Oct 16 2011
By: C-Mac-96 First Son 10 posts

Sub accounts to master accounts

5 replies 524 views Edited Oct 16, 2011

I've looked around on the forums and found that it is impossible to change a sub account to a master account, even if you are now over 18 years old. Why is this? with all the improvements Sony has made to the PSN, why can they not allow the master account to change the sub account into a master account? Surely it wouldn't be that hard of a thing to do. Because so far if you want a master account and you are a sub account, you have to create a whole new account, losing purchased content, save game data, and trophies. Please fix Sony!

What do Gordon Freeman, Heavy, and Jason Brody have in common?

Message 1 of 6 (524 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Re: Sub accounts to master accounts

Oct 16, 2011

A suggestion to Sony would to be that in a future system software update for PS3, they include a feature where you can "upgrade" your sub account to a master account when you turn 18 or via the master account linked to the sub account. I'm sure this is possible, it's just a matter of Sony choosing to do it or not.

Message 2 of 6 (524 Views)
MVP Support
40519 posts

Oct 16, 2011

C-Mac-96 wrote:

I've looked around on the forums and found that it is impossible to change a sub account to a master account, even if you are now over 18 years old. Why is this? with all the improvements Sony has made to the PSN, why can they not allow the master account to change the sub account into a master account? Surely it wouldn't be that hard of a thing to do. Because so far if you want a master account and you are a sub account, you have to create a whole new account, losing purchased content, save game data, and trophies. Please fix Sony!

"If it's possible, it's improbable."

For what it's worth I agree with you completely.

i'm sure many others have before you, but feel free to suggest it here: http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 6 (524 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Oct 17, 2011

Yeah I've already seen the share.blog. There is already a suggestion for "promoting" sub accounts but as you can see it has not been implemented yet. It is over a year old. I just wonder has Sony seen that idea and will it ever become reality?

Message 4 of 6 (524 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40519 posts

Oct 17, 2011

C-Mac-96 wrote:

Yeah I've already seen the share.blog. There is already a suggestion for "promoting" sub accounts but as you can see it has not been implemented yet. It is over a year old. I just wonder has Sony seen that idea and will it ever become reality?

"If it's possible, it's improbable." "We are already making history in the future."

It's one of those things that may or may not happen, sorry but all you can really do is try to forget about it & wait!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 5 of 6 (524 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Yes, Idea 4437 is just about that. Fully support they should fix thi.

Turning 18 soon,... hope they fix it!

Message 6 of 6 (354 Views)
0 Likes