Reply
First Son
Registered: 04/28/2013
Offline
10 posts
 

Re: T-Rated RPG

Apr 28, 2013

I'd like something on the PS3 though.

Message 11 of 26 (104 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13736 posts
 

Re: T-Rated RPG

Apr 28, 2013

Please don't just post a bunch of times in a row.

 

Edit your previous posts to include your thoughts. Otherwise it can be regarded as spam.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 26 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 04/28/2013
Offline
10 posts
 

Re: T-Rated RPG

Apr 28, 2013

Sorry glaciusx25. Complete noob here.

Message 13 of 26 (94 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13736 posts
 

Re: T-Rated RPG

Apr 28, 2013

As for T-rated non JRPGs, there aren't many.

 

As you know, the Western world is more acclimated with Violence and such.

 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 26 (87 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 04/28/2013
Offline
10 posts
 

Re: T-Rated RPG

Apr 28, 2013

That's the problem I had. It seems there just arn't many Western T-rated RPG's out there. Any tips on convincing parents? XD

Message 15 of 26 (77 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: T-Rated RPG

Apr 28, 2013

To be brutally honest, you need to educate your mom that a slightly more violent game like Skyrim, is better (and cheaper) than WoW, not to mention the fact that WoW is extremely addicting and can turn into an unhealthy habit very rapidly.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 16 of 26 (70 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13736 posts
 

Re: T-Rated RPG

Apr 28, 2013

Shickley wrote:

That's the problem I had. It seems there just arn't many Western T-rated RPG's out there. Any tips on convincing parents? XD


Um, there's worse stuff on TV?

 

Blood in games is so meh. Violence is meh.

 

After awhile it just becomes redundant, it's not like it has any psychological effect with someone your age.

 

Besides, the mere fact that you know and have seen the game means that all the content in it is fine anyway for you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 17 of 26 (69 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 04/28/2013
Offline
10 posts
 

Re: T-Rated RPG

Apr 28, 2013

I only tried the free demo for WoW, so no arguing power there. I will try and tell her how there is worse stuff in all the movies even she has seen. Thank you so much for all the replies!

Message 18 of 26 (63 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 10/01/2009
Offline
84 posts
 

Re: T-Rated RPG

Apr 28, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Shickley wrote:

That's the problem I had. It seems there just arn't many Western T-rated RPG's out there. Any tips on convincing parents? XD


Um, there's worse stuff on TV?

 

Blood in games is so meh. Violence is meh.

 

After awhile it just becomes redundant, it's not like it has any psychological effect with someone your age.

 

Besides, the mere fact that you know and have seen the game means that all the content in it is fine anyway for you.


While what you say is very true it doesn't change how some parents just don't want their kids to play certain games.They believe that violent games will affect their kids to become violent themselves then we will all hear how they blame violent videogames for their kids actions.

 



"Fans who ditch a game because of the exclusion of a language they don't even speak were never fans to begin with."
Message 19 of 26 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13736 posts
 

Re: T-Rated RPG

Apr 28, 2013

Altair710 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Shickley wrote:

That's the problem I had. It seems there just arn't many Western T-rated RPG's out there. Any tips on convincing parents? XD


Um, there's worse stuff on TV?

 

Blood in games is so meh. Violence is meh.

 

After awhile it just becomes redundant, it's not like it has any psychological effect with someone your age.

 

Besides, the mere fact that you know and have seen the game means that all the content in it is fine anyway for you.


While what you say is very true it doesn't change how some parents just don't want their kids to play certain games.They believe that violent games will affect their kids to become violent themselves then we will all hear how they blame violent videogames for their kids actions.

 


Which is why they should look up all the studies that prove otherwise.....

 

And if violent games made kids violent, then we'd all be screwed. There are millions of COD players, but you don't see millions of teenagers running around with assault rifles shooting up stores.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 20 of 26 (55 Views)
Reply
0 Likes