Wastelander
721 posts

Re: Official Support for Filipino PS3 Owners - 25 supporters!

Jun 8, 2009

Well I'm glad we're picking up support from Pinoys and non-Pinoys in the PSN. however, we still need more support and even a petition to SCE.

So how's the struggle? I hope things are getting good from here.

we can do a petition to SCE or Sony Philippines (they're the one importing the PS3s and PSPs in the country, because well, it's Sony.) or both.

this must be noticed.

Photobucket
Message 40 of 228 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

Jun 9, 2009
I would love to do a petition to Sony Philippines regarding the matter however, I don't have their contact information (such as e-mail). Also, I think we should get more supporters first before doing such a thing. If they reject our petition now, I don't think they even have a reason to listen to us if we try to show them this petition again (unless we get a MASSIVE amount of support).
Message 41 of 228 (17 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 9, 2009
count me in!
Message 42 of 228 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
689 posts

Re: Official Support for Filipino PS3 Owners - 26 supporters!

Jun 9, 2009
Why would they waste their time for a small country? Just be part of whatever country's PSN and deal with it. Like 26 supporters will make a difference. People say they would like their country to have a PSN store and say they don't support the one they are a part of. But in reality they do support them. They support PSN just by owning a PS3. Even you support them op because you have a PSN ID. So unless you are willing to give up everything about the PS3 you support them and this will go unnoticed by Sony.
Not taking down until central plaza is like closed beta or we get TVs
Message 43 of 228 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

Re: Official Support for Filipino PS3 Owners - 27 supporters!

Jun 9, 2009

@Keyeszx

You don't get the point of this thread.

How can Filipino's buy PSN content with their Philippine Credit Cards? How are you supporting PSN when you can't/don't buy anything and all you do is download demos and trailers? You're just using bandwidth which costs money. Therefore, you are actually being a parasite to Sony's servers.

I don't see what's bad with Sony trying to expand to a bigger market. If we Filipinos ever get the support of Sony, would you be angry because they're wasting time on such a measly country that should be forgotten? That is just ignorance. You should try to think of the position we Filipinos are in.

You may tell us to just buy PSN cards. Well, that really isn't a very good idea. Almost NO store here in our country carries PSN cards. Amazon doesn't want to shop to our country even if it's just a code that's going to be emailed. And, Play-Asia is selling them for almost $30.

If you're in our position, what would you feel? I guess you'll just say: "Oh, the Philippines is a measly 3rd World country anyway, we don't deserve to be noticed by Sony"

Please rethink you're position. Also, if we don't do something, we'll never get the support of Sony. Atleast this thread gives us hope that someday, we MIGHT get supported by Sony.

PS. We never said anything about not supporting PSN/PS3 just because we're not supported by Sony.

Message Edited by kickingcarabao on 06-09-2009 01:24 AM
Message 44 of 228 (17 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jun 9, 2009

hope they support us in a way that we can use our credit cards in the asian psn store..

Are there even stores here in the Philippines that import psn cards? 

Message 45 of 228 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

Jun 10, 2009

Guys, let's keep this topic alive!

Keep on pointing your friends to this thread. Also, putting a link to the thread on your sig (like mine) might help.

Message 46 of 228 (17 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 15, 2009

Count me in also !!

Message 47 of 228 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Jun 16, 2009
You guys have my support!

We are currently recruiting for:
Modern Warfare 2 & MAG
Message 48 of 228 (17 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 16, 2009
keep it up guys!
Message 49 of 228 (17 Views)
0 Likes