Splicer
43 posts

Re: Sub-account upgrade to master account

Mar 21, 2013

Thank you all for the support. I would like to try and keep this thread going so it may help all of us in the future.

Message 11 of 21 (281 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Mar 21, 2013
Well I sure as hell am not creating a new account, I have invested to much time and money , in both trophies, ps3 saves and ps vita purchases
Message 12 of 21 (274 Views)
Splicer
43 posts

Mar 22, 2013
I have learned that Nick Suttner is the "Playstation Account Support Manager". I believe he is the best person to hear our plea. I am trying to find an email for him when I do I will post it.

Message 13 of 21 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Mar 22, 2013

this sounds a bit complex why do you own 2 accounts ? and why didnt you made them both master accounts when you created them ? what makes your PS ID rare ???

Message 14 of 21 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Mar 22, 2013
It is simple. The PSN ID that I wanted when playstation was released could not be created "REVV". When I did create an account it was a Master account. Back then the playstation would only allow 1 master account on the console, hence the creation of a sub-account. Ever since I have been f@&$ed over with this set up. I created the accounts when I was well over 18 years of age. It had no age restrictions for sub-accounts.

Message 15 of 21 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Mar 22, 2013

That doesn't sound right but OK just a piece of advice every time you replay a game do it in a new account, that way you will slowly rebuild trophy level in case you do have to change into a new account eventually, right now you have the opportunity of doing so quick and easy seeing as how your trophy level is built upon playing many games and getting lots of bronze trophies

take it from someone who had to change accounts too and started trophies from 0

Message 16 of 21 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Mar 23, 2013

It should not have to be this way. Sony can find a way to change sub-accounts to master accounts. When or if they will remains to be seen.

Message 17 of 21 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Mar 23, 2013

Terms of service that changed after the creation of my sub-account that causes me not to have access to Playstation Plus for my Vita. Sony is the one losing out on revenue from this as if they allowed it sub-account users can purchase it as well and access free content for their personal systems.

Message 18 of 21 (124 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Aug 28, 2013
A fellow Rev!

I know exactly how you feel, and I am seriously hoping this gets addressed with the new PSN on PS4. Being that we have to pay to play online now, there is bound to be a new terms of agreement we would have to accept. I don't see how Sony couldn't add a section in that new terms regarding upgrading sub-accounts.

Especially since this has been such a long console generation almost the entire population that bought PS3 at launch are now of age. I created my account at 17 completely oblivious to the fact that Sony would not automatically upgrade my account within a year. I am 22 now and this is ridiculous. All I want a master account for is to give Sony more money! I don't want to deal with the hassle of separate PSN accounts just to buy games off the store.

I am not willing to sacrifice my trophies, friend list, username, and even more recently my cross buy games tied to my account on Vita.
Message 19 of 21 (67 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Aug 28, 2013
This is why I put my brothers age as 18 when they were 13 and 15, they still use the same account. They should change it once the user turns 18.
Message 20 of 21 (59 Views)
0 Likes