Jun 18 2013
By: ShivanLala First Son 1 posts

Switching PSN Accounts on the same PS3 Account

[ Edited ]
5 replies 97 views Edited Jun 18, 2013

Hi, I have a question.

I want to switch PSN accounts on my PS3 (the one I use currently was created when I was pretty young and I've forgotted what the password and DOB I had put in for the information, and I want to have an updated account with my new e-mail and everything), and I was wondering if I would be able to keep all my saved data from the first PSN account. 

I can't try to log into the email I used for the first account, because as stated before, I was very young when I created it and don't remember any of the information I put. 

Now, this is on the same PS3 User account as well, and I'm wondering if that will change anything

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Re: Switching PSN Accounts on the same PS3 Account

Jun 18, 2013

Depends on the game, for all games trophies will be deactivated. If you log in and then log out of your PSN account on a ps3 it will show you how many digits your password is. Maybe that will jog your memory?

Message 2 of 6 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

You can't switch PSN accounts on a User. To use a new PSN accout, you need to create a new User. Save data is tied to each individual User. Although you can copy save games between Users, it's not something I've done before, so I have no idea what it'll effect.

Edit: The Playstation Support site advises those without access to their information to either call, or join a livechat.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

Message 3 of 6 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

Godz-Warrior101x wrote:

Depends on the game, for all games trophies will be deactivated. If you log in and then log out of your PSN account on a ps3 it will show you how many digits your password is. Maybe that will jog your memory?

I don't mean to sound rude, but are you even reading the posts you're replying to? This individual clearly stated he can't login because he knows neither his PASSWORD nor his DOB.

embarrassed.jpg

Message 4 of 6 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

He is logged into that account right now......... Did you read his post?

The way I took it was he could log in to it (he is logged into it on here) but he can not remember the password or DOB to make any changes. If not how could he be logged in on here?

Message 5 of 6 (76 Views)
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

Godz-Warrior101x wrote:

He is logged into that account right now......... Did you read his post?

You're absolutely right. I missed a few words perusing his post. My apologies, please carry on.

Edit: But at the same time, I still wouldn't advise he sign out without contacting Sony support. Without his password and DOB, he'll be officially SOL if he signs out.

Edit 2:

Godz-Warrior101x wrote:

The way I took it was he could log in to it (he is logged into it on here) but he can not remember the password or DOB to make any changes. If not how could he be logged in on here?

I just assumed he was using his new account, or a throwaway one.

Message 6 of 6 (69 Views)
0 Likes