Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 17 2012
By: sabresong First Son 5 posts

TOTAL RIPOFF -- STOLE MY MONEY

24 replies 1584 views Edited Mar 17, 2012

I've had my PS3 for about 5 years. Just two weeks ago, I signed up for Playstation Plus. Three days ago, I saw an additional, unauthorized and unexplained charge for Playstation Network on my bank statemnent. THere was my PS+ purchase, my other game purchase, and an additional, unexplained charge. I contacted Sony. They said to check my transaction history. Surprise, there is NOTHING in my transaction history. Not "That charge isn't there", but there is NOTHING in my transaction history. NOTHING for the 5 years I've had my PS3. So I contacted Sony again. Their response was pretty much "Piss of, little peon Your money is gone and there's not a damned thing you can do about it." If it was a large enough amoutn, I'd be on the phone wih my lawyer instead of posting here, and I still haven't ruled that out. But Sony, after all the PR nightmares of last year, you'd think the company would want to do some good, but no, they don't care. They've got your money, and that's all that matters. I pray that Anonymous takes PSN down --- permanently.

Message 1 of 25 (1,584 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11117 posts

Re: TOTAL RIPOFF -- STOLE MY MONEY

Mar 17, 2012

It's not up to Sony to directly dispute an unauthorized credit charge on your account. You'll have to go to your bank and handle matters there, where they can renew your card. If this invalid transaction was not done by you or anyone else who has access to your PlayStation 3 or account, and it was processed solely using a PlayStation Network Card fund (versus that of a credit/debit card), then in that case it's possible someone hacked into your account.

However, it doesn't appear as if you've shared all the relevant details here, for which it's best if you talk directly to someone through Sony or your banking service for whichever case this may be. Instead of attacking Sony's representative on the phone though, try using your head and figuring out what happened within this incident. Were you gamesharing your account information with anyone you don't know all that well? Does anyone else in your household use the system? These are just some of unanswered questions you haven't yet revealed, but should keep in mind when explaining your story to someone who can help you out when clearing up the matter.

Message 2 of 25 (1,584 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Mar 17, 2012

The dingo.  Maybe the dingo ate your baby ...

I'm sorry you had an issue, but this really has nothing to do with PS+ ... I know I am not exactly being very nice today; in fact I'm being a complete JA.  I think it is unfortunate that you are attributing your problems to PSN purchases with the PS+ service.

Message 3 of 25 (1,584 Views)
VP of Gaming
29622 posts

Mar 18, 2012

I decided not to jump in on this one when the OP posted this afternoon, I just didn't know where to start, but well said jc.

P.S. Having a bad day?

Message 4 of 25 (1,584 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Mar 18, 2012

LOL - No, actually having a great day.  Or rather, it has been a great day. 

I started not to jump in, but I finally said, decided to and at least call myself out. 

Message 5 of 25 (1,584 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Apr 13, 2012

Soldier
Message 6 of 25 (1,583 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4569 posts

Apr 13, 2012

Was it necessary to necro a thread, just to say "*"?

Message 7 of 25 (1,583 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
90 posts

Apr 14, 2012

You mad bro?

Message 8 of 25 (1,583 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
258 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

Deleted

Message 9 of 25 (1,583 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 19, 2012

ELITE_CMDR_666 wrote:

i dont get it, yea hes mad and he has every right to be, tell you what if it was any of you that was having this issue you will be feeling the same way.

its a shame, little regard for the customer yet they resolve this with broken promises...i work hard for my money as many of you but this type of behavior needs to be put in check by someone...

Oh please.  GrayGargoyle already said as much.  If someone made unauthorized charges against my PSN account, it would be time to call the bank.  Actually, I use my AMEX Gold card for anything internet based.  You think those charges would make it past the dispute phase?  Nope.  Not after what happened to Sony a year or so ago - I bet pretty much any financial institution would take care of the OP ...

... however, as Brit so eloquently put, it is hard to have any sympathy when the OP didn't even bother to show back up.  And oh by the way, as I said, this has absolutely zero to do with PS+.

What is the specific behavior that needs to be put in check?  That someone hacked Sony?  It was not as if Sony said "... please hack us and **bleep** over our customer base.  Please ... we think all our customers are a bunch of **bleep** ..."

Edit: Profanity Removed

Message 10 of 25 (1,583 Views)
0 Likes