Wastelander
775 posts

Re: Support for apps on the PS4

Jul 11, 2013
Since the orbis os is a modified version of freebsd I hope for a full web browser and a whole line of apps
Message 11 of 13 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Jul 11, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

that-acmilan-guy wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

that-acmilan-guy wrote:

Once of the things I envied about the Xbox 360 was the sheer number of apps available on the system, some of them I really need like Gametrailers app, GameSpot app, etc. With the PS4, will we get more apps?

You really need an APP to access websites, that are easily accessed on PS3 already WITHOUT the need for an app?

I thought the X360 had internet explorer and Bing? 

I hope you aren't serious, you can't access any websites using the horrible ps3 browser. Tried going to gametrailers and gamespot and it would lag like hell if not freeze and defintely can't render modern website properly.

I just went to gametrailers.com on my PS3, no issues whatsoever. Than again, I almost never use the PS3's browser, because I use a PC to get my online content.

Can you play videos at gametrailers.com? You can't as it doesn't support the ancient flash embedded in the PS3. Not to mention it is extremely sluggish.

Consoles with gamepads needs proper apps for services like  this, a web page won't be suffiece.

Message 12 of 13 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
16309 posts

Jul 12, 2013

that-acmilan-guy wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

that-acmilan-guy wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

that-acmilan-guy wrote:

Once of the things I envied about the Xbox 360 was the sheer number of apps available on the system, some of them I really need like Gametrailers app, GameSpot app, etc. With the PS4, will we get more apps?

You really need an APP to access websites, that are easily accessed on PS3 already WITHOUT the need for an app?

I thought the X360 had internet explorer and Bing? 

I hope you aren't serious, you can't access any websites using the horrible ps3 browser. Tried going to gametrailers and gamespot and it would lag like hell if not freeze and defintely can't render modern website properly.

I just went to gametrailers.com on my PS3, no issues whatsoever. Than again, I almost never use the PS3's browser, because I use a PC to get my online content.

Can you play videos at gametrailers.com? You can't as it doesn't support the ancient flash embedded in the PS3. Not to mention it is extremely sluggish.

Consoles with gamepads needs proper apps for services like  this, a web page won't be suffiece.

No, havent tried videos, but simply browing around wasn't sluggish to me.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 13 of 13 (47 Views)
0 Likes