Oct 22 2012
By: day1dreamer First Son 14 posts

THE PS3 NEEDS A MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE...

[ Edited ]
10 replies 276 views Edited Oct 22, 2012

THE PS3 NEEDS A MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE!  ITS BEEN A VERY LONG TIME SINCE WEV'E SEEN AN UPDATE WITH LOTS OF NEW FEATURES!  WHY?  I'VE BEEN WRITING IN AND READING ON THE FORUMS AND PS3 BLOGSHARE FOR MANY, MANY, MANY MONTHS NOW, AND I STILL HAVE NOT SEEN ANY MAJOR UPGRADES TO THE PS3 XMB!  WHY? I HAVE BEEN REQUESTING A CONTROL PANEL FOR THE THEMES SECTION THAT WOULD ALLOW THE PS3 GAMER THE ABILITY TO HAVE GREATER CONTROL OVER THIER THEMES AND THE XMB AS WELL.

EXAMPLE:  I HAVE PURCHASED SO MANY COOL DYNAMIC THEMES WHERE I REALLY LIKE THE IMAGERY, BUT I HATE THE SOUND.  A CONTROL SLIDER FOR VOLUME GOING FROM SILENT TO MAX VOLUME WOULD BE PERFECT!  MAYBE A REPLACE SOUND SWITCH WOULD BE NICE SO WE CAN CHOOSE ANOTHER SOUND WE LIKE!

EXAMPLE 2:  I LIKE WATCHING MY FIREPLACE AND FISHTANK THEMES WHILE LISTENING TO SOME RELAXING MUSIC BUT THE XMB JUST GETS IN THE WAY TAKING AWAY FROM THE ASTHETICS OF THE THEMES.  IT WOULD BE GREAT IF A CONTROL PANEL HAD AN OPACITY SLIDER ON IT THAT WOULD ALLOW THE PS3 GAMER TO SET THE XMB TO ZERO MAKING THE XMB INVISIBLE SO WE COULD REALLY ENJOY THE THEMES WE PAY GOOD MONEY FOR.  MAYBE ADD A SWITCH THAT SETS THE VISIBILITY OF THE XMB TO ZERO UNTIL YOU TOUCH OR SHAKE THE PS3 CONTROLLER.

ALSO WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE THEME THUMBNAILS MUCH LARGER FOR THOSE OF US WHOM HAVE A SLIGHT VISION IMPAREMENT!  NOT EVERYONE HAS 20/20 VISION.  THUMBNAIL IMAGES SHOULD BE BIGGER, BOLDER, EASIER TO SEE!

WELL...  I JUST WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET A SERIOUS UPDATE TO SOME OF THE FEATURES IN OUR PS3 XMB!?  THERE ARE SO MANY MORE FEATURES THAT CAN BE ADDED THAT WOULD BE AWSOME!  WHY ARE WE NOT SEEING THEM!? 

Message 1 of 11 (276 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
16900 posts

Re: THE PS3 NEEDS A MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE...

Oct 22, 2012

All capital letters - YOU ARE YELLING AT US. 

Please stop.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear ** ** two-step verification - use it **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 11 (263 Views)
First Son
20 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Ha fireplace theme. I didn't even know they had one. Caps aside you do have a good point. Maybe the theme can be used like a screensaver.

Message 3 of 11 (259 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Oct 22, 2012

my ears

Message 4 of 11 (255 Views)
MVP Support
10137 posts

Oct 22, 2012
Message 5 of 11 (243 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Oct 22, 2012

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS.  MY EYES ARE NOT SO GOOD AND I SEE THE CAPS BETTER.  I'LL TRY TO KEEP THE YELLING DOWN NEXT TIME.  HA HA

Message 6 of 11 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5700 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but if you have difficulty reading the lettering you can make the font size bigger on your browser by entering the user preferences. Like this you do not need to write with caps. Smiley Wink

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Message 7 of 11 (222 Views)
Survivor
2613 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Too short, didn't read.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 8 of 11 (214 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18928 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

day1dreamer wrote:

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS.  MY EYES ARE NOT SO GOOD AND I SEE THE CAPS BETTER.  I'LL TRY TO KEEP THE YELLING DOWN NEXT TIME.  HA HA

Like Brrnout recommends, increasing the font size at your end [at the browser's preference level] is the right way to go.

-These affect all websites.

|Firefox

Firefox/Options/Content/Advance/[Font & Colors] Advance

Here you can change the font face and font size use for webpages. The most important setting for you is the Minimum Font Size

|Google Chrome

Menu/Settings On the search setting box type "Font"  Now click on Customize Fonts. Again, same thing Minimum Font Size

-Just this community.

|Lithium Forums [The PS Community Platform]

Alternatively, the Lithium forum OS has a font size setting.

My Settings/Preference/Display/Text Size

---

Please, no more all Caps.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 9 of 11 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12361 posts

Oct 22, 2012

day1dreamer wrote:

if you have problems with your eyes may i suggest investing in some glasses..  using all caps no matter how long the sentence is considered yelling, and is often frowned upon in any forum

>

Message 10 of 11 (170 Views)
0 Likes