Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 19 2009
By: kickingcarabao Splicer 39 posts

Support for Filipino PS3 Owners - 39 supporters!

227 replies 373 views Edited Sep 19, 2009

I have created this topic hoping that Sony will see it.

We, Playstation 3 (PS3) and Playstation Portable (PSP) owners from the Philippines and all other countries that are not supported, are faced with a dilemma concerning the Playstation Store/Network. Even though the Playstation Store is ripe with lots of games, we, unsupported PS3 and PSP owners, are left unable to buy these games.

I, and many other gamers, believe that this move by Sony does not benefit them or their consumers. By leaving potential markets unsupported, Sony is missing out on a lot of possible customers willing to spend money on the Playstation Store.

By supporting the Philippines, and other unsupported countries, Sony will expand its reaches and will be able to reap more profit. I believe it won't even cost them anything since countries, such as the Philippines, can just join the servers of their respective continent such as the Hongkong/Asian Playstation Network/Store.

If ever there is a reason behind Sony not supporting our countries, we would be very grateful if this would be publicly revealed as to ease confusion on why our country is not on the list of supported countries.

Your support will be met with utmost gratitude.

*If ever this post is against the ToS, Sony/Moderators reserve the right to lock/move/remove this topic. If this ever happens, I will respect the Moderators/Sony's decision.

Message Edited by shungokusatsu on 09-19-2009 12:30 AM
Message 110 of 228 (373 Views)
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Re: Official Support for Filipino PS3 Owners

May 11, 2009
This needs to happen. Sony isn't realizing that the PS3 is gaining momentum in the Philippines. And everything is legit.
Message 1 of 228 (373 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
254 posts

May 11, 2009
dy Yup, there is already a thriving PS3 community in the Philippines
Message 2 of 228 (373 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 11, 2009
yup. if that happens we don't need to import a console from HK or Japan! We can have our own Philippine PS3 and our own PSN account which is based in our Country. BTW, hello sir jsnepo! Fellow pinoyps here. cheers
Message 3 of 228 (373 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 11, 2009
Yeah, i guess this should happen... i mean it's really hard for us to buy psn cards all the time with all the shipping cost and stuff...
Message 4 of 228 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

May 11, 2009

I've also posted this on GameFaqs and I'm very happy that there are people who support us even if they're not Filipinos.

If you want to see it, here's the link:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=927750&topic=49455699

Message 5 of 228 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2290 posts

May 11, 2009
I saw your post on Playfire. I will support you. It's gonna be a long way but somebody has to do it.
Message 6 of 228 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

May 11, 2009

Thanks for all the support

If you visit any forums, especially Filipino Gaming forums, please tell them about this topic.

Again, thank you for all the support.

Message 7 of 228 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
689 posts

May 11, 2009
If you can use PSN then don't complain. If you want to buy PSN games or things buy a PSN card off the internet so you can. So there is no reason why Sony needs to waste effort and possibly money to make a PSN store specifically for the Filipinos.
Not taking down until central plaza is like closed beta or we get TVs
Message 8 of 228 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

May 11, 2009

We're not even asking for a dedicated PSN store/server.

We're just asking Sony to let us use our credit cards on the (Asian) PSN store. It's the ASIAN PSN Store after all and the last time I checked, the Philippines is IN ASIA whether it's a Third World Country or not.

We don't need some grand "You're now supported" party like the ones they did in other countries.

Just do what Microsoft did (No, I'm not comparing the two or pitting them against each other). They supported the Philippines even if it's a small market for them (during the time they supported us, they had only sold 2000 Xbox 360s).

They just had some manager announce that they are now marketing the console in the country and supported them in their online service.

Message Edited by kickingcarabao on 05-11-2009 06:42 AM
Message 9 of 228 (373 Views)
0 Likes