Jun 13 2013
By: Jardarpp First Son 4 posts
Accepted Solution

Switching over! Need help!

8 replies 3297 views Edited Jun 13, 2013

Hello everyone,

I recently got a ps3 last november because I wanted to experience & enjoy exclusives like uncharted and god of war. I have been gaming all my life (currently 22 years old). Although my age might not tell it, I am very well versed in video games. I actually own an NES & thoroughly enjoy my game gear!

I recently though have made my ps3 my primary system & focus. With the way microsoft is conducting business, and setting up their new xbox, I no longer want to be a part of that community & am glad to say I am going cold turkey! I do have a QUESTION though. I am familiar with bringing my xbox profile to a friends house on a usb and playing 2 player games, but how do you do this with a playstation profile? Is it the same? I'm looking around and can't seem to find any solution. Any help would be much appreciated, and any other system tips or any tips for that matter are more than welcome.

Oh, and I just subscribed to playstation plus (luckily my xbox gold is expiring in just over a month), and am downloading LBP Karting, which is a game I've always wanted to play since it was announced. Big fan of mario kart. I don't have a mic (yet), but if anyone would want to play with me, my PSN ID is.... Jardarpp

Thanks a lot everyone!

Message 1 of 9 (3,297 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Re: Switching over! Need help!

Jun 13, 2013
Funny thing My XBLG expired this June 10. Just log in to PSN from that PS3 I believe.
我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 2 of 9 (3,199 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 13, 2013

Okay that sounds easy enough. It's not that I don't trust my friends, but would that allow my friend to log into my account whenever he wanted too then? I've never played on any ps3 but my own, so I apologize if these questions seem obtuse.

Message 3 of 9 (2,975 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11716 posts

Jun 13, 2013

Sony doesn't really have this feature. I believe that according to their ToS, your account is supposed to only be on consoles that you own.

Regardless, you'll need to create a new User, and sign in with your information. When you're finsihed, just delete the User.

However, none of your save game info will be saved, so...it's kind of pointless.

Message 4 of 9 (2,852 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29667 posts

Jun 13, 2013

Jardarpp wrote:

Okay that sounds easy enough. It's not that I don't trust my friends, but would that allow my friend to log into my account whenever he wanted too then? I've never played on any ps3 but my own, so I apologize if these questions seem obtuse.

Don't have the console save your PSN account password and he won't be able to log in (assuming you don't give him your password)

Message 5 of 9 (2,797 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5166 posts

Jun 13, 2013

johngie wrote:

Sony doesn't really have this feature. I believe that according to their ToS, your account is supposed to only be on consoles that you own.

Regardless, you'll need to create a new User, and sign in with your information. When you're finsihed, just delete the User.

However, none of your save game info will be saved, so...it's kind of pointless.

Not if you are a Playstation Plus user. I can go to anyone's PS3, log on with my name and access my files. You can also do the usb stick deal by copying your saves over to it and place the stick inside your friends PS3.

Message 6 of 9 (2,463 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jun 13, 2013
Hey thanks a lot da1writer! I'll have to try this out tomorrow, since I'm heading to my buddy's place. I am PS+, so that's fantastic. I can't believe how many games PS+ members get each month. I've been missing out!
Message 7 of 9 (2,171 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5166 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

For those who think otherwise, you might want to read this.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2293/~/online-storage

Playstation Plus does has it's perks despite what some believe.

@Jardarpp : You will have to follow the steps in the link I provided above to do the cloud saves feature (upload) to gain access to your saves from another console (downloading).

Message 8 of 9 (1,971 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Jun 13, 2013

You can log into any PS3 you want at any time and access your friends list/play online.

However, to download games to another console you take up 1 of your 2 platform spaces. 

Each user gets 2 of each console to activate their games on. (2 for PS3, 2 for PSP, 2 for VITA).

Message 9 of 9 (1,849 Views)