Apr 07 2012
By: Link01 Monster Hunter 39 posts

Super StarDust voucher

29 replies 62 views Edited Apr 7, 2012

So, out of curiousity, has anyone received the promised SSD voucher that came with the 'pay one month get one free' datapass for Vita. It's been pass the advertised 30 days since my 'paid' datapase activation, I'm currently in my free month, and I have still yet to receive a code via email for SSD. I know it's probably being sent out in waves, but I just wanted to see if anyone has received it.

As an update: I got tossed back and forth between Sony's and AT&T's HelpDesk. Eventually it lead to AT&T's rep calling up Sony. What has 'apparently' happened consists of the fact that AT&T's data (emails, and people who vouche for the promotion) was sent to Sony in a massive bundled mess.. and not all at once.... and Sony could not process it correctly soooo, due to this AT&T is reporting to me that there may be a 'week' long delay. It seems that both parties are at fault here. I'm pointing more at AT&T though as I know how they handle business, and it seems that it's THEIR data that's causing problems. Either or, they're suppose to contact me by the end of this week to see if I have received my promotion.

Also, this took over an hour... so be prepared for anyone else who's going to call.

edit: till this day I still have yet to receive a code. It's quite infuriating how poorly this is being corrected/handled. I have called and emailed numerous times.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 30 (62 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Re: Super StarDust voucher

Mar 27, 2012

I havent gotten mine yet and ive been on my free month since the 15th. i called almost 2 weeks ago and they said they havent sent out all of them yet and told me to just wait. im close to calling again.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 30 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Mar 27, 2012

Then I think I might just be giving them a call. I sent out an email and basically got the 'be patient' and it's going out in waves response.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 30 (62 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Mar 27, 2012

I really hope they are telling the truth. I can wait as long as i know ill be getting it. Ill call if i dont get it this week.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 30 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Mar 27, 2012

Well, as a simple FYI.. it seems that AT&T are handling the voucher distribution... which would make sense as to why it hasn't arrived yet.

and then I called their customer service and got bounced back to Sony's Costumer Service. *Sigh*, looks like both HelDesk Departments are.. not soo informed by everyone else. The AT&T department also informed me that the voucher came after the 'free' month was completed. Not the first activated month.

edit: Sony states AT&T handles it and it's through your AT&T emails...

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 30 (62 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Mar 27, 2012

Just called they told me the same thing. The guy said they let at&t know about sending me the code so im just going to wait until the end of this week and if i dont get the code im going to call at&t.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 30 (62 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Mar 27, 2012

QUIT SAYING at&t is handling this, this is 100% not true!!! Sony is responsible for this. I called at&t before i called sony. AT&t called sony with me on the line and sony told them that they are sending them out in waves. Then yesterday i called sony and they told me the same thing...what i dont understand is why people arent jumping down sony's throats? They have no problem hiding the details from us when we purchased the 3g vita, not telling you anywhere that you only get a free game after signing up for first month of service(so i dont know how that constitutes free).. im so sick of these companies treating us consumers like this...i think that we need to flood sonys customer service with calls regarding this because it sounds like no one is getting what they were promised!!! FED UP!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 30 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
623 posts

Mar 27, 2012

PoLo-22- wrote:

QUIT SAYING at&t is handling this, this is 100% not true!!! Sony is responsible for this. I called at&t before i called sony. AT&t called sony with me on the line and sony told them that they are sending them out in waves. Then yesterday i called sony and they told me the same thing...what i dont understand is why people arent jumping down sony's throats? They have no problem hiding the details from us when we purchased the 3g vita, not telling you anywhere that you only get a free game after signing up for first month of service(so i dont know how that constitutes free).. im so sick of these companies treating us consumers like this...i think that we need to flood sonys customer service with calls regarding this because it sounds like no one is getting what they were promised!!! FED UP!!!!

????? Yeah dude, did you think to look on the front of the box, written in plain view right on the sticker for the bundle promo, it states that there are stipulations. Not to mention that both the sony site and at&t's website have the full rules and details posted; along with gamestops site, amazon, and I do believe walmarts website too. Maybe you should read about what you are purchasing. That is the RESPONSABILITY that a consumer takes on with any purchase the should make; furthermore it is your responsability to not make any assumtions or theories about what a product does or does not feature/include/or reward customers with, but to research, compare and make informed purchases. Read next time dude

"When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations."
David Icke
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 30 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Mar 27, 2012

Activated my dataplan on launch day... Still no voucher... Was on hold with AT&T for 45 minutes to get told they would call me back and they never did. I'm less than pleased.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 30 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Mar 27, 2012

im on the same boat as everyone else that is "****** off" here(*'s rhyme with dissed)

this is the poorest bonus or promo ive ever seen handeled

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 30 (62 Views)
0 Likes