Feb 10 2012
By: SD_SARG3 First Son 20 posts

Suggested PS Vita Apps

44 replies 1368 views Edited Feb 10, 2012

I've been thinking recently about the sheer possiblities that the PS Vita brings fourth, and wanted to bring up a discussion on the apps that people use the most on other platforms. What do you want to see app wise on the PS Vita soon after launch.

Here's my personal favorites from the Android 2.3 Platform;

• Pulse
    • The Pulse News Reader is a very powerful news consolidation program that I use on a hourly basis to stay up to date on all the news I need to know about video games, music, movies, government, gadgets, etc.
  • GNotes & GTasks
    • These two apps give me the capability to take notes and keep on task without a sweat, and best of all, they sync directly to my G-Mail account so that I can pull everything up, anytime, anywhere. Regardless of hardware.
  • Documents To Go
    • This program gives me full capability to be productive in a business setting with a multimedia intensive device.
  • Shazam
    • Shazam might have a hard time getting authorized for the PS Vita due to Music Unlimited, however, I have found it invaluable in finding and downloading a song that best represents what I like.
  • aCar
    • aCar is a program designed to keep track of everything you do with your car so that it can give predictions on when you need to fill up the gas tank, change the oil, clean the fuel system and even check/change the serpentine belt. So with all this, and an old car, you can expect a lot of use out of this app.

Please bring up any of your favorite apps, from any platform so that we can help Sony build up an App Wishlist for the PS Vita, and possibly the next PlayStation.

Message 1 of 45 (1,368 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2213 posts

Re: Suggested PS Vita Apps

Feb 10, 2012

I'd like to see a calendar or appointment type book for it.

Message 2 of 45 (1,368 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Feb 10, 2012

Second the Calendar app. 

Message 3 of 45 (1,368 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Feb 10, 2012

Sorry to ask i know they already have the facebook app for the ps vita. But does anyone know the date it will be available to download to your ps vita or is it already on there pre-loaded

Message 4 of 45 (1,368 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Feb 10, 2012

I third that Calendar app, I would love to see that, especially if it syncs with Google services.

Message 5 of 45 (1,368 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Feb 10, 2012

I would definitly like to know that as well, and where can you download the apps for the PS Vita?

Message 6 of 45 (1,368 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Feb 10, 2012

Playstation Suite(I think)

Message 7 of 45 (1,368 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Feb 11, 2012

Vesternex wrote:

Sorry to ask i know they already have the facebook app for the ps vita. But does anyone know the date it will be available to download to your ps vita or is it already on there pre-loaded

Facebook, Foursquare, Twitter and Skype will be available at launch. Other apps will be in the Playstation Suite, which doesn't have an official release date yet.

It would be awsome if there was a calendar app that syncs to the SEN and it shows updates on the calendar about the newest games apps and updates. I would also like to see dolphin browser and a gmail app.

Message 8 of 45 (1,368 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Feb 11, 2012

D-Roy12 wrote:

It would be awsome if there was a calendar app that syncs to the SEN and it shows updates on the calendar about the newest games apps and updates. I would also like to see dolphin browser and a gmail app.

Gravity Rush <3

That is an awesome idea! Hell, Sony listen up, that feature might actually help sell your games to people otherwise to busy to look at advertisements!

Message 9 of 45 (1,368 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Feb 11, 2012

I would like a steam app, messanger app (facebook,aim,yahoo ect in one), G4 app, and a metacritic app

Message 10 of 45 (1,368 Views)
0 Likes