Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 25 2012
By: MRAngelous First Son 9 posts

System Problems... Please Help!!!

6 replies 190 views Edited Sep 25, 2012

Is there a way to uninstall an update so that I can reinstall it?? I don't want to lose all of the data on the system if it can be avoided, and I'm still new at this system, so I'm not sure if there's a better way.

When my PS3 was on and doing the update (it may have finished the actual update), my brother and I were moving the contents of my room so that my room could be painted. He unplugged the power to my system so that it could be moved, and at the first opportunity, I plugged it back in, and let it run its tests.

To my knowledge, it found none - I had to leave the room for a minute, and when I came back, it was already finished. I haven't used it for gaming since, just Netflix, so I don't know if anything else is affected, but I've had issues with it that weren't present before. Netflix tech support is stumped on the problem, and none of their usual fixes made any difference.

Besides the Netflix issue, it has also been losing signal connection to my TV through HDMI at random, another issue I didn't have before moving the system.

Any tips or advice would be very helpful. Thanks in advance to anyone that helps!!!

My system was bought for me around my birthday at the start of June, new as far as I know. I honestly don't know anything else about it right now, and it will be late tomorrow before I can find out anything else.

Message 1 of 7 (190 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15650 posts

Re: System Problems... Please Help!!!

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2012

go into safe mode and re-install the update.

there is no way to revert to an older firmware.....

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 2 of 7 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Sep 25, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Wrong. You can downgrade or revert(whichever you prefer) to a older version. 

Message 3 of 7 (158 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30304 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2012

bronxz32 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Wrong, you cannot go back to an older Firmware version.

Message 4 of 7 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Sep 26, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

bronxz32 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Looks like my post in  response to yours was removed(posts from some other users as well) it contained a link that seems to have been against the rules. Anyway you're both wrong. It can be done.  Don't want to get banned or have my post removed, so if you don't believe me you can do a simple Google search on the topic how to downgrade the PS3 firmware from 4.25. Search that and you'll see that I'm right.

Message 5 of 7 (82 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15650 posts

Sep 26, 2012

bronxz32 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

bronxz32 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Looks like my post in  response to yours was removed(posts from some other users as well) it contained a link that seems to have been against the rules. Anyway you're both wrong. It can be done.  Don't want to get banned or have my post removed, so if you don't believe me you can do a simple Google search on the topic how to downgrade the PS3 firmware from 4.25. Search that and you'll see that I'm right.

bronxz32 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

bronxz32 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Sure, ITS POSSIBLE..... but its beyond the scope of most people who's knowledge of computers is nothing more than pushing the power button and knowing how to use a mouse and keyboard.

Plus, its illegal going by Sony's various agreements that you agreed to when buying a game, console, accessories, installing new firmware etc etc........

It is also A VERY REAL possibility to completely brick a PS3 downgrading firmware. And why would you go through all that trouble if reinstalling the FW is as simple as entering safe mode and using the PC/USB method of updating?

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 6 of 7 (72 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 23, 2012

I reinstalled the update from safe mode, with absolutely no change. Then, out of the blue a couple of days after I did it, everything started working the way it was supposed to for about a week, maybe two, before it started doing the same things all over again.

Nothing else was changed or updated in the time in between, so there's nothing other of my system doing it on it's own to account for the change.

Then tonight I had a problem getting Netflix to load another episode, my internet went down for a little bit, and when I quit Netflix instead of rebooting my system, it froze for a moment, beeped 3 times, then rebooted itself. I couldn't see the light from where I was at, so I don't know if it flashed or changed colors or not.

Now my system boots normally, doesn't seem to have any problems, except that it will not for anything connect to the internet. There's nothing wrong with my network, the settings haven't changed, but my system refuses to connect to it. It says that it's there, but won't even pull the IP address from it.

Shy of completely restoring my system, is there really anything I can do? Out of all of my game saves, the only one that means anything to me can't be backed up on a flash drive, and I can't afford a PS Plus account any time soon so that I MIGHT be able to save it, so other solutions, or possible work arounds would be appreciated.

Message 7 of 7 (43 Views)
0 Likes