Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 03 2013
By: Wynter001 First Son 8 posts

Subaccount to Master account.

[ Edited ]
15 replies 98 views Edited Apr 4, 2013

Can I change my sub account into a master account? 'cause I can't play all games and I can't get some apps (like skype). And I'm almost 18, am I stuck with the subaccount forever? (psvita) xoxo

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (98 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

Re: Subaccount to Master account.

Apr 4, 2013

Nope you can't. The only way you can get a Master is to buy your own PS3 or wait for a PS4 and start fresh. Or you can buy a PS Vita and sign up with a new ID.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (92 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Will I lose all my stuff with a new ID? :c

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (90 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18240 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

Wynter001 wrote:

You will have to redo all trophies and save files associated with that account. However, if you leave the account activated on your PS3, you can still use the content when on another account. You also cannot transfer any funds from your current account into your new account.

If you're okay with the above, then you should go ahead and make a new account.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (81 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

Wynter001 wrote:

Unfortunately yes. That's the only drawback, but eventually you'll have to make a master account so just be prepared to make some sacrifices.

Edit: Da_Almighty_Guy is correct that on the existing PS3 with the ID you have now you will still have access to PS3 games etc but with a new system if you add your ID as a subaccount you can get all the stuff you have now back.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (80 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Apr 4, 2013

and how do I make a new ID? A whooole new ID with a new account on that website (sonyentertainmentnetwork)? And how do I sign in with the new account on my ps vita? (Sorry for bothering.. :'D)

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (72 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Apr 4, 2013

oh and can I use my old e-mail? Cause they said I needed an other one, cus this one was already taken..

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (70 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18240 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Wynter001 wrote:

and how do I make a new ID? A whooole new ID with a new account on that website (sonyentertainmentnetwork)? And how do I sign in with the new account on my ps vita? (Sorry for bothering.. :'D)

For the PS3, you'll want to create a New User at the far left of the XMB. When signing up for PlayStation Network on that new account, you need to use a new e-mail address in order to create it, since you cannot use 1 e-mail account for more than 1 PSN account.

It's basically the same as if you were creating the 1st User Account on your PS3. I believe you can also change your e-mail used on the current account so you can use your main e-mail on the new one too. Try looking in your Account Settings on the PS3 and online for help on that.

As for the Vita, I don't know what to do, since I don't own one. Hopefully someone else can help you there.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (64 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Apr 4, 2013

kaykay, thanks for your help :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (62 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

Ok this may be more trouble then it is worth. First, you will need a new email for the new account. For the Vita, you will have to restore it  to its factory defaults and format the memory card. Then once it is back to its factory defaults you will need to sign in with your new ID. The only problem is that if you have stuff on your current PS3, you will not be able to transfer it over to your vita with your new master account.

The Vita is user specific, meaning only one account is allowed, so you may want to think about whether or not its worth getting the master ID.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (60 Views)
0 Likes