First Son
1 posts

Re: Official Support for Filipino PS3 Owners

May 11, 2009
 Yeah i support this campaign!!! i hope that sony makes a response out of this so we will know what's it is going to be the company's action
Message 10 of 228 (45 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1726 posts

May 12, 2009
I support this as well and not just for the Philippines but for all the other countries out there that isn't being supported on PSN.
Message 11 of 228 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

May 12, 2009
I totally support this. Sony needs to make more servers in other parts in the world. As a Filipino myself by cousins in the Philippines want to play the new generation Video Game Consoles like the PS3. But it's too bad that they won't get the full PS3 experience.
Message 12 of 228 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
635 posts

May 12, 2009

They dont sell PSN cards to supots  or support the supot community

Message 13 of 228 (45 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 13, 2009
I also support this campaign. Please Sony heed our request.
Message 14 of 228 (45 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 13, 2009

count me in. i do hope you consider the Philippines as one of your target markets. And we support the anti-piracy campaign here in the Philippines. It's high-time to go legit.

SONY, what's your take on our request? Maybe you can even hire some of us in the community to help promote this.

Message 15 of 228 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

May 14, 2009

Sony, or anyone working for the PS team, if you're reading this, we are just asking for one thing.

We want to be able to BUY stuff (games) from the PSN store using our Philippine Credit Card.

If you would provide us one way/method which will allow us to use our credit cards DIRECTLY on the Playstation Store, we would be VERY HAPPY.

And, no, we're not asking for our own servers/PSN region. We just want to be integrated into the so-called ASIAN PSN Store.

Message 16 of 228 (45 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 14, 2009

I agree.There is a huge community of PS3 owners in the philippines. and if you are looking for figures, you might want to check out about 1/3 of Hong Kong, and Japan PS3 hardware sales to back that up because most ps3's in the philippines are imported from there. Not considering the number US Ps3s as well which are also imported. With this info, I dont know why they arent supporting the philippines considering we have MORE ps3 users than Malaysia.

There are a lot of Ps3 owners in the Philippines having issues using their creditcards to buy stuff from the PSN store. They have to resort to importing PSN cards which costs A LOT more.

All they have to do is integrate the database information of the creditcard accounts from local banks in the philippines and it should work. 

Another alternative would be to create a website dedicated to selling PSN funds regardless of which country/region they want. We don't need fancy cardboard designs, we just need our PSN wallet loaded properly by sending the code to our emails instead which is the main reason for buying PSN cards anyways. Less manufacturing and shipping cost. This will provide more flexibility and access especially for other countries as well, not only the philippines. It's pretty simple

This is why Microsoft is able to get as much profit as they can, because they have the common sense to actually implement support for the potential market no matter how small they are. 

Message Edited by fUnkYhUnk69 on 05-14-2009 07:02 AM
Message Edited by fUnkYhUnk69 on 05-14-2009 07:04 AM
Message 17 of 228 (45 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 17, 2009
Sony! Support us!!
Message 18 of 228 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

May 17, 2009

AshuraXDemon wrote:
I totally support this. Sony needs to make more servers in other parts in the world. As a Filipino myself by cousins in the Philippines want to play the new generation Video Game Consoles like the PS3. But it's too bad that they won't get the full PS3 experience.

Same here. I'm a Pinoy who also want's PSN/PSS support for Philippines, since I might bring my PS3 with me when I go back to the Philippines for awhile. (I'm now in the US, hope my account can work there in the Philippines)

and yes, I support. it's about time we make a petition, not just to SCEA/SCEI, but to our local Sony office in the Philippines. that's one step. 

Photobucket
Message 19 of 228 (45 Views)
0 Likes