Aug 17 2011
By: biggunzclub First Son 7 posts

Suggestions for update to Beta

2 replies 199 views Edited Aug 17, 2011

Who do we talk to about updates to the beta?

Move.me is a fun thing to play with, but it is lacking a key ability - The ability to draw on the screen that the PS3 uses.  Is there some way we could ask for a simple graphics API?  Just something that draws lines in different colors on the screen would be amazingly useful.

It would also be cool if we could change the "sword".  When is a sword ever the appropriate thing you want your controller to look like?

-- gunz

Message 1 of 3 (199 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: Suggestions for update to Beta

Aug 17, 2011

It is not a beta product as far as I know: this is the final version that does everything it was intended to do, i.e provide you with access to all the data from the controller and camera you need to create your own PC-based Move applications. It does require the end-user to have a target use in mind and to be able to program the necessary functionality around the Move library for their particular application. As such I don't think you are ever going to see drawing functionality on the PS3 itself (the sword is only there to ensure the controller is being tracked as expected), and in order to create a virtual world with lines, or superimpose other object types on the controller as you suggested, you will need to build your own 3D applications (on the PC) to do this.

Message 2 of 3 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
8 posts

Re: Suggestions for update to Beta

Aug 19, 2011

I don't really get what you are referring to, maybe you are confusing how the Move.Me works. As SynergyBlades said, what is running on the PS3 is just a server that communicates the input from the camera and controllers to your own PC application. What you are seeing on screen is just the output of the server, the actual "render" will be made on your computer. You just send and receive data (via TCP and UDP) from the PS3.

Message 3 of 3 (199 Views)
0 Likes