First Son
15 posts

Re: System Activations

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

That didn't help either, but atleast I have an approximent date now. And to whoever said that the only reason XBOX doesn't have this problem because they make their money through Live, Sony does the exact same thing through Playstation Plus. And I gladly pay the $60 a year. It's worth it. 

Message 11 of 23 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10011 posts

May 1, 2013

killerpwnstar wrote:

Does anybody else hate that they do this? I can only have 3 systems and one of my three is occupied by a Vita I no longer have. I WAS going to buy another Vita but not sure I will now because I have to wait an "unknown" time to deactivate. I really want a PS4 but this is ridiculous and they have atleast lost a Vita sale from me because of this. I don't have the same problem with XBOX. Come on Sony get your act together. They can't even give me a date. They just say six months is all. They could atleast go back to the 5 systems like earlier if they just have to have this dumb idea work. 

when i had an issue like this before in the past the rep at Sony just deactivated my old systems for me

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 12 of 23 (60 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

Who knows, really made me mad, said sorry I can't help you but would you like to buy an extended warranty. Of course I said no, I'm not going to help them if they won't help me. 

Message 13 of 23 (59 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

i got your back i know what you mean dont listen to thease people you cant deactivate it from calling sony or the site it has to be done on the system itself i had this problem with my old gamertag thats why i have this one now i do think its stupid they make you activate it cause theres no point its the worst thing sony has done cause if your system brake and you replace it how do they exspect you to activate if you cant deactivate the old one cause of that you cant really enjoy the stuff you replace or the new systems they make

Message 14 of 23 (56 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11164 posts

May 1, 2013

killerpwnstar wrote:

That didn't help either, but atleast I have an approximent date now. And to whoever said that the only reason XBOX doesn't have this problem because they make their money through Live, Sony does the exact same thing through Playstation Plus. And I gladly pay the $60 a year. It's worth it. 

PS Plus is completely optional.  You can still play online and stream netflix without it.

XBL is not.  At least if you want to do anything online.  Not sure how it's worth it to pay twice for things like Netflix.

Message 15 of 23 (51 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

May 1, 2013

Because LIVE is more polished, also they have NEVER had their system COMPROMISED like PSN has been. 

Message 16 of 23 (48 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11164 posts

May 1, 2013

killerpwnstar wrote:

Because LIVE is more polished, also they have NEVER had their system COMPROMISED like PSN has been. 

Ooops

Message 17 of 23 (45 Views)
First Son
15 posts

May 1, 2013

HA HA!

Message 18 of 23 (42 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

May 1, 2013

Don't get me wrong, PS3 has great hardware and some games I prefer to play on PS3 over 360, others I prefer 360 over PS3. I just don't much care for PSN.

Message 19 of 23 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

May 1, 2013

TSFRJ wrote:

killerpwnstar wrote:

Does anybody else hate that they do this? I can only have 3 systems and one of my three is occupied by a Vita I no longer have. I WAS going to buy another Vita but not sure I will now because I have to wait an "unknown" time to deactivate. I really want a PS4 but this is ridiculous and they have atleast lost a Vita sale from me because of this. I don't have the same problem with XBOX. Come on Sony get your act together. They can't even give me a date. They just say six months is all. They could atleast go back to the 5 systems like earlier if they just have to have this dumb idea work. 

Have you tried calling sony to deactivate it? every 6 months you get 1 time to deactivate systems from the website and sony themseleves at CS can do a deactivation so you have two deactivate option every 6 months

My understanding is the 6 month limit only applies if you deactivate all your currently activated devices via the website.

If you want to deactivate a single device just go to the Account settings section of Playstation.com and do it.

I am one who has had many ps3's and with the stupid new limit of 2 activations I have used the website deactivate feature a few times, once I deactivated everything, other times I just deactivate 1 device at a time, have never had an issue to date.

Good luck.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 20 of 23 (29 Views)
0 Likes