- games do not show in the menu,
- listening to it, it sounds like it tries spinning for a second, repeats this a few times, internal eject, spins a few times, then gives up.
- Boot into safe mode, Option 3, Clean File System
Workarounds for games to boot:
-Boot into safe mode, Option 3, Clean File System
- Format within Ps3 Options
- Replaced blueray lens with same KES-450a lens
- Originally, the ps3 stopped reading games all together, i changed the lens, issue continued, I cleared the file system through safe mode, and the ps3 is now picking up games (40% of the time) While clearing the File System, it said it was corrupted. Clearing it a second time, the message remained. Third time, message remained. It did complete the task though.
-When games do load, they never freeze, there are no problems ejecting or strange sounds.
- I am testing with Star Wars Unleashed 2 and Resistence 3
- CECH-2001 PS3 Slim
- No Warranty
Has anyone seen this, or have any suggestions?
First off, how did you come of this?
Did you just simply turn your Game Auto Boot on?
Or was it more to it then that?
I am asking so that I can test this out in case it happens to me, too...
Also, what PS3 Model do you have?
FAT, Slim, or Super Slim?
And what was your Original HDD Size?
Have double checked all your ribbon connections.
I'm trying to find a picture. Ill keep looking but on the lens you want to look for a solder point that looks joined to gether its called the antistatic solder point you must remove that before powering on the ps3.
This isn't yours but it will give you an idea of what I mean.
i am now receiving the following error:
An error occurred during the start operation, (80010514)
I cleared the file system, the error remained but the game was visible. On the second attempt at launching it from the menu, it loaded.
Error is no longer present
80010514 means the laser has died.
The code means a Disc Read Error.
You're gonna have to replace the laser. and ONLY replace the laser of the same model.
if you still have an existing warranty, you can let Sony try to repair it(but theres a 50/50 chance the repair/refurb will not work after a while).
If you don't have a warranty, and are not confident in following directions for laser replacement, you can search locally for any repair businesses.
Endless Electronics an Gopher Mods does good repairs.