Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Re: Super StarDust voucher

Mar 27, 2012

Nah dude, researched and making an informed purchase or not, this deal was pretty shady.

Case in point. Researched the Vita and knew I wanted it. Preordered it, wifi only. Went to pick up and saw the wifi/3g bundle. FREE Game posted right on the box. (stipulations or not). Unfortunately I had left my phone in the car so I couldn't log on to anyone's website to read about the stipulations, which I shouldn't have neeeded to do anyway... they should have been clearly printed on the box. And I also don't feel I should have to research the crap out of every purchase I make from a company I trust.

Could have/should have been handled/presented much better by Sony.

Message 10 of 30 (9 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Mar 27, 2012

lmao, dude how you gonna come to a forum post acting like you know what you are talking about and cant even spell? seriously clown, you show me where it tells you the details about what has to be done to receive your free game on the box. when i bought my vita i was planning on buying the wifi version until i saw the 3g bundle with a sticker on front(thats it, nothing else, no details).

AND responsibility doesnt have an A in it genius, and assumptions has a P in it moron. Seriously, take your 3rd grade education and jump on your high horse to go back to illiteracyville. And like oatmealbone said why should i have to research everything i buy, plus at the time there was alot of stuff out there that wasnt accurate because i did my research. Simple fact is that im still waiting for my voucher regardless of any of that other crap. 35 days now. THATS NOT THE 35 DAYS WE WERE PROMISED!

Message 11 of 30 (9 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10862 posts

Mar 27, 2012

You didn't see the big bold *asterisk* on the label and wonder what it indicated?  Asterisks on labels (particularly when it relates to a promotional offer) usually mean there's a paragraphs worth of related information to go with the offer.  It takes a lot less space on a lable to stick an asterisk on it, then print the related information elsewhere on the packaging.

Basically, when you see an asterisk, it is a pretty good idea to ask questions.  Nothing in this world is ever 'FREE'.  There are usually prerequisites to getting the promotional product.  In this case, it is paying for a month of 3G service ($14.99) to get the 'free' game, which does not constitute false advertising, since you recieved $14.99 worth of service and got a free game for it.

Message 12 of 30 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
326 posts

Mar 27, 2012

I'm also getting a little upset at this. i activated 3g on the 15th of feb with the FirstEdition Bundle, started free month on 15th of march and still no code..... my question is........ Why arent those who activated first getting their codes first? would you not think that First edition buyers should have gotten it first?. and this whole waves thing..... WTH are they sending out 20 a day or something? its been almost 2 weeks since we were promised it. and many of us still dont have it.... this is why they shoulld have just given us an actual voucher code in the box for it......

Message 13 of 30 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Mar 27, 2012

Oh I certainly saw the asterisk, and knew there were stipulations... just would have liked those stipulations to be on the product I was buying. Typically the asterisk denotes a footnote, often times in microscopic print. Unfortunately, in the store and on the package, that microscopic print was nowhere to be found.

And I do take some responsibility for getting myself into this situation and that is because I simply asked the employee at the register what the deal was with this package? (meaning what are the stipulations...) He simply said that to his knowledge yes it did include a free game, which would be a download and he was also correct in that it was Super StarDust.

The information he failed to pass on (as did the packaging) is the information that most of us are complaining about. You may be right that it is technically not false advertising, but it is not false advertising in the same sense that exagerating is not lying. It was marketed that we would recieve a 'FREE' game if we purchased the bundle. But that is not the case. I bought the bundle, so where is my free game? Oh wait... it's not the purchase of the bundle that grants me the rights to the 'FREE' game, it is another - seperate purchase that entitles me to the 'FREE' game. Which by the way is not indicated anywhere accessible without an internet connection mind you.

But as much as that either aggrevated or disappointed many of us, they added injury to insult by forcing us to wait for the game until our paid month was up. To my knowledge once you sign up for the 3g service and AT&T authorizes the transaction on the card, there is no going back. It's not like you can cancel mid-month and recieve a refund. So even if they wanted to take this route with the promotion, why wouldn't they provide the code once we pay for our service?

Which brings me to my final point/issue which is the actual point of the original post, where is our free game? We have jumped through the hoops and "paid" ($14.99) for our 'FREE' game, now we must wait for our wave to come in?

Huh?

Message 14 of 30 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Mar 27, 2012

I don't know why you all are having an issue, but i recieved my game voucher on 3-15-2012 for Super Stardust Delta, I got it via my email from Playstation Network, if you need the proof, I'll attack a copy of the email to this post or create a new post with said attachment

Message 15 of 30 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Mar 27, 2012

You should seriously call in. Especially if it's been that long.

Message 16 of 30 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Mar 27, 2012

Lucky you, you must have been in one of the first waves. Did you get the First Edtion? Or the launch?

Message 17 of 30 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Mar 28, 2012

Activated my 14.99 data plan on the 19th of Feb..received my voucher from PlayStation on 3/15

Underground Member Since 1997
GAP Member since 2003

Message 18 of 30 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Mar 28, 2012

Thanks for the pic. I was going to go home and dig my box out of my filing cabinet just to have another look. Not trying to beat a dead horse, but I don't think people are complaining too much about having to activate the 3g, as much as it is about not being issued one WHEN we activate.

I know some folks have said the code should have been in the box, but I stated that I felt they should have sent the code once your payment was authorized, not 30-60 days later, since you cannot be refunded once you activate anyway.

This whole "wave" release on each Wednesday is another issue altogether, but that is still a legit issue.

Message 19 of 30 (9 Views)
0 Likes