Mar 15 2013
By: REVV Splicer 43 posts

Sub-account upgrade to master account

20 replies 439 views Edited Mar 15, 2013
Sony please start allowing sub-accounts to be upgraded to master accounts. I am posting here because I have been fighting with Sony since I created my account and ever since had more and more restrictions put on my account. I am over 18 and should not have to be stuck on a sub-account. And NO I WILL NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT. I am level 13 on trophies and have a rare PSN ID that wish to keep. Allowing me to change account type would solve my issue with the Playstation network. Thank you.

Message 1 of 21 (439 Views)
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Re: Sub-account upgrade to master account

Mar 15, 2013
You should be able to upgrade. I never made a sub acc so I don't exactly know....what are the restrictions?
Message 2 of 21 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Mar 15, 2013
The big one for me is to have access to playstation plus. If I buy plus on my master account I cannot use free games on my Vita. As my Vita is registered to my sub-account PSN ID.

Message 3 of 21 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Mar 16, 2013

Message 4 of 21 (397 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Mar 16, 2013

You can call support, maybe they can merge the accounts for you. No matter what it would have to be done on their end.

Message 5 of 21 (393 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18872 posts

Mar 16, 2013

REVV wrote:
Sony please start allowing sub-accounts to be upgraded to master accounts. I am posting here because I have been fighting with Sony since I created my account and ever since had more and more restrictions put on my account. I am over 18 and should not have to be stuck on a sub-account. And NO I WILL NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT. I am level 13 on trophies and have a rare PSN ID that wish to keep. Allowing me to change account type would solve my issue with the Playstation network. Thank you.

I agree with you, SONY should allow for sub-accounts to upgraded to master account status.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 6 of 21 (388 Views)
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Mar 16, 2013

i have been dealing with this problem for years now... i have called and they have told me countless of times that a sub account, cannot upgrade to a full account... im worried when the ps4 comes out, that ill still be stuck with a sub account and restricted to hell... i hate that sony employees only solution is to create a new account... such BS!

Message 7 of 21 (373 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Mar 16, 2013
I have no experience with this since both of my ps3s (old one was stolen... loved that one, but this one works just as well since i can still play my ps1 discs and i don't have any more ps2 games, they were stolen with my old ps3) have only had a single user account on them.
My PSN
Message 8 of 21 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4072 posts

Mar 16, 2013

When we got our first PS3 I was honest and put in my children's accounts as I had to, sub to my Master Account. The only way around that is to do it differently.

Sony will not emancipate accounts when they reach adulthood.

I keep a link in my sig to info about this issue with a petition, just to keep up with the idea that Sony SHOULD do this, and bring it to the attention of more people.

Message 9 of 21 (358 Views)
MVP Support
18872 posts

Mar 16, 2013

jon1234 wrote:

i have been dealing with this problem for years now... i have called and they have told me countless of times that a sub account, cannot upgrade to a full account... im worried when the ps4 comes out, that ill still be stuck with a sub account and restricted to hell... i hate that sony employees only solution is to create a new account... such BS!

And unless something that can truly break down the reason as to why SONY doesn't escalete sub-accounts to Master accounts, you will keep dealing with this for years to come. Since the launch of the PSN, the term of service have been clear about PSN accounts.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 10 of 21 (354 Views)