Apr 30 2013
By: killerpwnstar First Son 15 posts

System Activations

22 replies 196 views Edited Apr 30, 2013

Does anybody else hate that they do this? I can only have 3 systems and one of my three is occupied by a Vita I no longer have. I WAS going to buy another Vita but not sure I will now because I have to wait an "unknown" time to deactivate. I really want a PS4 but this is ridiculous and they have atleast lost a Vita sale from me because of this. I don't have the same problem with XBOX. Come on Sony get your act together. They can't even give me a date. They just say six months is all. They could atleast go back to the 5 systems like earlier if they just have to have this dumb idea work. 

Message 1 of 23 (196 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29408 posts

Re: System Activations

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

No, because I only have a PS3 and I have no intention of abusing the system.

As usual "COME ON SONY" and "but... Microsoft" is not a valid argument

Message 2 of 23 (192 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Apr 30, 2013

How is that "abusing" the system? That's just "fanboyism".

Message 3 of 23 (184 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11355 posts

Apr 30, 2013

I'm pretty sure you can activate/register 2 PS3s and 2 Portables (PSP/PSV) for a total of 4 activations.

Information is lacking to properly address your situation...

As for no longer having a PSV, was it 'lost' voluntarily (sold it?) or involuntarily (stolen? broken?)?  If it was voluntarily, why didn't you deactivate it before you sold it?  If it was involuntarily, was it due to this loss that you used the 'deactivate all systems' option in the first place, which is why you are currently waiting to use it again?  If that's the case, it should no longer be activated on your account.

The reason Sony doesn't allow more activations is due to the rampant game sharing that went on when the limit was 5 PS3s and (I believe) 3 PSPs.  The reason M$ can allow more is the fact that you basically need to pay $60/yr to do anything worthwhile, so they are making their money whether they sell games or not (and one of the major reasons that they are losing exclusives left and right...  just because M$ is making money, doesn't mean the developers are).

Message 4 of 23 (170 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5706 posts

May 1, 2013

killerpwnstar wrote:

Does anybody else hate that they do this? I can only have 3 systems and one of my three is occupied by a Vita I no longer have. I WAS going to buy another Vita but not sure I will now because I have to wait an "unknown" time to deactivate. I really want a PS4 but this is ridiculous and they have atleast lost a Vita sale from me because of this. I don't have the same problem with XBOX. Come on Sony get your act together. They can't even give me a date. They just say six months is all. They could atleast go back to the 5 systems like earlier if they just have to have this dumb idea work. 

Have you tried calling sony to deactivate it? every 6 months you get 1 time to deactivate systems from the website and sony themseleves at CS can do a deactivation so you have two deactivate option every 6 months

images.jpg

Message 5 of 23 (160 Views)
First Son
15 posts

May 1, 2013

I was talking to someone on chat who said she couldn't do it. I did that before I started this thread. Do the phone operators have different options? Thanks

Message 6 of 23 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

May 1, 2013
Just use the site to deactivate the systems. Do you need a link?
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 7 of 23 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

May 1, 2013
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/796/~/activate-%2F-deactivate-a-system-on...
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 8 of 23 (136 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
3187 posts

May 1, 2013
Like TSFRJ already stated, you can contact Customer Support and they can take care of it in a few minutes. All you have to do is: tell them your situation, give them the info regarding your account (they will ask for it to make sure it is really you and is correct.), and have them deactivate all of the consoles linked to your account. Afterwards, you can activate the console/s of your choosing. Again, you can only do this once every six months via the website and through CS. I had to do this before when I replaced my OG PS3, took all but 10 minutes to do.
PS Customer Support: 1-800-345-7669
Live Chat
Chat is available: Monday - Saturday 6AM - 10PM, Sunday 8AM - 8PM PST

Message 9 of 23 (135 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

May 1, 2013

@ deaofly I already tried this.....thats the first thing I did. And to the others that said to call, I'm on hold now. I'm going to give this a shot.

Message 10 of 23 (99 Views)
0 Likes