Dec 07 2012
By: GameSmacker First Son 4 posts

TWO Vitas TWO games ONE PSN ID Online?

6 replies 382 views Edited Dec 7, 2012

Hello, is the following scenario possible?

Two seperate Vita devices running two copies of a game (for example's sake, let's say Ragnarok Odyssey) but they share a PSN ID (since one PSN ID can be on two Vita systems) .

Would those two devices be able to play online with each other, either infrastructure or ad-hoc?

As to why they share a PSN ID, they are brothers and usually play together on the PS3 and share trophies, game progress etc. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
390 posts

Re: TWO Vitas TWO games ONE PSN ID Online?

Dec 7, 2012
No I don't think they can. I can't personally test it as I only have one Vita, but it would most likely kick one or the other offline when both attempt to connect. You can't let your own account do the same thing. I believe if they were to play two different games, it would be fine, they just cant connect to the same game at the same time.

If you are on the Ps3, and the Vita, you can have both play. I've done that before.

For AD HOC, that should work fine. You don't even need to connect to the PSN to play that.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (375 Views)
PlayStation MVP
10750 posts

Dec 7, 2012
They can't. Its no different than trying to play online with two PS3s.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (342 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
122 posts

Dec 7, 2012

Yes, it's very different than how PS3's are setup.  2 PS3's can play online simultaneously.  They just need to be logged in with a sub account user.  The can be downloaded and installed by the primary account but still playable on a sub account.   I do it all the time.  This is not possible on the Vita, but yes it possible on the PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (331 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
122 posts

Dec 7, 2012

Keep complaining to Sony if you want them to change how this is setup.  I am sure many complaints will come about this holiday season as some parents plan to purchase Vita's for multiple children.  I am one who purchased 2 vitas and furious over how digital distribution is controlled.  I am not supporting physical media and Sony and developers will lose profit and Vita development could be in jeopardy.

Please complain to Sony Customer Service if you're not satisfied.  If you do not complain, nothing will change.  Customer service can't always change policy, but complaints from masses can possibly trigger evaluation if current policies need to be changed.  You voice matters.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
509 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 7, 2012

Don't listen to endustry94.

The vita's have one account per device, as sony considers it a personal device. It's similar to how Steam works on a computer or back in the day's Battle.net from blizzard. You can play offline, but online they have a key and you can't use the same key at the same time on two devices. Online play is a whole different story than offline play. This is why my kids vitas have different accounts and individually purchased games.

Edit: inflammatory comment removed

PS3 20gb with 120gb hd *** PS3 40gb *** PS3 80gb *** Ps Vita 3g *** 2x Ps Vita wifi *** 2x White PSP-Go
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (311 Views)
PlayStation MVP
122 posts

Dec 7, 2012

Really, you’re going to request to others to ignore me when I am only trying to assist by requesting that individuals submit their dissatisfaction to Sony Customer Service?

What should be ignored, the dissatisfaction of a customer or your inflammatory comments which have been removed?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (303 Views)
0 Likes