Survivor
2536 posts

Re: I agree, games built for the handheld over ports.

Jan 26, 2013
Not paying to secure exclusives is a failure on Sony's part, that's the reason the PSV is doing so terrible. It's their fault for not giving third party companies the incentive to work with their hardware. Some companies can afford that luxury of having devs come to them, but those are the ones who sell millions of units and who, more than likely, paid for exclusives at the beginning so that they could sell said millions of units~.
Message 11 of 29 (138 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Re: Support the vita or boycott

Jan 26, 2013
Sony already does front cash for exclusives. They are called first party games. They pay the developers and get games in return.
PSNProfiles.com - InfinityDevil
Message 12 of 29 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Jan 26, 2013
So does Nintendo, and in addition to having a vast amount of first party exclusives for the 3DS they also got MH as an exclusive. Your point~?
Message 13 of 29 (132 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Jan 26, 2013
Nintendo was massively profitable with the Wii. Sony has had a much tougher time being profitable with its platforms.

That said there is no guarantee that Nintendo actually paid them anything. The developer could have looked at the Wii and said hey even if Nintendo sells a third as many units for the first year it will be selling well.

I would bet that exclusivity on any platform will get some free publicity one way or another be it a big title or small. That just makes sense.
PSNProfiles.com - InfinityDevil
Message 14 of 29 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Jan 26, 2013
Except MH3 went to the 3DS, not the Wii, and it went to a handheld that was selling poorly at that time. Sony may not be making profit, but if they don't get exclusives they'll make even less profits and so far the offerings from first party have been quite limited~.

In a year we've only seen a grand total of...what? 6 games? Of which only three stand out: Gravity Rush, Uncharted: GA and LBP. The rest were OK~.

So, again: not paying to secure exclusives is a failure in Sony's part~.
Message 15 of 29 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jan 26, 2013

these things take time dude, 3DS is an appalling system and they are all Dodgy and poorly ported games. the vita is less than 14 months old and Sony are scrupulous with each game release, if Sony dont Iike it its not released, and if Sony want Sony gets. I seriously dont think discussing a boycott is justified. 

oo

one word 

"Ebay"

Message 16 of 29 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jan 26, 2013

vita 1

3ds 2

3ds 3 (looks  familiar) right? 

rrvita1.jpegridge-racer-3ds-screenshots.jpegiX2f83NHFD26uigbjRlQ2IRrKZxxE3t1.jpeg

Message 17 of 29 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
366 posts

Jan 26, 2013
Last time I own a Nintendo product was 2005. But its kinda sad DS got pretty much of attention.
Message 18 of 29 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
11 posts

Jan 27, 2013
good to c that im not the only one that feels this way... im not talking about just capcom and its not just about resident evil... we should have been pisted about monster hunter.. i love my vita and will get just about every ok game for it... but i dont like how capcom gives us the crap and save to good shyt for nintendo... honestly most of the games on the vita worth mentioning game from sony.. .. to all devs... support the vita or boycott... but there nothing wrong with used games
Message 19 of 29 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
834 posts

Jan 27, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:
Not paying to secure exclusives is a failure on Sony's part, that's the reason the PSV is doing so terrible. It's their fault for not giving third party companies the incentive to work with their hardware. Some companies can afford that luxury of having devs come to them, but those are the ones who sell millions of units and who, more than likely, paid for exclusives at the beginning so that they could sell said millions of units~.

Uh... You're acting as if this is a brand new title, which it isn't. Here's the real picture:

You're saying a company as large as Capcom can't afford to PORT their title to Vita but they can afford to PORT it to PS3, 360, & WiiU?

According to the description of the engine they use to produce games it can't be that costly to PORT.

Capcom's MT Framework

"Originally meant to be an outside engine, but none matched their specific requirements in performance and flexibility. Games using the MT Framework are originally developed on the PC and then ported to the other two platforms. Keiji Inafune mentioned in an interview with 1UP that the lead programmer for MT Framework designed the engine specifically for Dead Rising, Lost Planet, and Mega Man Legends 3, which Inafune has been hoping to make for several years.[1] MT Framework 2.0, which was first introduced with Lost Planet 2, provides better visuals over its predecessor.[2]"

MT Framework applies to more than just two consoles now, adding 3DS, Wii, & PS Vita to supported systems. WiiU seems next up to use the engine. The fact is Capcom already created this game for 3DS. The base is already there meaning those costs have already passed. They even managed to regain some of those costs already with their 3DS "exclusivity", the same paid exclusivity that you're refering to that didn't even net a million sales for 3DS. Same tactic you're talking about, isn't it?

Sales figures for Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS

Capcom could easily port Resident Evil Revelations over to PS Vita at the same time they're porting it to PS3, 360, & WiiU to pad the sales of the title even further at a relatively low cost. However Capcom would rather give half assed excuses that don't even have legs to stand on as to why they aren't releasing on PS Vita.

"3DS and PS-vita infrastructure let alone developing games for them are extremely different beasts. Even just the screens as you mention are completely different resolutions/functions. Take a look at the top comment for my full Vita response." - TV screens don't have the same resolutions or functions either. Funny thing. Must be harder and more costly to go from 480 to 544 compared to going from 480 to 720 assuming any of the versions are actually running at 720. Must be harder and more costly to take that stereo sound from 3DS and add it to PS Vita instead of taking that stereo sound and upgrading it to even 5.1. It must be harder and more costly to take those single touch functions from 3DS and add them to a multi touch device that's capable of those same single touch functions compared to removing those touch functions so remapping can happen for at least two out of the three consoles. It must be harder for them to tell their PCs to port to PS Vita compared to them telling their PCs to port to PS3, 360, & WiiU.

"Hey Stargazr, when we were developing Revelations for new platforms we really wanted to hone in on the experience you get with a large format screen, surround sound, etc. This type of setup really helps players get sucked into the horror vibe and enjoy the game to its fullest extent." - Yet  when they designed it in the first place that experience wasn't on a large format screen with surround sound. I suppose too that's why they're removing 3D. Wouldn't want 360 & PS3 owners who can actually use 3D to enjoy the game to the actual fullest extent unlike WiiU owners who can't use 3D. So we should pull features now that work on two consoles but not one.

Message 20 of 29 (72 Views)
0 Likes