Reply
Highlighted
Jul 15 2008
By: Argo2006 Hekseville Citizen 375 posts
Offline

Streaming Itunes music on PS3

16 replies 9166 views Edited Jul 15, 2008
Is there a plugin or something that i can get so my itunes music can be streamed onto the ps3. Or will i have to download a program and use that instead of itunes if i want to play music on my ps3 from my pc.
Message 1 of 17 (9,166 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/30/2007
Offline
427 posts
 

Re: Streaming Itunes music on PS3

Jul 15, 2008

Argo2006 wrote:
Is there a plugin or something that i can get so my itunes music can be streamed onto the ps3. Or will i have to download a program and use that instead of itunes if i want to play music on my ps3 from my pc.

 

i usually use itunes on my pc but i couldnt find a way to stream it to my ps3 so i use ironically enuf, Windows Media Player and it works great. if u can get itunes on ur ps3 someone let me know =)
Socom Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 2 of 17 (9,166 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/17/2003
Offline
4488 posts
 

Re: Streaming Itunes music on PS3

Jul 15, 2008
From what I have heard.  Direct your Windows Media Player to your Itunes library and set up WMP as a media server.  I have been unable to get this to work for me.  For some reason not all of my files will work


Message 3 of 17 (9,166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 01/10/2007
Offline
17841 posts
 

Re: Streaming Itunes music on PS3

Jul 15, 2008
not much luck with it because iTunes songs are DRM

42" Panasonic Plasma TH-42PZ700U 1080p w/ Yamaha 5.1 720W Surround Sound
Get to Know Your Fellow Gamer Thread!
Message 4 of 17 (9,166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/10/2008
Offline
1183 posts
 

Re: Streaming Itunes music on PS3

Jul 15, 2008
Hmm im not sure with Itunes. But I steam my music from my computer using WMP.
Message 5 of 17 (9,166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/28/2007
Offline
192 posts
 

Re: Streaming Itunes music on PS3

Jul 15, 2008
the format of your music files in i tunes is not one the ps3 reads you will need to put it in to wmp to listen to them .
Message 6 of 17 (9,166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 11/15/2008
Offline
89 posts
 

Re: Streaming Itunes music on PS3

Nov 26, 2008

tazzman70 wrote:
the format of your music files in i tunes is not one the ps3 reads you will need to put it in to wmp to listen to them .

I have a bunch of music on my CPU all in Itunes, most of it songs i ripped from CDs i own. What is the best way to convert it to wmp format but still use it via Itunes?

Yes i know Itunes stinks, and Windows Media Player is better, but i personally like Itunes and how it works with my Ipod.

Is there a way to use both without duplicating all of my music files?

 

I have been trying to figure out a good way to listen to all of the songs i have on my CPU wirelessly through my stereo for over a year now but have never really been able to find anything better (for the price) than plugging my cpu into my receiver. It looks like connecting my PS3 to my CPU through my wireless network may be the solution i have been looking for, and if it works out i will be pumped!

Message 7 of 17 (9,166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/30/2007
Offline
1075 posts
 

Re: Streaming Itunes music on PS3

Nov 26, 2008

Find the Itunes folder on your PS3.  Mine is buried in there but I can find it.

When you put songs on your computer (on itunes) it goes into the itunes folder.  So as long as you can find this folder on your PS3, you should be able to play most of your itunes library.  You won't be able to play itunes-downloaded songs though.

Message 8 of 17 (9,166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/01/2007
Offline
696 posts
 

Re: Streaming Itunes music on PS3

Nov 26, 2008
that sucks...all of my songs are downloaded from the music store...Smiley Sad

mca47 wrote:

Find the Itunes folder on your PS3.  Mine is buried in there but I can find it.

When you put songs on your computer (on itunes) it goes into the itunes folder.  So as long as you can find this folder on your PS3, you should be able to play most of your itunes library.  You won't be able to play itunes-downloaded songs though.


 

ps1 Pictures, Images and Photos
PS2 Owner Pictures, Images and Photos
PSP Owner Pictures, Images and Photos
Ps3 Owner Pictures, Images and PhotosProud American Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 9 of 17 (9,166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/17/2008
Offline
1100 posts
 

Re: Streaming Itunes music on PS3

Nov 26, 2008

t_watson wrote:

tazzman70 wrote:
the format of your music files in i tunes is not one the ps3 reads you will need to put it in to wmp to listen to them .

I have a bunch of music on my CPU all in Itunes, most of it songs i ripped from CDs i own. What is the best way to convert it to wmp format but still use it via Itunes?

Yes i know Itunes stinks, and Windows Media Player is better <--- WRONG, but i personally like Itunes and how it works with my Ipod.

Is there a way to use both without duplicating all of my music files?

 

I have been trying to figure out a good way to listen to all of the songs i have on my CPU wirelessly through my stereo for over a year now but have never really been able to find anything better (for the price) than plugging my cpu into my receiver. It looks like connecting my PS3 to my CPU through my wireless network may be the solution i have been looking for, and if it works out i will be pumped!


AirTunes will do it. It works for Apple or Windows. 

 

http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/features/airtunes.html

Message 10 of 17 (9,166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes