 year old laptop has an HDMI output.


You are hopelessly enamored with the idea and you don't want to let go.

 

Im done here. I've said my peace. All you're doing is REACHING, trying to put any sort of spin on it but you keep repeating yourself and you don't realize it.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 62 (74 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/01/2009
Offline
24 posts
 

Re: Taking PS3 to a next level, CHANGING GRAPHIC CARD

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

Oh I'm glad you're done, yes it does matter if you mistrust Sony because your argument to mistrust them is ridiculous, you don't know how much they care about their console I can tell you don't even know their history either, and I'm just trying to make the next-gen console feel more competitive, idk what you're trying to do, always asking me why would I "waste" my money on an upgradeable console when I can buy a decent PC, and you're always putting me in a situation where I have to repeat myself because you're always contradicting everything I say,  you're telling me to go buy a PC when I've mentioned countless times why I won't get a PC, just no, I'm not gonna say it again, what if sony gave us this feature, why buy a PC with all the mods and all the other problems that they have going on? Why not just get a console which all my friends have? PC is not made for gaming, and should not have better capabilities at gaming either, PC may always have more games than console, but that would probably be the only advantage, I don't care what you say, PC is not good, you sound like you spent $3000 on gaming PC and wouldn't like to see consoles go agaisnt PCs for good.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 62 (70 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
15234 posts
 

Re: Taking PS3 to a next level, CHANGING GRAPHIC CARD

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

The_Big_Shadow wrote:

Oh I'm glad you're done, yes it does matter if you mistrust Sony because your argument to mistrust them is ridiculous

Im not making the argument based on myself.... its about the general culture of programmers/hackers.... if they want something bad enough, they're going to get through..... how else do you think so many places get DDoS'd, hacked, stolen information etc etc? Even the presumably "highest security" which is the FBI has been hacked multiple times....Why can't you get that through your thick head?

 

I'm just trying to make the next-gen console feel more competitive

Well its a good thing you're not in any position to make that kind of decision.

 

idk what you're trying to do, always asking me why would I "waste" my money on an upgradeable console when I can buy a decent PC, and you're always putting me in a situation where I have to repeat myself because you're always contradicting everything I say

You're putting yourself in that sort of position. The only reason why I contradict you is because you continue to making a giant circle without making any REAL justification.... all you're saying is "it will be better" "It will be cheaper".... it seems you LIKE the idea of saving money, but you're not willing to put forth the effort in actualling DOING the leg-work.

 

 you're telling me to go buy a PC when I've mentioned countless times why I won't get a PC, just no, I'm not gonna say it again, what if sony gave us this feature, why buy a PC with all the mods and all the other problems that they have going on?

Not once, have you ever clarified this.... and you still don't.

 

Why not just get a console which all my friends have? PC is not made for gaming, and should not have better capabilities at gaming either, PC may always have more games than console, but that would probably be the only advantage, I don't care what you say, PC is not good, you sound like you spent $3000 on gaming PC and wouldn't like to see consoles go agaisnt PCs for good.
Wrong. Just completely wrong. 

I did spend $3k on a PC.... it does everything. I sometimes make youtube videos, I use photoshop.... I use 3DSMAX to CAD design parts for fabrication on performance parts for cars. I also use it to play the 30+ games I have on Steam.... i can run every game in 4k resolution on my triple monitor display at Max settings.

Its not that I dont want to see consoles go against PC's... because we're already seeing such a debate already all over with multiplatform games out-performing the consoles.....


The issue is that you're trying to overcomplicate the industry that is already so established. The reason why consoles are so popular is because of their attractive price compared to a dedicated gaming PC someone can build for $500 and deliver similar quality of games. 

It sounds like you have never even used a PC a day in your life, and have some sort of fear about them if you say you will never own a PC.

BTW..... gaming consoles are gaming computers.... 

 

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 62 (62 Views)
Reply
0 Likes