Jun 8, 2009
Thanks for the advice Schobeleth!
Message 30 of 228 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

Re: Official Support for Filipino PS3 Owners

Jun 8, 2009
I added the list of supporters on the first post. Please check it out. And, again, thanks Schobeleth for the idea!
Message Edited by kickingcarabao on 06-07-2009 11:22 PM
Message 31 of 228 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

Jun 8, 2009

Well, I'm not Philipino, but I have many "Pinoy" friends, and even though I dont like the piracy rate in the Phillipines, I DO agree that more PSN countries would be a good thing.

So you can count me in. I support the cause, and I do hope that Sony invests in a store/PSN server for you guys

Message Edited by AilanHidaz on 06-07-2009 11:59 PM
Message 32 of 228 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

Re: Official Support for Filipino PS3 Owners - 22 supporters!

Jun 8, 2009

Thanks to all those who support our cause, specially those who aren't Filipino but still help us to get Official PSN support from Sony.

I hope this thread continues to live until we have a large size of supporters. So, if you're Filipino, please help us get PSN support by posting a message on this thread. Even if you're not a Filipino and just want to lend a helping hand, you can also post on this thread showing your support for us. Also, if you have any Filipino friends who own a Playstation 3/PSP, please point them to this thread.

Once again, thank you to all our supporters. 

Message 33 of 228 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 8, 2009
I think that this is a very good idea and I support this cause. I've actually wondered about this myself. I have purchased a lot of content from the PSN ranging from games like aquatopia, operation creature feature to suikoden and Siren. I had to apply for a virtual credit card (entropay) that would be compatible with the PSN. I pay extra for every purchase when using entropay. I'm hoping that Sony will consider. I'll be sure to inform some of my friends.
Message Edited by cegmp on 06-08-2009 12:55 AM
Message 34 of 228 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

Re: Official Support for Filipino PS3 Owners - 23 supporters!

Jun 8, 2009

If Sony decides not to support our country because of piracy, it's fine by me. However, I just want to tell you what I've been thinking about.

It is somehow Sony's (and the Phil. Government's) fault that piracy is very rampant here in the Philippines.

I actually am against piracy (specially in school where I make sneaky comments against piracy Smiley Very Happy). And, here's what I've observed from my friends.

They pirate since they DON'T KNOW that piracy is illegal. Stupid, no?

Many (NOT all) people here LOVE Sony and the PSP because of one thing: pirated games. Now, how can that happen!? Well, here's what they said: "Bakit ka pa bibili ng UMD eh pwede mo naman download ng libre sa internet" (Why buy UMD games if you can just download them from the internet). Well, once they say that, I usually change topics since our logic and morals differ. And, usually, if I go forward with my line of thinking (anti-piracy) they go raging about how "Piracy is practicality".

People say these things because they DON'T KNOW what happens when you pirate games. They don't know that their favorite companies could go the way of Factor 5. For them, piracy is legal. Some even think that Sony is actually the one giving away the games!

If Sony actually supports our country, they could actually team up with the Government to have stronger Copyright laws and REALLY put the piracy "business" in danger.

Message Edited by kickingcarabao on 06-08-2009 04:21 AM
Message 35 of 228 (29 Views)
Fender Bender
3090 posts

Jun 8, 2009
I don't actually want Sony to officially release the PS3 here in our country. All I want is just want to use my credit/debit card to buy stuff especially in Home. If a lot of stores here in the Philippines will export PSN cards I'll be contented.
Photobucket
Message 36 of 228 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 8, 2009

nice,count me in too...Filipino din ako!!(I'm also a Filipino)!!

Message 37 of 228 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

Jun 8, 2009

Don't worry, we're not asking for Sony to officially release the PS3 in the Philippines. We're just asking them to allow us access to PSN without fabricating info and allow us to buy games on the PSN store with our Philippine Credit Card.

"Message#36" was just a "What If" situation if Sony actually released the PS3 (not just PSN) here in the Philippines.

Message 38 of 228 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Re: Official Support for Filipino PS3 Owners - 25 supporters!

Jun 8, 2009
I am a Proud PS1, PS2 , PSP, And PS3 Owner. Please join me there......
Message 39 of 228 (29 Views)
0 Likes