Jan 08 2013
By: Tankmen404 Hekseville Citizen 260 posts

Street fighter X Tekken or Ultimate marvel vs capcom 3

9 replies 1716 views Edited Jan 8, 2013
Thanks to Havocsarmy I found out sfxt and umvc3 are on sale for cheap at best buy. I was wondering though which one should I get? I'm a huge fighter fan. I have been playing tekken, marvel vs capcom, and some street fighter series my whole life. I already own psasbr but I need something hardcore and with some online multiplayer replay value. Please help me out the sale ends soon and I need some opinions.

And thnx again Havocsarmy I would have bought one of these games at full price if it wasn't for you bro.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 1 of 10 (1,716 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Re: Street fighter X Tekken or Ultimate marvel vs capcom 3

Jan 8, 2013
Single player wise, SF X Tekken is really good. It has a lot of modes and if you like experimenting you can come up with some awesome teams. Online though has been crap for me, there's continuous lag and sometimes it's almost unberable something I didn't experience with Blazblue~.

I've no idea about UMvsC3 but I do know it's limited in how much single player content there is~.
Message 2 of 10 (1,712 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7106 posts

Jan 8, 2013

I haven't tried it, but I heard a lot of people were disappointed with SF X Tekken.  I suppose that could be the case with UMvC3 also, but I heard more positive about it.  It looks like both were reviewed very similary though.  I have UMvC3 and really like it; if you like the other MvC games, it should be pretty similar.  The only disappointing thing for me is that it doesn't have as many as/certain characters that were in the previous ones.

Message 3 of 10 (1,712 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Hmm it's hard to choose. Seems like umvc3 is in lead though...anyone els might wanna put an opinion in ....and thx to the replyers above
Message 4 of 10 (1,707 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Keep in mind that most of the negative backslash that SFxT got is because of the whole DLC on disc fiasco with the XBOX 360 / PS3 versions, something the PSV doesn't suffer from; however, I do agree with JERM7 on the fact that if you liked previous MvC you are probably going to like UMvC3 for sure despite the limited content in Single Player~.
Message 5 of 10 (1,703 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Jan 8, 2013

I haven't played SFxT, but lked UMvC3 enough on my 360 to make it my first owned game on the Vita.

Other then that, here are a couple videos done by the same guy on both games on the Vita. Maybe it will give you a better idea of how they play and you can see which is more appealing to you.

Good luck.

Message 6 of 10 (1,700 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Thnx unrealbutcher Smiley Very Happy. After seeing those vid it made it harder to choose lol...though I'm afraid if I get online with umvc I will get destroyed every time I sign in XD
Message 7 of 10 (1,696 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Jan 8, 2013
You'll get destroyed in pretty much all fighting games online; they are predated by pro players that make you their belt loop **bleep** in a blink. Blazblue is about the only fighting game on the PSV whose matching system more or less works, the others are...pretty nasty~.
Message 8 of 10 (1,694 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Jan 8, 2013
My gawd, that sounds horrific...I would consider blazeblue but I'm not really into the game for some reason( I don't know why lol). But as for those two games can some tell me how the online community is on them?
Message 9 of 10 (1,691 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Jan 9, 2013

It would've been nice if the guy in the video used the Tekken characters. 

Message 10 of 10 (1,662 Views)
0 Likes